It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's top court has approved blanket surveillance of the country's Muslims

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I wont call you crazy

No doubt in my mind that obviously they have support. From my own standpoint.-..it appears that our liberal ways may have put a gag on our mouths and tied our hands behind our backs. But that's concerning the west.

As far as Islamic countries...I can find no other explanation except that obviously their ideology is not all that far off from "main stream" Islam...or at least they have things in common.

Review this link and tell me what you think about the reasoning.

Al-Azhar

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I know you didn't intend to make this point, but you
basically said the only muslims that are relatable
are those that don't follow their religion 'religiously'
and adopt western attitudes. I think you have an internal narrative
conflict.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Hecate666

Now apply that same argument to America and guns... I suspect that the integrity of the position will not bear the weight of having it applied universally.

Sorry, I have to say I don't understand what you are saying [literally, whilst I consider myself quite good at English, I am a bit uncertain here].
Do you mean it's good or bad to generalise?

So I will answer both sides.

I personally think that the background checks in themselves aren't necessarily a bad thing. It will stop certain individuals from doing what they could have done easily before [paedo teachers, mentally unstable gun owners, terrorists].
I also KNOW that this isn't a perfect solution at all and I actually hate generalising, for the reason that good people who wouldn't be a danger are still treated as if guilty.

Also often those with no previous bad history can suddenly turn nasty and wouldn't be found out. So in some ways general checks CAN be useless.

There is no 100% correct way. Doomed if we do and doomed if we don't.

In case with guns, I think they can be obtained anyway if someone really wants to. So background checks are not really that effective.

In the case with teachers, well we had a double murder by a school worker who had no previous history but I think in general it would be useful to do checks as it would at least deter those who do have a history.

In the case with muslims. Well any muslim, westernised or not could at any point turn out to be a radical. So checking if they have links to terrorist or extreme views can save many innocent lives and so I think with the current climate it would be a good idea.

Each case is different.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

I agree, most of the Muslims I've met of the years of being in a Muslim marriage and studying the issues around Islam really are not knowing of their own religion and are often following Hadiths etc that mere confuse them. I've also found the devotion to Allah often ignores any so called rules of the book etc and people simply do things that they believe shows their devotion.

To be honest its incredibly easy to be confused under Islam, one part says to kill ANYONE is wrong and akin to killing one of your own family yet another part says you can do anything under the condition of Religious war and then again other sources say that they are always under religious war so killing is allowed. Its the same with the idea of spreading Islam, parts say you must not force it and you are to show others and let them make a choice while other sources say your duty is to convert or kill the Kuffar.

What it leaves is an inability to show a fair amount of trust towards Islam as depending on the beliefs and the numerous so called sources you will have anything from a peaceful ordinary person to a person consumes by devotion to the point they will kill to prove it, all because the Book has been adapted to suit and man made extra's further radicalise the religion.

I personally see the full spectrum when I pick up my mother in law from the Mosque, the peaceful to the ultra radical and because of this mix I don't blame Mosques etc being on the watch lists.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: NthOther

I'm not equating anything.

They are the next evolution of Monotheism with their own book based out of the Arbrahamic tradition.

That's it.

SMH

But they're not monotheists at all. It'd be far more accurate to lump the JWs or Adventists in with the Muslims.

But you picked Mormons, which doesn't make much sense.

Unless you're just picking on them for whatever reason you think they should be picked on.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: rollanotherone

And the only people who follow the ugly parts of the Quran are the Salfist extremists. I find the mental gymnastics involved in these conversations to be simply fascinating.

Oh and to be clear... In no way am I apologizing for Islam nor terrorism. Simply pointing out the obvious - that holding entire populations responsible for the behavior of the few is asinine and irrational.

Hell, by your post should I assume that you want to demonize all Christians because WBC exists? Same exact concept, just applied on somebody other than the "other". Of course I don't expect anyone posting here to see the irony or connection because biases need fed and nuance is such a drag.

