It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

LOL

It all translates to 100% negative for Hillary.

What'dya figure, another 28 billion votes or more for DJT?

Yeah ... you have a proven track record.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Teikiatsu

"Somewhat" positive, would that also be "somewhat" negative? I.e. conflicted, bemused, apathetic, etc.

Yeah, I'm the "desperate" one here.

Then your issue should be with CNN and file a complaint with them for their breakdown wording instead of flogging the messengers. Let's go with your inane argument then. A "very postive" shows a majority of 58%. Or are you going to bitch about that too? Yes, you are desperate.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think this poll is important - but we need to understand more.
As I said , I would suggest that the audience is mainly Republicans given that it would be mainly republicans watching the convention...

The size of the mix of Republicans is crucial because it can flip the meaning of the result on it's head.
e.g. if it were all Republicans then 75% is not great, if it was a representative mix c33% repub, 38% dem, 29% independent then Trump probably had a the night of his life last night and Hillary is in trouble.

i would also like to see sample size and margin of error.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

"Somewhat" positive, would that also be "somewhat" negative? I.e. conflicted, bemused, apathetic, etc.

Then your issue should be with CNN and file a complaint with them for their breakdown wording instead of flogging the messengers. Let's go with your inane argument then. A "very positive" shows a majority of 58%. Or are you going to bitch about that too? Yes, you are desperate.

Not going to complain at all. Who was watching CNN? How many participated in the poll?

Weren't you ALSO telling us the other day that polls don't mean anything? Now they do for you too?

link   

Thanks for the answer UnBreakable.

You're very welcome.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Well, given your post here, you certainly sound desperate.

I'm desperate because I asked for facts? I'm desperate because I take things as they are stated, not as you (or Breitbart, or a UK copy-cat) want them to be?

Fine. 75% of those watching the Trump speech kinda-sorta liked it in a CNN "instant" poll.

How many samples was that? How many people?

You want to compare that to the Gallup polls for Obama? LOL. Okay, do it. Compare the two polls.

Also ... before you waste our time ... weren't you explaining to me just the other day that polls don't' mean anything?

Suddenly, now, they do?

Yeah ... I'm the "desperate" one here.

You are entering new variables into the discussion which I salute you for - as I think they are important. Probably better to have done hat earlier because anyone reading this thread will see you as desperate. To use a Trumpism... Believe me.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

LOL ... you're a legend in your own mind, kind of like your hero, Mr. Trump.

As long as folks look at the facts and make their own minds up, I don't care what they think about my posts.

The facts are the only things that are important.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Is the CNN an online poll that can be "flooded"?

Just curious. Fired up Trump supporters targeting CNN.

It happens.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well, given your post here, you certainly sound desperate.

I'm desperate because I asked for facts? I'm desperate because I take things as they are stated, not as you (or Breitbart, or a UK copy-cat) want them to be?

Fine. 75% of those watching the Trump speech kinda-sorta liked it in a CNN "instant" poll.

How many samples was that? How many people?

You want to compare that to the Gallup polls for Obama? LOL. Okay, do it. Compare the two polls.

Also ... before you waste our time ... weren't you explaining to me just the other day that polls don't' mean anything?

Suddenly, now, they do?

Yeah ... I'm the "desperate" one here.

You are entering new variables into the discussion which I salute you for - as I think they are important. Probably better to have done hat earlier because anyone reading this thread will see you as desperate. To use a Trumpism... Believe me.

Yes, but the Trump poll doesn't breakdown results for the question "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood"?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It happens.

I wasn't going to point out the likelihood that the majority of respondents logically SHOULD HAVE BEEN Trump supporters interested in his speech in a CNN "instant poll." But who knows?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So, UnBreakable ... on the record.

Are opinion polls valid measures or not?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It happens.

It's possible. Just like in '12 when Fox polls were "flooded" with Ron Paul supporters, whereas Fox trashed the results.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

As I said , I would suggest that the audience is mainly Republicans given that it would be mainly republicans watching the convention...

The size of the mix of Republicans is crucial because it can flip the meaning of the result on it's head.
e.g. if it were all Republicans then 75% is not great, if it was a representative mix c33% repub, 38% dem, 29% independent then Trump probably had a the night of his life last night and Hillary is in trouble.

Yep, that's the data you'd need to determine the validity of an opinion poll ... IF opinion polls are meaningful.

Now, on the record UK for all of your fans ... Are political opinion polls meaningful or not?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

LOL

It all translates to 100% negative for Hillary.

What'dya figure, another 28 billion votes or more for DJT?

Yeah ... you have a proven track record.

We have watched the Dems screw this Country for 8 years.

Before that, the idiot Bush started most of the messes we are in.

So a billionaire, a guy who can't be bought, who knows the system.

Are you so partisan you can't see the truth about Hillary ?

Why wouldn't you want an outsider. Why not Trump.

All of our politicians suck really bad, you know this.

So Gryffie, try to think outside the political litter box.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Wow, glad you got all that off your chest! Woo.

Are you actually interested in why I made the decision to vote Democratic again and against Trump?

Or you just want to spew? (Indeed I do know that ALL politicians, even the supposedly untouchable ones, are corrupt, not by money, or special interests ... but by POWER. Are you going to suggest to me that Donald J. is not motivated by THAT?)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

It happens.

It's possible. Just like in '12 when Fox polls were "flooded" with Ron Paul supporters, whereas Fox trashed the results.

I don't need to hear about Ron Paul.

Just curious if it was an online poll - - or a professional poll.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It happens.

I wasn't going to point out the likelihood that the majority of respondents logically SHOULD HAVE BEEN Trump supporters interested in his speech in a CNN "instant poll." But who knows?

Just curious.

For fun ---- I've participated in flooding a poll for an online contestant voting type thingy.

Some accept as many votes as you can do. Some make you wait a period of time, but no limit on votes. Some only let you vote once.

There are also computer programs you can use to flood voting sites.

The things we learn when having fun

edit on 22-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yep, that's the data you'd need to determine the validity of an opinion poll ... IF opinion polls are meaningful.

Now, on the record UK for all of your fans ... Are political opinion polls meaningful or not?

I am quite sure I don't have fans outside my family and friends and they are not on here

To your question, I would need to know the sample size and specific questions and collection method to answer fully. This poll ONLY gives insight into how people felt immediately after hearing the speech at that time, but depending on the sample size, it could give meaningful insight.
The meaning itself is actually unknown until we know sample mix.
Several other factors will be at play including the fact that the reaction of others in people's networks may sway opinion (which is why media plays a very crucial role and they know it).
This poll does not have any meaning at all in terms of who will win the election.

That is as honestly as I can answer your question.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

CNN's words, not mine. Take it up with them.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

So, UnBreakable ... on the record.

Are opinion polls valid measures or not?

Well, as UK pointed out, it depends on the sampling of the polls eg. was it just Rs or a mix of Rs, Ds, and Is. Like next week polls will be done after Hillary's acceptance speech which will most likely see high %s, especially on CNN poll. But I'd say, at this point, no, they're not valid measures. More valid as we get closer to Nov. That being said, Brexit polls showed the opposite of what actually happened. So, who knows?

new topics

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join