It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sympathy For Those Scared By The Brexit Result

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

My previous post referenced the foundation documents upon which my nations entire statutory and legislative edifice is constructed.

That they happen to be old doess not change the fact that they contain more wisdom than the collected musings of today's political figures, or their relevance to modern legislation, statutes, and conduct of government.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Lol

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looking at the large British firms subsidised to relocate into europe, Brussels was never a friend of Britain, even though Britain nearly bled to death twice, and was bankrupted twice in two wars, good riddance.

Some of the British firms who re-located into europe with grants from brussels= ford vans, cadburys, dyson, jaguar/range rover, one car company even re-locating to turkey!!!with a grant from brussels.

British airports are owned by a spanish company, a big electricity distribution company is owned by the french, Britain is still part of the fourth reich, run by the woman fuhrer, angle meercat.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion, too Imagine all the people Living life in peace....

John Lennon

I can write a lot of things, world peace.. Doesnt mean it works..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I see there is already an e-petition with over 100'000 registered to hold a second referendum. Can't really fault the wording of it either (or the intent) as this would have been triggered whoever won the vote last night, based on turn out and the winning margin.

I agree with this petition because it has such huge ramifications for the nation. I would also agree with a further referendum even if i get the result i want next time if the parameters are not met!

The petition is called "EU Referendum rules triggering a 2nd referendum".

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Living in the US (TN) and knowing nothing about British politics, this is very interesting to me.

I have read about half the post and can see both sides of the story.

Can I get specifics as to why the UK wanted to leave the EU? Were you treated unfairly? Did you have ideas that the EU would never tolerate?

Sorry I don't mean to derail this thread but is this sort of like Texas wanting to secede from the United States?

Before you answer the Texas questions...please know that this is a very conservative state that is trying to (successfully)outlaw abortion clinics. Very conservative, christian viewpoints. This state's politicians have very similar viewpoints to my state (TN). I am pretty sure that talks about seceding are directly linked to having our first black president. I don't live in Texas, but if I did, I would be terrified if it left the United States. I would have to move.
edit on 24-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Have you even read the documents I referred to?

It seems to me that you fail to grasp their importance, which is a trait most seen in those who have not seen their contents.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Living in the US (TN) and knowing nothing about British politics, this is very interesting to me.

I have read about half the post and can see both sides of the story.

Can I get specifics as to why the UK wanted to leave the EU? Were you treated unfairly?

There's a wide variety of reasons that will depend on each voter's perception but you'll probably get a good summary of their arguments here:

leave.eu...

I don't think they were treated unfairly. Actually they were usually treated as an important member who could ask for exemptions from the global EU policies.

It's more that they wanted to regain sovereignty.
edit on 24-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow, I wonder how everyone survived before the EU?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The modern term of bill of rights seems to do miracles.. Im not an idealist..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

War?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well then, it's a jolly good thing for us, that it was not your place to vote in this matter! Freedom requires certain ideals being held up, regardless of the difficulties involved. Luckily my fellow citizens have shown that there are enough of us who understand that, to make a positive difference to our country.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

But isn't that why Texas wanted to secede? To gain sovereignty? And make their own rules?

I know other countries have more than just 2 major political parties so I am probably looking pretty ignorant right now.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I respect your opinions, and i love to read your posts. You are truly someone i would love to meet in real life and have a pint with. My comment was not aimed at you but the 90% of posters around here who are cheering for Brexit so they can get their imaginary borders back and build a wall around so they can stop the so called "genocide" on the white man. I think you would vote for something in between the two if you had a choice , please correct me if i am wrong. I get an impression that plenty of people, like yourself, who voted out are would prefer other options than just the two choices you were given, either you're with us or against us. Majority who woted for out are probably the lowest segments in your society in terms of income, education and social status, again, correct me if I'm wrong. Just an impression i have.

edit on 24-6-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You made a difference, if its positive? I think that is an opinion based on your belief and ideals...

You see most countries when they have a belief system of idealsmeaning the majority of the ME countries a few Asian countries.

Socrates wrote the handbook,

The constitutions of States are five."

"We count as one Royal and Aristocratical..."

followed by

"Timocratical,
Oligarchical,
Democratical,
Tyrannical."

Your at the last stage, if you dont have a tyrant, well, you have anarchy..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Wow, I wonder how everyone survived before the EU?

Yeah ? The world is a totally different place today than it was 30-40 years ago, smaller and more globalized . China was just a huge village on the world map back then, everyone laughed at their products and India was just a former UK colony. But things have changed since then. Good luck competing against India, Russia, China, USA and the rest of the Europe. But it's easy to be a loudmouth when you are a citizen of probably the gratest superpower in the history of mankind.
edit on 24-6-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

But isn't that why Texas wanted to secede? To gain sovereignty? And make their own rules?

Yes?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

So, I guess if you are for or against the UK leaving the EU sort of depends on your political beliefs?

(im so trying to fit this into when Texas wanted to secede from the US)

edit on 24-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
We know a number of people scared by the Brexit outcome. They've been convinced that they will have to leave the country as a result. For people set on bringing up their children here it's a devastating blow. I personally think a lot of scaremongering went on, but I'm not in that position so I wouldn't know.

Can I ask that we all show sympathy for those who feel their entire future is at stake following the Brexit vote.

No bother, but can I ask just who you think are those who feel threatened, and would you think that there are any of those who are 'core British' families by descent?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
As an American, I'm of course biased toward the parent culture that we are direct descendant of, but even if i weren't and was in the UK, I'd like to think I'm a good enough student of history and peoples to realize that I'd much rather bet my future on the the British people and their founding legal documents that truebrit mentions so eloquently, than the whatever it is that the EU seems to want to be.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join