Those small percent are the ones who end up heading up mosques as religious leaders, become the political leaders through bloodshed in their lands. What small percent of the western world ends up as the ruling class? They are ivy leaguers all educated from the same places, no different. The small percent rule the masses everywhere, in Islam it is the radicals who make their masses cower in fear and rule over them either behind mosques or in the case of Iran the ruling ayatollahs, Saudi Arabia the Kingship, Isis the Caliphate. Islam is not just a religion, it is a political ruling system with a military directive. There is no such thing as moderate Islam, that is just the dormant front when they are suppressed in their own lands or the passive body that has temporarily escaped to other lands. When they establish themselves elsewhere the Mullahs move in among them and it only takes a few radicals to whip them back in line through fear.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If there were terror attacks in Japan then that would be news worthy. As is its just more mass media muslim terror propaganda.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: Swills

First they came for the Muslims and I did nothing...

Funny you should bring that up. Islam parallels nazism in many ways.

Like for instance their hatred of Jews. Did you know that a greater portion of the koran and sunna are anti- jew when compared to Mein Kampf. This is not a friendly ideology to outsiders.

Did you know the Mufti of Palestine met with Hitler and the Bosnian Muslims were his auxiliary army? Not many people know that.

I don't remember the Bosnia muslims but I do recall Hitler and the mufti.

Here's a pic for the record.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

'I witnessed Jihadi John behead Japanese hostage'

I'm just curious, how many Japanese civillians need to be killed before you consider
any response acceptable and not "mass media muslim terror propaganda"
I don't watch or listen to any Japanese media and I haven't seen any
Japanese people exposing me to this news, how would that play
into a mass media narrative?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Well stated!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you belong to any hate group ( KKK, BLM, Islam, etc.) you should be heavily monitored and if not already a citizen you should be denied entrance.

Before you say Islam is not a hate group, let me remind you that they have their own set of segregationist and "Jim Crow" style laws for non-Muslims.

Not to mention their outright hatred and malevolent feelings toward Jews.

True, but they do love the gay population... oh wait... Islam is oil, everyone else is water... People can continue to try to mix the two solutions together, but ultimately, the two will never work...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

There's good muslims and bad muslims (black and white) end of story.

You forgot to add:

- the 'not-so-bad' muslims
- the 'not-so-good' muslims
- the 'to-hell-with-the-koran-I'm-eating-bacon-anyways' muslims
- the 'I-don't-want-to-stone-people' muslims
- the 'mind-my-own-business' muslims
- the 'I-can't-relate-to-other-muslims' muslims
- the 'born-in-the-usa-fifth-generation-african-american' muslims
- the 'I-live-in-Indonesia-and-haven't-bombed-anyone' muslims
- the 'does-my-ass-look-fat-in-these-jeans' muslims
- the 'I-don't-pray-five-times-a-day' muslims

and last but not least:

- the 'damn-this-McDonalds-burger-is-friggin-awesome' muslims

What ?!

Moderate muslims who don't take their religion too... religiously ?!

Impossible !

Shades of grey.
End of story.

What you described is not Islam. Those are the paradoxes of weaving Sunni Islam with westernization. So what could be wrong with that you ask right? Well, everything according to orthodox Muslims. They're hypocrites as per the tenets of the Quran. Those people don't represent Islam. I know you're probably rolling your eyes at this point but I want you to hear me out. You won't find one single Muslim say the Quran is wrong in some parts. They will say it is 100% correct and perfect in every way. This causes a massive dichotomy. If a "bacon eating " Muslim says the Quran is 100% correct, this is a problem for other Muslims. Naturally, most don't pop their head off the pillow in the morning and say they're going to kill someone but they also can't say that those tenets which instruct others to kill are wrong. That would be like saying Allah was wrong which is blasphemous. Instead they say it was misinterpreted. But it's abundantly clear what the instructions are.

