It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sympathy For Those Scared By The Brexit Result

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Cameron attempted a compromise with the EU and failed so the people voted and now we are free to sculpt our own destiny's.

I was talking about the British people. You are free, but you are now divided.

You will have to work on that IMHO.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: grainofsand

Just out of interest, any idea how this will affect farming? The reason i ask is that many hill farmers are only able to survive thanks to EU subsidies......

It was only UK tax money coming back after we'd paid it in. Lame argument, it's up to us to vote for a government that pays it to the farmers directly instead of the 3rd party EU.
I live in a rural region. We all know it was our own money to start with. Try again.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

We will always have.
People can either moan about the result or get on board and help each other out.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

New thread material there. Unfortunately I'm to busy. Would you have time to start such a thread?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Just out of interest, any idea how this will affect farming? The reason i ask is that many hill farmers are only able to survive thanks to EU subsidies......
'

UK is eagerly looking towards the Nordic and asked;" If we leave, you coming right? " and the Nordic said, ;" No "
And UK said ;" But you still our trading partner, right? " and the Nordic said ;" Well, we are but you know our taxes might force a bit of a strain on you "

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I'd like to see this thoroughly discussed. However the hoover calls me and it's a siren call a cannot resist.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

We will always have.
People can either moan about the result or get on board and help each other out.

I want to see "help each other out" when most of the votes came from a populistic standpoint about leaving..

edit on 2016624 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Oh come on, don't believe the hype. Hill farming was in decline due to globalisation, nothing to do with the EU. EU subsidies actually helped there. This is a shortfall that we will have to make up, on severely reduced tax income.

I understand that you are happy but lets be realistic going forward, not all jingoistic. This is where the serious questions have to start and where we have to start looking for the hard truths. Things aren't going to be magically better now we have voted out, we are in for a world of pain certainly in the short term and almost certainly in the long term too. Sterling is already worth what it was 31 years ago as of this morning - and that negatively impacts everyone here, whatever way you voted and this is only the beginning.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Cool, now you can vote for the people in Westminster to protect the farmers.
Win win.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Cool, now you can vote for the people in Westminster to protect the farmers.
Win win.

And now im gonna leave this conversation, since it came down to magic and fairy- tales..

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Why be so flippant? Do you genuinely not understand the consequences or are you simply trolling?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

New thread material there. Unfortunately I'm to busy. Would you have time to start such a thread?

Maybe, i will have to start a thread sooner or later!

Not today though, far too angry to think properly.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Oh I understand it completely, you were whining that EU grants would be cut...it was UK taxpayer money in the first place.
Your argument is lame and you know it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

As it stands now that is the case, and probably will remain that way.

But...

How is it going to be in, say, ten years, or so? I doubt anyone can really say with any sense of surety.

Changes like this will have, not might have, but will have unforeseen complications. