It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The two parties feign this division so that they can bring us the worst legislation possible and help themselves and their cronies reap the most profit from it. Believe it.

I'm not gonna go to the Conspiracy angle on this.

It's not so much a conspiracy as it is a joint political strategy they can all profit from by cooperating while pretending to not cooperate.

ETA: And by not being willing to go there, you are missing the truth the evidence points to.

If they were all based in secular thinking - - - I'd have faith

Secular thinking doesn't make a person immune to being as corrupt as the religious.

Religion, like all values, is exploited in U.S. politics -- by the secular and the religious. It's just another 'thing' to pretend divides us.

Democrats benefit greatly from the religious right. That cannot be assumed to be a happy, accidental consequence.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-
People say Hillary will out-debate Trump when the time comes. But do people forget that Trump vanquished a dozen+ good debaters in the GOP? Some of those candidates in the GOP were the "Chosen ones" - Especially Jeb Bush and Rubio. The way Trump debates by using smoke screens and getting down in the mud, is rough on debaters who aren't used to that style of attacks. A lot of debaters aren't comfortable getting off script, which is exactly what Trump is a master of. Hillary is absolutely AWFUL when shes off script. I can see her folding when Trump starts his usual barrage of attacks.

This wont be the friendly Bernie vs Hillary debates coming up. Shes gonna have to throw blows and get down and dirty and honestly, I don't think shes capable of it. Hillary is better suited for a civil debate where she doesn't have to get off script. This will be FAR from civil.

So Trump doesn't necessarily have to out-debate her as much as he has to muddy the waters like hes great at doing. In the end, I think doing what got him here will be enough.

And know whats funny? People say well, Hillary is going to throw around things Trump refuses to discuss. Well, there are a lot of things ole Hillary refuses to discuss as well.

This wont be your typical debate folks. You wont hear much "policy". Its going to be who character assassinates the best.

I can see Trump attacking everything she says until she finally lets out a blood curdling scream, lunges after him and starts choking him, LOL!

That would be a really good debate! (Just kidding!)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Bring on the cage match!!!

Hillary shrieks and a cage falls down and Trump doesn't even react till Hillary's halfway to his podium, clutching claws extended.

Man would work for a comic concept...

Sorry slightly OT...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UnBreakable

What's the source for this again?

Was it 73% or 75% or 78%?

Someone's confused.

No you are.

75% positive
73% right direction

Read the links.
I think desperation is coming from you n this.
Your countrymen have spoken.

Okay. Where's the screenshot for 75% positive?

The only desperation here is a bit of Photoshop at best ... apparently.

www.independent.co.uk...

That's nothing, again, but a rehash of the claims of the Breitbart article. Almost to the word.

Where is the screenshot proving the claim that 75% thought that the address was positive?

We have a "screenshot" claiming 73% ... to a different question (uncited of course).

Are you guys really this desperate?

Gryph-

Add very positive (57% ) to somewhat positive (18%) and you get 75%. Very positive and somewhat positive result in a "positive" poll of 75%.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Now you're back to "the big lie."

I quoted from the speech and quoted from Trump's documented comments. Easy to see above.

Now, where's the screenshot for the 75% claim?

58% very positive
17% somewhat postive

screenshot and linked twice

58+17=75

Keep going.

Ha! I see you finally broke it down. I've been trying to keep with the thread by reading where I left off but finally got frustrated with the back and forth with the "positive" poll stats I had to say something.

Looks like I should have read one more page, LOL.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks Texasgirl. I appreciate your kindness, as I sense that was the motivation for your post.

I understood the contention of UK, Unbreakable, Teik and the rest ... from the first. However, the comparison was made to the reception of Obama's 2008 speech at Gallup. (Source) This poll was conducted nationally over the course of 24 hours or so.

This "flash poll" conducted by CNN was poorly constructed ... as I pointed out. For example, do you think "somewhat positive" equates to "good" or more to "fair"? Is "somewhat positive" the same as "somewhat negative"?

How are we to know? Not to mention, I was also making a side-argument about claims made that "polls mean nothing."

So, I wasn't necessarily being dull-witted or stubborn. Well, maybe stubborn.

Anyway, thanks for your kindness.

edit on 22-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

I don't have to be drunk to be congenial.

hmmpf

Don;t give me that, you are voting Trump. It's obvious

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

As usual I'm voting AGAINST someone, not FOR someone (especially after she picked that idiot Kaine for VP.)

I'd really like someone to vote FOR, sometime.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ok, I see you now. Trying to read 20+ pages I must've misread the posts.

I agree that polls don't mean anything, especially from a side that's right leaning or left leaning.

Good God, we've got 4 months of mudslinging, accusations and crazy debates to get through.

I need a drink.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Good God, we've got 4 months of mudslinging, accusations and crazy debates to get through.

I need a drink.

Good idea

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I need a drink.

I'm saving the good liquor for election night after I cast my ballot for Trump. I may call in sick for work the next day.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I'm doing it right now to you as I type. It's really not that big of a deal and people need to stop taking things so freaking serious. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't prevent you from having a quality life. Turn the other cheek.

Serious question, Have you ever EVER in your adult life, be completely honest now, EVER made a face behind someone's back, stuck out your tongue, rolled your eyes?
It's the same concept. It all just immaturity, that is all what he did, what I do, what everyone has done at least one time.

He didn't do it BECAUSE the guy had a disability, he did it because like all people, he has a bit of immaturity. It just happens that the guy had a disability.

If another adult rolled their eyes at you would you be mad enough to burn them at the stake? I doubt it.
People need to seriously step back and look at situations differently. Is it really THAT big of a deal, should I seriously be this upset, and be on the same level as this person by slandering their name whether it is good or bad already?

Why so serious?

The moment we start treating people differently just because they are different, is the moment we allow segregation and inequality.

And I did check myself, and I'm still totally fine with it.

Dude.

edit on 7-23-2016 by Squirlli because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

As usual I'm voting AGAINST someone, not FOR someone (especially after she picked that idiot Kaine for VP.)

Do you really believe anyone cares what you are voting for? Who are you again, an ABovetopsecret forum moderator?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joelombo

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Do you really believe anyone cares what you are voting for? Who are you again, an ABovetopsecret forum moderator?

Calm down, most of us have stated who we are and are not planning to vote on. Quite a few of us have found ourselves voting against the worst options.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

He has as much of a voice on this thread as anyone else. And he has been gracious, too.

I may not agree with his stance on Trump but I certainly respect his opinion.
edit on 23-7-2016 by texasgirl because: forgot a word

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Calm down, most of us have stated who we are and are not planning to vote on. Quite a few of us have found ourselves voting against the worst options.

To you I apologize but delusions of grandeur grinds my gears and when left unchecked often develops into problematic Internet use.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

That is a quote by James Madison adopted for modern times, no?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Well, what do you know.. James Madison and I think alike

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

Well, what do you know.. James Madison and I think alike

That was actually an indictment of political concessions while contrasting the results of the founders with our current leadership
edit on 23-7-2016 by Joelombo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

My god, am I that bad?

hmmpf

The last time I actually voted FOR someone was Reagan. Since then no one has motivated me. My mom says the last time she actually voted FOR someone was JFK in '60.

new topics

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join