It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's top court has approved blanket surveillance of the country's Muslims

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
*sigh*

They're following Hadiths, not strictly the Koran. There's a difference, but it's usually lost on Western people with Islamophobia.

Hadiths are like supplements, reports or stories not in the actual Koran. Some of them are quite twisted and used by radical clerics.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm not equating anything.

They are the next evolution of Monotheism with their own book based out of the Arbrahamic tradition.

That's it.

SMH

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Attempting to show people who see in nothing but black and white that there are actually shades of grey... is an exercise in futility.

I respectfully disagree. It's the opposite of what you say. We're trying to point out the shades of grey while the apologists see it as black and white. There's good muslims and bad muslims (black and white) end of story. There's 1.6b Muslims in 73 different sects supporting various versions of the same political system enabling an enemy which can not be identified (grey)

This needs to be discussed.
edit on 1-7-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You know who sees in black and white?

Machines.

Machines see in 1's and 0's. Something either is or it isn't.

Our culture today is turning us into machines with absolutist thinking. Either you're with us, or against us. You're either evil or a hero. You're either on my team or my enemy.

The world doesn't work like that. Nature, which gave birth and rise to humanity doesn't work like that.

We created machines, and now our machines are beginning to make us into their image. As we pour more and more of our humanity into our machines (Siri, Cortana, Alexa ect) -- we're loosing what it means to be human and think outside of the box and contemplate alternatives.

Someday we might be forced to learn about what it means to be human from a machine...as the machines and humans will have traded places.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Do you know there are 700,000 hadiths? Yes, many have been axed as unauthentic but there's still a few hundred thousand. Who has jurisprudence over them? I could also show you some very bad hadiths which have been accepted as authentic.

BTW, I hate that word "Islamaphobe" It's such a condescending word aimed to belittle anyone with genuine questions or critiques.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

There's good muslims and bad muslims (black and white) end of story.

You forgot to add:

- the 'not-so-bad' muslims
- the 'not-so-good' muslims
- the 'to-hell-with-the-koran-I'm-eating-bacon-anyways' muslims
- the 'I-don't-want-to-stone-people' muslims
- the 'mind-my-own-business' muslims
- the 'I-can't-relate-to-other-muslims' muslims
- the 'born-in-the-usa-fifth-generation-african-american' muslims
- the 'I-live-in-Indonesia-and-haven't-bombed-anyone' muslims
- the 'does-my-ass-look-fat-in-these-jeans' muslims
- the 'I-don't-pray-five-times-a-day' muslims

and last but not least:

- the 'damn-this-McDonalds-burger-is-friggin-awesome' muslims

What ?!

Moderate muslims who don't take their religion too... religiously ?!

Impossible !

Shades of grey.
End of story.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
originally posted by: cuckooold

Do you have any other link that isn't rightwing trash like the highly partisan 'religionofpeace' website?

Each passage links directly to the Quran on that page, if your too lazy to click the passage and read the Quran verses what would be the point in giving you another link.

I'm not Jewish in belief, just by my ancestors

*SNIP*

Who follows religion exactly as it is dictated, and is this even possible? One can find quotes to support anything with religion. One of my Muslim friends drinks alcohol, and eats whatever he likes. Perhaps an apostate, but he doesn't care, I don't care, and perhaps if others stopped caring so much about nonsensical bs we could move beyond the fine tooth combing of what essentially are fairy tales for adults.

So when you said "I'm Jewish and I have Muslim friends who are fully aware of this" in the post I replied to, without this information on what you actually believe and your unMuslim friend, is quite misleading on your part, not mine.

Its your free choice and will to believe anything you like ie: "fairy tales for adults", no taught Christian will force you or treat you bad because of your belief, Islam in its true sense and true followers will either force you to submit, kill you or subjugate you, its how they conquered all the lands they possess. What should be worrying is that Nukes are in the hands that want unbelievers dead/Islam, not Christianity.

