It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE!?! I'm confused!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't know what you're talking about.

I've never been scared of Xenomorphs

But I certainly think we should defend against them if they get out of hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In this day of age the isolationist mentality simply breeds stagmentation and discontent.

The world is simply not big enough any longer to maintain such beliefs.

Keep us apart, keep us at one another throats.

Its what people in power do to maintain control, its an old game but still an effective one to the shame of the people of Earth i might add.

Wanting secure borders does not equate to an isolationist mentality.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I don't know what you're talking about.

I've never been scared of Xenomorphs

But I certainly think we should defend against them if they get out of hand.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO! They're coming!!
lol

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Xenophobia, secure borders, common sense, whatever agenda-driven label you want to call it, the most basic truth is that there are laws being broken and a White House which is blocking states from doing the job this Administration has been tasked with, yet continually shirks. We are a nation of laws, either prosecute violations of them or abolish them entirely, but enough of this attack the lawful horsecrap.

www.breitbart.com...

Between 2008 and 2014, 40% of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34% and Arizona 17.8%.
During those years, criminal aliens accounted for 38% of all murder convictions in the five states of California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and New York, while illegal aliens constitute only 5.6% of the total population in those states.
That 38% represents 7,085 murders out of the total of 18,643.
That 5.6% figure for the average illegal alien population in those five states comes from US Census estimates. We know the real number is double that official estimate. Yet, even if it is 11%, it is still shameful that the percentage of murders by criminal aliens is more than triple the illegal population in those states.

Those astounding numbers were compiled by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) using official Department of Justice data on criminal aliens in the nation’s correctional system. The numbers were the basis for a presentation at a recent New Hampshire conference sponsored by the highly respected Center for Security Policy. You can view the full presentation here:

That makes this:

Because statistically Mexicans illegal immigration isn't as bad of a problem as the right makes it out to be.

An untrue statement, unless you're of the position that murders and rapes aren't that bad of a problem.

Mind you, this post is coming from a "close the damn borders, already"* admitted xenophobe who believes borders exist for a reason and securing them should be priority #1 for the USA.
*and yeah, I'm talking close the borders to all immigration for a time. Asian, Latin America, European... all of it. Country is full, hang the No Vacancy sign.
edit on 20-7-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Trump's crass, polarizing delivery of his immigration policy makes him a very easy target for the xenophobe label. By extension, his supporters are easy targets, too.

This is what Trump does as a provocateur and phony-republican. He could state his policy with more diplomacy, but he circulated the mantra, right away, that he is 'refreshingly honest and un-PC' so he had a license to turn off all the minority voting blocs to give democrats the edge in the general election.

I'm sure this was the strategy he and Bill Clinton cooked up when they discussed Trump's run a few weeks before he launched his campaign.

As if Trump really, really cares about the issue. He never did before.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I seem to have missed the part where it said that all of those illegals are Mexicans, and I also could have sworn I posted a statistic that talked about illegal demographic makeups. If I didn't know better, this sounds awfully like distorted truth. But you wouldn't do that would you? We deny ignorance here. Right?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Then why the borders? Because the illusion of control and security is a fallacy at best and an atrocity at worst.

Why have such borders if not to maintain a semblance of supposed control?

People with monies or means will never be denied access no matter there supposed country of origin!

The problem being the distribution of wealth among our respective populations.

Its never been about where you are from, just what you have to offer.
edit on 20-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It has been a key part of the aggressive regressive left these past few years, they do not get what they want so the buzz words get spouted about. Brexit was a perfect example with totally absurd things being said. We live in sad times where basic and I mean proper basic commonsense is lacking. Quite how anyone can claim Xenophobic or racist tendencies when you state a country needs proper boarder control is just moronic at best and down right dangerous at worst.

Xenophobic, Racist, Neo Nazi, the list goes on. The only bright side is that Brexit has shown that a good amount of people are not buying it any more and they are now starting to see that these labels mean bugger all for the normal person with a ounce of savvy and long may it continue.

RA
edit on 20-7-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE!?! I'm confused!

It doesn't but people like to be lazy and its far easier to label XENOPHOBE, HOMOPHOBE, or RACIST than argue on merits.

However, you wanting to secure borders is overlooking and not dealing with the real issue.

I mean, do you have locks on the doors in your domicile? If so, does that mean you're a XENOPHOBE too?

Invalid analogy, the correct analogy would be to have your doors locked, but your wife and kids inside the house offering thieves a reward to steal your stuff and purposely leaving the windows open.

The problem with illegal immigration can't be fixed with a wall. The problem must be dealt with the prosecution of the agriculture,hospitality, and construction industry that lobby and give incentives for cheap slave labor to come illegally into this country. Those 3 industry directly benefit from cheap illegal labor.

The only way to stop or slow down the flow of illegals is to prosecute each American company that hires illegals 50K per illegal and compound the amount per infraction. That will take away their incentives to come here illegally.

Take care of the illegals being enticed by American companies with work and that will free up plenty of resources to keep an eye on those illegally crossing the border for non job related things.

