It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You actually voted for someone? I don't think I ever have. I was too young for Reagan.

My first vote for president was husband and friend dragging me out to vote for Dole in a vain attempt to help unseat Clinton. So I was truly motivated.

I voted in every one since, but not because I was breathlessly excited about the candidate. Although I have voted out of worry about what the other guy would do.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Although I have voted out of worry about what the other guy would do.

See, we have something in common, LOL.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joelombo

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

My god, am I that bad?

I don't have to be drunk to be congenial.

hmmpf

Don;t give me that, you are voting Trump. It's obvious

As usual I'm voting AGAINST someone, not FOR someone (especially after she picked that idiot Kaine for VP.)

I'd really like someone to vote FOR, sometime.

Do you really believe anyone cares what you are voting for? Who are you again, an ABovetopsecret forum moderator?

Calm down, most of us have stated who we are and are not planning to vote on. Quite a few of us have found ourselves voting against the worst options.

To you I apologize but delusions of grandeur grinds my gears and when left unchecked often develops into problematic Internet use.

You made a new throwaway account just to try to jump on me? Awww.

LOL. I assure you, no delusions of grandeur here. Some of us "old soldiers" were having a brief moment of camaraderie.

We're all in this together, and it's time we remember that, IMO.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

First time I voted was 1984. Then I went to college and had a whole lotta years of ... well ... not being that interested in "current events" LOL.

The system, as we all know despite our particular political passions, is rigged.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I've voted in every election since '78 (that year wasn't a presidential election) but all the other ones have been a vote AGAINST someone (for the other candidate since I didn't particularly like them), rather than a vote FOR. For instance, last time around I voted for Obama, not because I particularly liked him, but was motivated more by my dislike for Romney.

ETA: Actually, now that I think of it, I voted for Gary Johnson last time around, as I will do this time since I'm not a devout Trump or Hillary supporter.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have to admit - for a long time I didn't think it was possible. Not here - in these United States of America

I am an idiot. But I'm not alone! Just not in good company

Now that I see just how possible it is with enough time (less time with the internet) a little dedication to a few easily swallowed memes - and a population that wants to believe instead of think...I am beside myself and eating some serious humble pie. Big time

I fell for the whole American protective coating thing :-)

I read this yesterday:

Being Honest About Trump

Those who think that the underlying institutions of American government are immunized against it fail to understand history. In every historical situation where a leader of Trump’s kind comes to power, normal safeguards collapse. Ours are older and therefore stronger? Watching the rapid collapse of the Republican Party is not an encouraging rehearsal. Donald Trump has a chance to seize power.

It's a good read - but it's not like the Trumpettes are going to read it, so...it's for those of you that are already feeling like hell
edit on 7/23/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

As usual I'm voting AGAINST someone, not FOR someone (especially after she picked that idiot Kaine for VP.)

The last time I actually voted FOR someone was Reagan. Since then no one has motivated me. My mom says the last time she actually voted FOR someone was JFK in '60.

I wasn't paying attention from 1992 through 2000 so I voted for the (R) [and convinced my wife to vote (R) too]
Then after 911 I started paying more attention and voted against Kerry in 2004 for multiple reasons.
Then in 2008 I told myself I was voting for Palin because McCain might have health issues. (if it had been McCain vs. Clinton I would have voted Libertarian.)
In 2012 I voted against Obama.
This year I can tell myself I'm voting for Trump insomuch as I think he could improve the economy and slim the federal government down. I have no illusions about his constitutional scholarship.
edit on 23-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

My biggest concern about Donald Trump is that he's not a politician.

He has not "worked his way up" the political ladder. Indeed, he is probably not that "beholden" to anyone.

This means, to me, that he would get into office and basically believe he could do all these things (and more) that he's said he would.

I like to believe that the actual "power of the President" is actually fairly limited, as it should be, by the Constitution.

I really dont' want to see that actuall put to the test, however, by the loosest cannon in known history.

What the world sees in Mrs. Clinton is a known quantity. She's a politician. She is enmeshed and enmired in the political machine. This means that, in the final analysis, she is basically powerless. She's not going to cause any great, fundamental changes in society any more than Mr. Obama did. Probably less. She's not going to pose any great "unknown" threat to our enemies in the world, our allies, or our business partners. As as far as all the "but what about ________" to me, she's a professional poliitican. Of course she's "corrupt" ... of course she's "lied, cheated, etc." to get where she is.

Trump though ... I've never seen anything to suggest to me that he's that much of a thinker. He's a reactor, a maker, he's Zeus casting thunderbolts from on high to sustain and establish his every whim. He's thin-skinned, overactive, vindictive and mercurial.

That is the fundamental reason I'm voting against Donald Trump ...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Do you really believe anyone cares what you are voting for? Who are you again, an ABovetopsecret forum moderator?

Calm down, most of us have stated who we are and are not planning to vote on. Quite a few of us have found ourselves voting against the worst options.

To you I apologize but delusions of grandeur grinds my gears and when left unchecked often develops into problematic Internet use.

LOL. I assure you, no delusions of grandeur here. Some of us "old soldiers" were having a brief moment of camaraderie.

Well you've certainly become conciliatory since a trump presidency became inevitable.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Well you've certainly become conciliatory since a trump presidency became inevitable.