ISIS is pure Islam, the leader has a doctorate in Islamic studies and does everything by their book. Think how easy it was for them to slaughter peaceful Christians and take the wives and daughters and keep them as sex slaves or forced to marry, who once inhabited all those lands. When we are taught to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

Do a search and see how Christians are treated in Islamic countries ie: Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia etc. This is still happening today.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
They should be monitoring all of them and go through all mosques here, in Europe, with fine tooth combs and apparently, recently in Germany, even their stores. France and now Germany, huge stashes of weapons found.

Have no sympathy for what most of us perceive as invasion by a very unwelcome culture. And very dangerous to us.

They'd all be reporting regularly, their children normalized, be electronically surveillanced with bracelets, and most of them shouldn't be staying as it is.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is so easy you wonder why you don’t see this in the msm.

It’s another proof to me that there is something false about all this terrorism we’ve had since 911.

All they have to do is watch WAHHABI MUSLIMS

I don’t know why they hide this obvious fact.

ALL TERRORISTS ARE WAHHABIS

Ok...you might be right on that one...but are all Wahhabis terrorists ? They might be in their thinking. But by your own liberal logic...you coudnt touch them, unless you catch them in the very act. Because, you know...you cant be a thought police.

It is liberal ideology and Islamic religion that gives cover and allows these people to roam freely. If anti-islamic element was in power...let's say in Turkey...you can be sure...the majority of them would be rounded up in no time.

I can tell you for certain...that many Wahhabi camps exist in Bosnia and Hercegovina, which is right next door to me...and nobody is touching them. You can only thank your liberal friends for that.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
originally posted by: Hefficide

And the only people who follow the ugly parts of the Quran are the Salfist extremists. I find the mental gymnastics involved in these conversations to be simply fascinating.

Christians in Egypt who make up approx 10% and 90% Islamic, continually have their houses church's burnt down, they are not allowed to build new church's under Islamic law. Is this Salfist extremists you speak of, or is this just not ugly enough for you.

While authority watched the muslim mobs do it, here`s just one for instance...
80 Christian houses burnt down

www.opendoorsusa.org...

Pakistan Christians are treated like scum, cannot hold a job which is above a Muslim, they are referred to as sweepers..

en.wikipedia.org...

Do a search on their persection by Muslims, are these Salfist as well?

I could go on and on but..

Oh and to be clear... In no way am I apologizing for Islam nor terrorism. Simply pointing out the obvious - that holding entire populations responsible for the behavior of the few is asinine and irrational.

Umm if your unaware then yes it could be seen irrational.

When Islamic history shows how they slaughtered subjugated raped and stole land from the beginning based on the teachings and actions of Mohamad and by you only rattling on like its a tiny few who do follow the book to the letter, while disregarding all those who are suffering under Islamic rule, while up to 1000 Christian girls are held to satisfy Muslims as their sex slaves just like Mohamad commanded they can, yet your own country denies those seeking refuse main Christians that you fail to even mention and play your not a Muslim apologist, what else is there for anyone to see.

People are beginning to wake up, but not quick enough, your constitution doesn`t apply to Islam and is in danger of being ripped up, free speech is almost gone, when you cannot tell the truth about Mohamad or Islamic history which is regarded as hate speech.

Now you know I like you Heff but we are so opposed on this its not funny, because this is a serious subject.

Hell, by your post should I assume that you want to demonize all Christians because WBC exists? Same exact concept, just applied on somebody other than the "other". Of course I don't expect anyone posting here to see the irony or connection because biases need fed and nuance is such a drag.

I know this post wasn`t directed at me though I wanted to post, It is NOT the exact same concept, WBC do not have 10,000,000 followers by YOUR count of those who follow the Quran to an extreme, which IS Islams teaching, WBC do NOT follow Christs words example or teachings, how many are there of them 1 family that provokes people so they can sue? yeah fantastic comparison there heff/not. But that is used to demonize all of Christianity.

