It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sympathy For Those Scared By The Brexit Result

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why should anyone be scared of having their own country back??
You should all be doing jigs in the street celebrating throwing off the shackles of an EU dictatorship that is in the process of destroying the entire continent.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yawn!a reply to: Flavian

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Here are what the NOrdic regions are stating;

The old and the privileged sold out their young and their future.. The elderly people declared;" We dont care about our young cause we fought for what we have and so should they with their blood and Sweet "
IMF state we need to be careful and make it an easy transition, but they are still out of the EU, whatever import or export goes through taxes.. 90% of the Nordic companies located in the UK about 2000 companies will move to another country..
You dont have an Industry to compete with the Asians..

Ive seen many retarded things in my life, but this probably is the dumbest ive seen..

And all ive seen is a document written 800 years ago as an excuse..

But by all means, if the ideologies of the Great country in the west seems like a reasonable idea.. go for it

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What has really pissed me off this past few weeks is the champagne luvvies such as Bob Geldof with his millions sneering and sticking two fingers up at our fishermen on the Thames, hardworking Brits whose lives and communities have been devastated and the likes of Yvette Cooper with her sanctimonious claptrap thinking she and her ilk are talking for the Country and anyone who doesnt agree with her utopia is racust, xenophobic and bigoted (oh the irony!).

Why wanting to leave the EU and protect our borders from potential terrorists is seen as xenophobic and racust I will never know. Meanwhile, the reality is that many in the Asian Community also wanted out for the same reasons as a representative for British Muslims in Birmingham confirmed ladt night and as many ethnic minorities in the North have said to Labour for years but that doesnt fit the rhetoric does it?

When you look at the map of the UK coloured in according to votes, nearly all of England is blue for leave except for London. This is mire to do with the haves and have nots something the likes of Geldof and Cooper will never understand in their bigoted ivory towers and their London set lives.

I was so proud to be British this morning the fact that all the disillusioned people in this country had held their nerve and voted. See the FTSE and the pound dont really mean much to a vast majority in this country they are more concerned about getting to the nearest food bank or homeless centre for the night because there is no work as there communities have been savaged over the years as more and more miney has bern ploughed into London. Time for some to wakeup. This vote was a massive warning sign that if MPs dont start listening and the elite and politically correct dont start observing the only thing left will be to revolt!a reply to: Flavian

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

originally posted by: veracity
Living in the US (TN) and knowing nothing about British politics, this is very interesting to me.

I have read about half the post and can see both sides of the story.

Can I get specifics as to why the UK wanted to leave the EU? Were you treated unfairly?

There's a wide variety of reasons that will depend on each voter's perception but you'll probably get a good summary of their arguments here:

leave.eu...

I don't think they were treated unfairly. Actually they were usually treated as an important member who could ask for exemptions from the global EU policies.

It's more that they wanted to regain sovereignty.

Thank you for this link. It's sorta like "Understanding for Dummies", and outlined the reasons 1-2-3.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The Geldof stunt really failed.

Did you see how Brendan Cox took his little children under the bows of the working boats? It looked like he was trying to create a moment of drama.

. . . mobilising people around a specific moment of drama . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't got time to look thoroughly but it seems perhaps all footage of the dangerous boatmanship of Brendan Cox has gone from YouTube. Another little oddity, since the Cox mob were claiming their precious children had been sprayed with river water by the nasty Brexiters at that moment of dangerous manoeuvring by Brendan.

He put his children in danger one day, and his wife was allegedly killed the following day. All feeding into the Bill and Melinda Gates funded idea of building a campaign around a moment of drama.

But first and foremost in this thread I'm saying we should show sympathy for those who are truly scared of the consequences. Some I personally know are good people working hard who happen to have been be born elsewhere in the world.

edit on 24 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 24 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Specifically it's personal details. I'll go as far as Mexican and one hell of a nice guy in a very challenging professional environment in which he has excelled to the benefit of the community. There are others.

I expect most other angles have been covered here. I'm asking we support those who feel very rattled by this result.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Here are what the NOrdic regions are stating;

The old and the privileged sold out their young and their future.. The elderly people declared;" We dont care about our young cause we fought for what we have and so should they with their blood and Sweet "

Yhat's pretty much it, the young have been sold down the swanee. We've heard it on the news...,"We don't want any more immigrants" from the older folk, why would they say that? it's not a jobs issue really, what it is, is that older people are scared/probably have been politically drilled into being scared of the immigrants regardless of where they hail from.
What next? Who will be the next prime minister...Boris Johnson, who has talked about Bongo bongo land, and Johnny foreigner in the past, with Michael Gove is at the forefront believe it or not, while across the pond there is the likelyhood of another chump in charge...Jesus!

All because the older folk are scared, even though many will have gone in not too many years, they have # on the young ones.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh I agree Ive got many friends from Poland and they are lovely and hardworking and no one should be worried. The Leave side had alreafy said no ine would be asked to leave who was already here and vice versa British people in Europe should be allowed to stay. I think there woukd be real anger if anyone started going back on that promise by telling people to leave, its more about getting control of our borders with regards to potential terrorists and criminals and being able to deport illegals etc. That way we can make room for people we need rom Europe and the rest of the world who have the skills we need.