You also just described a tiny percentage. So small, it's almost negligible. You definitely won't find bacon eating Muslims anywhere in the world other than the US and even then I have my doubts. You also only described the "good" Muslims, those weren't shades of grey. Those are the non-threatening Muslims. The "grey" is the high divergence among scholars and Imams.

All these point you bring up:

-bacon eating
-vanity
-haven't killed anyone
-born in America
- can't relate
-don't pray 5x

Does not define Islam.

Just because there are people like this, it can not possibly be enough to paint the entire ideology as peaceful. I don't want to be condescending with you but, do you really believe these people are representative of the whole?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm not picking on Mormons.

Please, show me an example of one of the multiple "Gods" that are in the Book of Mormon. There isn't. I own a copy of the Book of Mormon. Mormonism is the largest monotheistic religion offshoot from Christianity in our modern times.

I'm sorry if you are Mormon and feel that having the word "Mormon" next to "Islam" is somehow insulting or denigrating to the organization. That is not, and was not the intent.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DelegateZero88

I'm just curious, how many Japanese civillians need to be killed before you consider
any response acceptable and not "mass media muslim terror propaganda"

Just curious, how many tons of high explosive ordnance need to be dropped on Middle Eastern and African countries before you consider any response acceptable to "Islamist Extremist Terrorist Propagandist"?

Lulz, sit down Chicken Little, me thinks you protest too much.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You answered my question with a question. Poor form.
I live in Africa, as far as i'm aware no African countries or
Japan bombed the middle east (They have pacifism
enshrined in their constitution IIRC)

to "Islamist Extremist Terrorist Propagandist"

I don't know what you're saying. What I do know is that
there is a raging religious war tearing apart the north of
Africa that people that believe in Islam started, do you need
to be reminded of the hundreds of girls that were kidnapped by
Nigerian Islamists then sold as sex slaves and by some accounts,
used as live organ donors to higher up fighters in Boko Haram.
Or the terror attacks and hostages taken that were African?
I don't understand what point you're making.

You think I protest too much? What does that even mean?
Yes, when girls are kidnapped and sold as rape slaves
and Boko Haram declared an all out war on my people
a few months ago, after beheading African hostages I protest alot.
Seriously? What are you trying to say?

edit on 1-7-2016 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think we need to view Islamic Terrorism, which is the bulk of which we are concerned about...as a disease. This disease affects Muslims only (for the most part) and therefore, any Muslim must be presumed to be potentially carrying the disease if not infected by the disease. Those with the disease will plot to kill Americans and those that carry the disease will look away and allow those infected to commit the crime. Those unaffected pose no immediate threat.

Treated like a disease, every Muslim should therefore be required to visit an interviewer who will do tests and determine if they are infected. That, or we can simply disallow untested Muslims from entering our country.

And on a mostly separate note...my political views lean right, though I dislike most politicians. But I'm willing to make a deal with the left if they are interested. You guys keep trying to push gun legislation and things like a "no buy list". I'll throw you a bone. I will stand behind, as I'm sure many other from the right would, a law stating that no Muslim, citizen or otherwise can own, rent, borrow or otherwise possess a firearm of any kind.

If you want to back me up on this...I'll join you.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You're saying a religion that teaches its adherents they can become gods themselves (in fact, that's the whole point of the thing) is monotheistic?

I know this isn't about Mormons, but it just kinda bugs me when I see people's beliefs either deliberately or ignorantly misrepresented.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Unpopular imaginary friends, fear of melanin, and what people do with their genitals.

Making humans crazy since day one.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

It is my 3rd post in this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I wish you were only being facetious with graffiti being equated to terrorism by officials.

I just read a story on College Fix where Skidmore College officials ruled that writing ‘Make America Great Again’ to be racist attacks/hate crimes.

The FBI under Obama has stated "hate crimes" are one of their priorities because "groups that preach hatred and intolerance plant the seeds of terrorism here in our country."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join