It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sympathy For Those Scared By The Brexit Result

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I do not believe that I will stop. I believe that what I will do, is make damned sure that a little idealism remains at the centre of everything that I do, and everything I would like to do for my country.

People allowing their cynicism to override their beliefs is not a good start for such a bright, fresh and promising new day as this one.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Narrow point of view much?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Any sympathy for those on holiday at the moment? I see people in Greece can't change their Sterling into Euro's at the moment - although temporary you know things aren't great when Greece won't accept your cash!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Better to live on your feet than die on your knees.

link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: Spacespider

Norway is not doing fine, why are you lying?

Norway’s resource-rich economy has become stronger over the past two decades. Oil prices have plunged, but the country’s huge rainy day fund from past revenues means it is well equipped to weather the storm.

Norway's unemployment rate is among the lowest in the advanced world

Unemployment is well below the EU average, while Norway’s social safety net is broad.

The country is near the top of the OECD’s rankings on work-life balance, education and equality.

link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: In4ormant

Narrow point of view much?

It's the reality of today. I tend to stay grounded in the actual condition of the moment. When is this war coming you spoke of?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So working together? 64 millions?

This is what Brits think it will be;

To bad the real world doesnt look like that

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

I can only say congratulations with leaving the EU money trap
I hope Denmark follow this fine example

Your country would bankrupt if they left the EU. Your top export destination is Germany followed by another member of the EU Sweden. now imagine if Denmark left EU, Germans would tax the fck out of you. Your econmy would be massacred and the welfare system you guys have would go up in smoke. How would you compete against the rest of the world EU,China,Russia, India etc ?
Seriously have you all be drinking the Donald Trump's kool aid ? Let's isolate ourselves and build huge walls! Seriously? That's the only argument i keep reading.

I guess you don´t know anything about economics in Denmark.

Umm Denmark would do just fine, all the whole world wants our products. look at Norway our neighbors doing better then ever, and they are NOT part of EU. Oh and Gernamy will never try and "tax" us for anything.. what interest would they have in loosing a trade partner, EU is just a imaginary cloud.. it means NOTHING for us.

EU is just taking money from countries that do well, as Denmark.. and channels it to a blackhole that will never heal.

We had problems with EU from start to no end. They limit the powers of our country and they limit our growth.
That and EU is run by a small elite circles witch interests lies only in making the rich richer and the poor silent lambs.

Let's try to remain factual here. Your opinion is interesting but it's still nothing but an opinion.

euobserver.com...

Germany and Denmark would have lost the most: over two percent of their per capita GDP in 2012 would have been scrapped if there was no EU single market. This would have led to personal income losses of €720 per year in Denmark and €680 in Germany.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Now you look at what the Norwegian People are actually doing in the real world

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

That is not what anyone I know is thinking of.

And you were worried about ME being a fantasist? Good grief!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

Your country would bankrupt if they left the EU. Your top export destination is Germany followed by another member of the EU Sweden. now imagine if Denmark left EU, Germans would tax the fck out of you. Your econmy would be massacred and the welfare system you guys have would go up in smoke. How would you compete against the rest of the world EU,China,Russia, India etc ?
Seriously have you all be drinking the Donald Trump's kool aid ? Let's isolate ourselves and build huge walls! Seriously? That's the only argument i keep reading.

Umm Denmark would do just fine, all the whole world wants our products. look at Norway our neighbors doing better then ever, and they are NOT part of EU. Oh and Gernamy will never try and "tax" us for anything.. what interest would they have in loosing a trade partner, EU is just a imaginary cloud.. it means NOTHING for us.

EU is just taking money from countries that do well, as Denmark.. and channels it to a blackhole that will never heal.

We had problems with EU from start to no end. They limit the powers of our country and they limit our growth.
That and EU is run by a small elite circles witch interests lies only in making the rich richer and the poor silent lambs.

Let's try to remain factual here. Your opinion is interesting but it's still nothing but an opinion.

euobserver.com...

Germany and Denmark would have lost the most: over two percent of their per capita GDP in 2012 would have been scrapped if there was no EU single market. This would have led to personal income losses of €720 per year in Denmark and €680 in Germany.

From your own source:

"The study is based on an own-devised econometric index which quantifies the EU single market's impact on growth"

Own-devised

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

looking at your previous post about history..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

euobserver.com...

Yes that would be true if one was crazy enough to consider there where no other trade deal made at all. But deals would be made and life would go on, perhaps the richer part of the land would not afford that fourth car they wanted, but that is ok.. I can live with three and I would be much happier knowing that EU would not force religious fanatics without jobs and morale into my country.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

euobserver.com...

From your own source:

"The study is based on an own-devised econometric index which quantifies the EU single market's impact on growth"

Own-devised

and? Oh yeah I get it. It must be completely fabricated then and those figures don't mean anything at all. Right?

Whatever. If Denmark think they will be stronger economically by leaving the EU market, I wish them well. I'm not here to convince anyone. I was just sharing information to try to remain as factual as possible.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

None of the Nordic Countries will have a vote about leaving the EU, its wishful thinking from the right wing movement..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think one important lesson of today is that there is actually a big chance that Trump will win.

Governments really underestimate the desire for a return to more nationalism and isolationism caused by the imigration crisis, and people like Farage, Trump, Wilders or Le Pen illustrate that tendency.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Posted in error
edit on 24-6-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

edit on 24-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

"Your country would bankrupt if they left the EU."

Seems factual. Where did you get this fact. I would like to see the source.

And I would like to see where I claimed that.

Looks like you got me confused with someone else.

I have indeed. Thank you for pointing out my error. It shall be redacted

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"Your country would bankrupt if they left the EU."

Seems factual. Where did you get this fact. I would like to see the source.

And I would like to see where I claimed that.

Looks like you got me confused with someone else.

I have indeed. Thank you for pointing out my error. It shall be redacted

No problems
(I will have to stock up on Brewdog's ales before they start this Brexit process)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join