I would tell your friends not to worry I dont think peoples anger is directed at them really its directed more at the people who hate us and our way of life but seem to still want to come here lets be blunt!a reply to: Kester

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Many ypung people voted out too!a reply to: smurfy

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: tikbalang

I want to live in a nation whose government is sworn to serve only our Queen and our people, and has no other allegiance or loyalties of any kind. I want to live in a country where the law my people have agreed upon between them, is the only law in the land, has no override, nor for any external power to be exerted upon the agencies of that law, of justice. I want to live in a country where the people living in it are the only power, the only voice heard, the only motivating force in the nation, the only masters of its government and owners of its fate, as our ancestors intended, as shown by the documents I refer to above.

Wow that was beautiful, my friend. Almost made me shed a tear

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Many ypung people voted out too!a reply to: smurfy

According to polling data from YouGov, 75% of 18- to 24-year-olds voted to remain in the EU.

When I referred to young, I was thinking to at least tens years older than the above, so you could add them in too.

I'm not 'young' I am 69 nigh 70.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: Kester
We know a number of people scared by the Brexit outcome. They've been convinced that they will have to leave the country as a result. For people set on bringing up their children here it's a devastating blow. I personally think a lot of scaremongering went on, but I'm not in that position so I wouldn't know.

Can I ask that we all show sympathy for those who feel their entire future is at stake following the Brexit vote.

I have children. I think this is a tragedy in the making. I'm certainly worried for my children's future. I have already got the ball rolling this morning on emmigrating - Australia or the US are looking particularly attractive.

To be honest, i have never been more ashamed to be British. We crash our economy, turn our backs on our neighbours - but at least we get to keep a few people with towels on their heads out of the country.................

Don't come to the US! Keep your trash somewhere else

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: grainofsand

Just out of interest, any idea how this will affect farming? The reason i ask is that many hill farmers are only able to survive thanks to EU subsidies......
'

UK is eagerly looking towards the Nordic and asked;" If we leave, you coming right? " and the Nordic said, ;" No "
And UK said ;" But you still our trading partner, right? " and the Nordic said ;" Well, we are but you know our taxes might force a bit of a strain on you "

Hahaha.

We don't give a # what the Nordics do or do not.

We voted for autonomy over autocracy.
Cry me a river.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All this "The old sold us out" stuff is really getting on my nerves.
The young should have got themselves down to the polling stations, shouldn't they? And if they were too young to vote, well, lots of us were too young to vote in 1975, so they can just lump it.

Older people did vote to leave, they also worked their butts off for the previous decades putting roofs over the heads of the young, feeding and clothing them, paying their education and healthcare through taxes and NOW THEY SAY WE AREN'T ENTITLED TO VOTE OUR CONSCIENCE?

Pure bunk. With age and experience, comes wisdom. Let them get out and work, serve in wars from the Falklands to Afghanistan and then see how they feel after managing to buy a house and raise a family. Then they can talk.
edit on 25pFri, 24 Jun 2016 16:49:25 -050020162016-06-24T16:49:25-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

All because the older folk are scared, even though many will have gone in not too many years, they have # on the young ones.

Those " old " people voted for The U.K. to remain in The E.U back in 1975. In fact in those days it was The E.E.C. ( European Economic Union )

Over those 41 years they have seen The E.E.C. change into a monster. Can you blame them for voting * Out " ?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Those " old " people voted for The U.K. to remain in The E.U back in 1975. In fact in those days it was The E.E.C. ( European Economic Union )

Over those 41 years they have seen The E.E.C. change into a monster. Can you blame them for voting * Out " ?

I voted in back then, I see no reason to vote out now, that does not mean the EU was/is perfect, but it was/is a much better scenario than before 1972. Your use of hyperbole does not impress.
In any case, Boris gets to run the country now....

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I voted in back then, I see no reason to vote out now, that does not mean the EU was/is perfect, but it was/is a much better scenario than before 1972. Your use of hyperbole does not impress.

I also voted " In " in 1975.

What i didn't vote for back then was for unelected E.U. Commissioners to bring in laws that effect my way of life.

I don't give a toss if what i say impresses you or not. In a democracy we vote the way we wish.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Instead of bickering I think it will be soon time to accept the decision and start working for a better brighter UK lets pull our socks up and show the rest of the world why we are called GREAT Britain.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I also voted " In " in 1975.

What i didn't vote for back then was for unelected E.U. Commissioners to bring in laws that effect my way of life.

I don't give a toss if what i say impresses you or not. In a democracy we vote the way we wish.

Yes, but you still don't get to make the laws. However In that case, you'll have to wait a while to vote Boris out, he's not interested so much in laws, his agenda could be summarized by some remarks he's made in darker moments,

“it is surely relevant to a conversation about equality that as many as 16 per cent of our species have an IQ below 85 while about two per cent have an IQ above 130.”

That's equality for you...Boris style.
Thing is, Boris doesn't give a feck about equality, he's only interested in the status quo as above, him being a two percenter of course, one of the top cornflakes, while we will be the dust at the bottom of the box...his own analogy BTW. So to use your hperbole, who is the real, 'Monster' ?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join