However, the consequence is that our economy will likely collapse as we are too dependant on cheap foreign slave labor.

edit on 27731America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jul 2016 17:27:29 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: schuyler
It's a tactic of extremists to mis-label their opposition. If you even hint that Bruce Jenner really is a male transvestite and not a "transgendered person" you are labeled a "homophobe."

That is not the case. She is a transgendered person. A transvestite, I believe, only dresses and acts like the opposite gender. Racist and xenophobe are indeed, actual words. I have used the word racist maybe 3x on this site and the word xenophobe once, after being directed to that being the more appropriate word. I have possibly typed homophobe once or twice at most.

It seems conservatives, on this site, use the words racist, xenophobe and homophobe more to say they they were accused of being such. It is a cooundrum I cannot explain.

Sorry but the term you are looking for is a cross dresser. Or a "man dressed in drag".

*edit* I guess you are right as far as the "official" definition.
edit on 20-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

*edit* I am feeling some Mandella Effect here..
edit on 20-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I seem to have missed the part where it said that all of those illegals are Mexicans, and I also could have sworn I posted a statistic that talked about illegal demographic makeups. If I didn't know better, this sounds awfully like distorted truth. But you wouldn't do that would you? We deny ignorance here. Right?

Well, let's look at this state by state, then.
Texas: 78% illegals from Mexico www.migrationpolicy.org...
California: 70% illegals from Mexico www.migrationpolicy.org...
Arizona: 87% illegals from Mexico www.migrationpolicy.org...

I'll give you Florida at 28% illegals from Mexico www.migrationpolicy.org...
I'll also give you New York at 21% illegals from Mexico. www.migrationpolicy.org...

Texas, California, and Arizona, however, unless the OTM illegals are jaw droppingly proficient in violence and sexual assaults, it's pretty clear the illegals from Mexico are committing violent crimes at a significantly higher rate than the people who have a legal right to be in those states.

edit on 20-7-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ok...I guess I should give a serious response:

I don't think its xenophobic to not want too many immigrants. It's perfectly reasonable when we're discussing available public resources and the like as well as potential threats.

I think we should definitely be securing the border AND promoting citizenship paths rather than ignoring the law over feel good stories of hard work and hardship.

I'm a legal immigrant. Been a citizen about 4 years now. My parents were Cuban refugees that escaped to Costa Rica. Back in the late 70s and 80s, Costa Rica was not what it is today. We went through some serious 3rd world # down there and it was because of XENOPHOBIA that my parents could not find jobs. No one wanted to hire an immigrant from Cuba when they could be hiring natives. At the time Costa Rica, a nation of around 10 million, had a 12% unemployment rate and it was getting worse. We didn't enter Costa Rica illegally either.

Flash to our emigration to the US. My parents found good paying jobs, refugee sponsorship by a freight company in Los Angeles, and we were treated quite well.

I've seen SOME xenophobia out of people but it was only because they didn't actually understand the immigration process. Once I explained it to them it wasn't an issue anymore. That said, it's not the legal immigrants many Americans are opposed to, it's the illegals.

They bring disease with them, crime in many cases, and even those who don't are a drain on public services. We have to control this not open the flood gates. We need to deport or jail the illegals that come here to commit crimes, and those who don't either deport them or offer them certain terms and conditions to stay on a path to citizenship, depending on circumstances.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

God dam illegals, how dare they be people and exist in our lands.

Send them back to where they came from eh?

That being planet Earth. Now theirs a problem worth consideration!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Good fences make better neighbors.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

We are a nation of laws, either prosecute violations of them or abolish them entirely, but enough of this attack the lawful horsecrap.

YES!

And END that institutionalized RACISM called sanctuary cities.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You have not pointed out the argument that certain cultures simply cannot live together, visit Switzerland then Papua New Guinea and tell me culturally they are compatible.

I know people have a unrealistic way of looking at the world as a Utopia where every culture can sit around a fire eating south african peace crisps but the reality is that a lot of the world is fairly uneducated with savage tradition, then you have the devil white man that is greedy and a war monger. I simply cannot see how a majority of the world is compatible.

Also allowing mass migration makes going on Holiday really bloody boring, where I live in London I could be in Lagos Nigeria, or Kingston Jamaica, if I go a few more miles it could be Mumbai or Mogadishu... I now longer have a culture shock when I get off the plane in some far off land as it is just like walking down my local market. Very boring.

RA

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

And social division breeds discontent.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”(from the Lazarus' sonnet)

There is a reason it say such on that Statue of Liberty, its not like you don't have the space to accommodate immigrants. There not all rapist and murderers and ISIS supporters. The majority are simply people who seek a better life. Just a thought.

edit on 20-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No they aren't. Have you ever been to Tx, nm or Arizona?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Flash to our emigration to the US. My parents found good paying jobs, refugee sponsorship by a freight company in Los Angeles, and we were treated quite well.

Exactly!

America is suppose to be the Land of Opportunity.

There ain't a whole lot of that going on these days.

Too many mouths to feed, and not enough soup to go around.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

People are people the only thing that separates us from one another is education, wealth and our religions belief systems which are flawed beyond reason.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join