It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich Says We Should ‘Test Every Person’ Of Muslim Descent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich recently turned Donald Trump's VP position down, citing "Do you really want a two-pirate ticket?". Well, it looks like he intends to make good on his self projected image of "ARGGGG", in what looks to me like a planned tag team effort to turn up the heat under that hate and fear stew that been simmering on the proverbial stove.

SOURCE

Newt Gingrich Says We Should ‘Test Every Person’ Of Muslim Descent

Muslim decent? What does that even mean? Fear wrapped in ignorance is always a big seller!

“We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported. Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization.”

So, America needs a religious test for residency now? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that American Muslims in favor of Sharia law want it for the purpose of self governing within their own community, much the same way Jewish courts govern those willing to submit and native American courts as well. At any rate, calling for the deportation of someone because of their religious beliefs, not their actions, is incompatible with American values.

“But we need to be fairly relentless about defining who our enemies are,” he said. “Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail.

Slippery slope. It seems to me that if Newt had his way, some of the posters whose opinions I've read here on ATS, suggesting that the "military industrial complex" and unfettered capitalism being imposed on middle eastern and African countries is responsible for the aggression and terrorism, could be jailed or worse!

This kind of grandstanding to promote fear, ignorance and discrimination is the last thing we need, but seems to be the fuel empowering the leading GOP talking points. It looks like we're going to have more race baiting, religious intolerance and violence on the menu, at least for the next few months.

Sigh........

edit on 15-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

“But we need to be fairly relentless about defining who our enemies are,” he said. “Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail.

I agree 100%.
It's the only way we can prevent these attacks from happening.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Newt is an all around disgusting human being. After this I should probably add senile to that description.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So if a journalist goes on to such a website for research they should be arrested? Or what if someone accidentally stumbles upon such a site?

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I agree 100%.
It's the only way we can prevent these attacks from happening.

It's illogical and irrational to implement such extreme measures to what is NOT — contrary to MSM spin — an extremely widespread problem.

edit on 15/7/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

link   
Sure why NOT ?

Works for gun owners.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Newt is an all around disgusting human being. After this I should probably add senile to that description.

Couldn't have said it better.

edit on 15-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

O K, Newt.
And after that, we can test everyone who believes in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Dead men getting up and walking around is not compatible with logical thought.
edit on 15-7-2016 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They should be taken in custody for interrogation. Or at least monitored.

And, how do you accidentally stumble upon those kind of sites?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Seriously? We should take journalists into custody, and "monitor them?"

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Dead men getting up and walking around is not compatible with logical thought.

LMAO. This made my day.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Even for those who usually lean on the conservative side of politics: if you support such extreme measures like the one suggested by Gingrich, you have lost your sense of reason...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

You bring them in for interrogation, and if investigators think everything is okay, then they are out. And this applies to everyone, not just journalists.

Better safe than sorry
edit on 515k2016Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't think the Sharia quiz would even be effective, not to mention the ethical issues. He is right about one thing, our stance on terrorism is actually a joke and we need to take mosques more seriously. We need a law, retroactive, that says any religious organization that fosters speech or actions that promote violence lose their tax exemption status. Then, everyone who breaks that rules gets tossed in jail for tax evasion. I've mentioned this before, and all I get are blank stares. I mean, not even an argument or anything! Why not take these threats down like we did Capone? We could stop him either, and he was basically a terrorist. The problem is that we have an administration, even an entire political ideology that seems to be embraced by at least one political party, that really has no interest in solving this problem. I'm no genius. If I can think of a plan that's more effective than anything they've done over the last 8 years in 5 minutes, what does that say about them? This is why Trump is popular.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They should be taken in custody for interrogation. Or at least monitored.

And, how do you accidentally stumble upon those kind of sites?

What if you want to look on those sites to see if what we are told they say is really true? Out of interest, should you go to jail for educating yourself on a matter?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Once you start violating rights of one group, then it becomes easier the next time you violate another groups rights.

This is reacting out of fear.

This isn't leadership.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Right Wing fascism is starting to become more and more popular. We need to be careful or we risk starting the persecution of people based on religion.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Remind me again who is pushing universal background checks and tougher restrictions on firearms ?

That LEFT WING FASCISM.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Right Wing fascism is starting to become more and more popular. We need to be careful or we risk starting the persecution of people based on religion.

Like how the liberal left has been persecuting Christians?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Please don't waste my time. The topic is not firearms and background checks are not comparable to the persectution of people by religion.

Go play the victim somewhere else.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: introvert

Like how the liberal left has been persecuting Christians?

No. Christians are not being persecuted in this country. 3/4's of the country identifies as Christian.

Please spare me the absurd drama.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join