Understanding yet?
edit on 1-7-2016 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

cool list

To be honest...any muslim that takes offense by a cartoon, or takes offense if their prophet is mentioned in a bad light..or his image shown...is in my book taking it too religiously (seriously). And I would even go that far to call them extreme for it.

As far as I'm aware...majority of all muslims world wide...take offense in these issues. Though many will maybe officially condemn any terrorist act, the majority will silently understand the reasonings behind it, and thusly...silently support it.

And what is support ? Well...silence is support. How are we to interpret it otherwise when these terrorists Islamists often hide among the "moderate" muslims...it would go against the Islamic ideology to expose any other Muslim to infidels. No matter how extreme...they always have at least some support from the moderates. If nothing else..then silent support.

Moderates may not agree with the extremist, but will they side with us if they have to choose ?

It is beyond my comprehension...how can these terrorists exist, live freely in many Islamic countries...if nobody supports them ? If everybody is against what they do ? how is that possible ?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Call me crazy, but I think these terrorists cells exist and continue to exist right in front of our faces because our corrupt governments and their alphabet agency lapdogs are allowing them to be.

Playing both sides of the chess board for profit... and all that.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There are people on here that don't want a certain group to be checked, because "not all of them" are guilty.

Fair enough statement, but the same people agree to have [male] teachers go through background checks, because of "the children" [can't take any chances with children right?] and because a couple of them turned out to be unsavoury.
I personally have had to have an official background check done, when I worked with mentally disabled people. But I am not a paedo or a crook. Yet I did understand why I had to go through this.

So we have a group here that murders innocent people in the name of islam and in the most horrendous ways, yet you lot get your knickers in a twist when someone is doing the logical thing and keeps an eye on the lot. Tch.

Are adults not worthy of being protected or are muslims somehow better than male teachers?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Japanese culture is unique, a fundamental cornerstone being that of discipline. After WWII Japanese recovery into a global technological powerhouse was nothing short of miraculous which was largely due to this tenet.

With discipline, as any military personnel or professional athlete will attest, comes an adherence to a very particular philosophy where anything else is simply not tolerated.

In the instances where I have travelled Japan, I have encountered nothing but politeness and a social etiquette encouraging an environment of safety.

Japan is exercising its right as it perceives so, to maintain the essence of its society and from my encounters, it's very vibrant and exciting for its citizens as it currently is.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Call me crazy, but I think these terrorists cells exist and continue to exist right in front of our faces because our corrupt governments and their alphabet agency lapdogs are allowing them to be.

Playing both sides of the chess board for profit... and all that.

far too obvious therefor not believable, you and i and our welfare are the number 1 priority of government bureaucracy
edit on 1-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Heil authoritarianism! Let's praise big government whIle at the same time complaining it's too big!

This is the equivalent of surveilling all white male gun owners because the majority of mass shootings are done by them. I bet if that's what was happening the same people praising this decision would be crying about it.

Such is the case with double-think though. "1984" is just around the corner and I feel like this is one of the main steps toward such a system being implemented.

Why are you making a white male analogy when it's Japan doing this?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Now apply that same argument to America and guns... I suspect that the integrity of the position will not bear the weight of having it applied universally.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Re the OP and so many replies: Jesus wept.

What a horrible outcome for humanity.

SNIP

Shameful.

Shameful propaganda and ignorant responses based on fear, intolerance and a lack of understanding.

SMH.

edit on 7/1/2016 by Blaine91555 because: snipped needless off topic comment

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So, all you supporters of this alleged practice, let's talk logistics.

How do we implement this in the U.S?

Get everyone to register their religion or lack thereof in a national database?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah and if these "cells" are stirring stuff up, they target them and go in and try to get them to.

a reply to: Hefficide
Yeah, that's what I was getting at too but there are some trigger words I try to avoid around here these days.

a reply to: aorAki
Fear is a powerful thing. The propaganda did its job well with some.

edit on 7/1/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join