Let's look at your "logic" here for just a moment ... first of all, Trump is trailing in the polls, he's been trailing in the polls, he hasn't done a single thing to bring anyone else into his voting base that wasn't already there, and he's totally alienated almost everyone else. Second, review the realities of the Electoral College. Third, why in Hades would you think I have any need to be "conciliatory"? Am I running for office here? Is there anything I've ever said or done that makes you think I'm in a popularity contest.

Nope, sorry, you fail on every point. Besides that, keep in mind, I am not the topic.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"What the world sees in Mrs. Clinton is a known quantity. She's a politician. She is enmeshed and enmired in the political machine."

I really do not know what world you live in, but in mine... What the world sees in Mrs. Clinton is that she is a known criminal who used her position as Secretary of State to solicit donations to the Clinton foundation in return for favorable actions from the State Department.

What the world is laughing at is Americans.... trying to elect someone to be in charge of the U.S. classified information program who has already been found to be "extremely careless" in the handling of that exact same classified information.

Whats her first act as President? Is she going to amend the EO on classified information to say that all classified information isn't really classified unless some individual has place a silly little stamp on it?

Hillary is more of the same ole same ole.... she is not YOUR choice.... she was the choice of the DNC long before the first vote was ever cast by the public and they did everything in their power to make sure that you believe that she is YOUR choice when the reality is, she is the choice of the DNC and people who vote for her are just drinking more of the same kool-aid.

Trump represents something unique... someone who is not tied to the system.

He actually has the chance to to what Obama (whom I voted for twice) could not.... bring real hope and change to America in a positive way.

edit on R162016-07-23T11:16:21-05:00k167Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

See known criminals usually have a conviction or two under their belts.
That's in the world I live in.
In yours innuendo is enough. Oh yeah and all those codes you listed during the prolonged popcorn orgy.
Remember that?

When is she going to be indicted ?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Gryphon66

"What the world sees in Mrs. Clinton is a known quantity. She's a politician. She is enmeshed and enmired in the political machine."

I really do not know what world you live in, but in mine... What the world sees in Mrs. Clinton is that she is a known criminal who used her position as Secretary of State to solicit donations to the Clinton foundation in return for favorable actions from the State Department.

What the world is laughing at is Americans.... trying to elect someone to be in charge of the U.S. classified information program who has already been found to be "extremely careless" in the handling of that exact same classified information.

Whats her first act as President? Is she going to amend the EO on classified information to say that all classified information isn't really classified unless some individual has place a silly little stamp on it?

Hillary is more of the same ole same ole.... she is not YOUR choice.... she was the choice of the DNC long before the first vote was ever cast by the public and they did everything in their power to make sure that you believe that she is YOUR choice when the reality is, she is the choice of the DNC and people who vote for her are just drinking more of the same kool-aid.

Trump represents something unique... someone who is not tied to the system.

He actually has the chance to to what Obama (whom I voted for twice) could not.... bring real hope and change to America in a positive way.

You just agreed though.

The point, I think was, that for some the status quo is less scary than change. I don;t agree with that but I understand it. It is valid for someone to be happier with the lies and corruption in the hope that it doesn't actually affect daily life that much than to risk a complete shake up of the way the system works. In the latter scenario there are always winners and losers.

My own view is that the status quo has become far more dangerous than it has been in a long time and it's now to take the risk and reward that Trump is offering.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I won't be getting on here next week during the democratic national convention.
I won't let you guys ruin it for me.
So starting Monday ill be on vacation from ATS.
But not before then.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm familiar with your partisan concerns. I don't care to play the usual "Tempest in the Teapot" with you.

You're a Trump Tru-Believer™ ... nothing you've said is new or surprising.

Here's a better question for you why do you care about my choice? Did you think your diatribe is going to change my mind?

Vote your conscience.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In yours innuendo is enough. Oh yeah and all those codes you listed during the prolonged popcorn orgy.
Remember that?

Look up the meaning of criminal and please point out where it says there must be a conviction..

Do you know the difference between a criminal and a convicted criminal? I do and so do most other people.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Remember that?

Your argument is that if you don't get caught you are not a criminal, right?

edit on 23/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Let's look at your "logic" here for just a moment ... first of all, Trump is trailing in the polls, he's been trailing in the polls, he hasn't done a single thing to bring anyone else into his voting base that wasn't already there, and he's totally alienated almost everyone else. Second, review the realities of the Electoral College. Third, why in Hades would you think I have any need to be "conciliatory"? Am I running for office here? Is there anything I've ever said or done that makes you think I'm in a popularity contest.

Nope, sorry, you fail on every point. Besides that, keep in mind, I am not the topic.

-2 nationally before the cycle begins. Reviewed not applicable. You've assured Clinton victory on numerous occasions preserved on this very website same entity in which you serve for free im sure the loss of credibility would be injurious for someone who derives such utility from being an esteemed member. I am not the topic but if I were failure wouldn't be used in retort.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah ,yeah.
Run away .We don't need life events from a Prog view.
Nothing will happen from the right of course,but the DOGS you people sleep with might bite.

link   

I'm familiar with your partisan concerns. I don't care to play the usual "Tempest in the Teapot" with you.

You're a Trump Tru-Believer™ ... nothing you've said is new or surprising.

Here's a better question for you why do you care about my choice? Did you think your diatribe is going to change my mind?

Vote your conscience.

I am a life long democrat who will be voting republican this for the first time ever..

My conscious will not allow me to vote for someone I know has broken numerous federal laws. Period.

Hillary Clinton has forced me to vote republican... no one else is responsible.

edit on R302016-07-23T11:30:24-05:00k307Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join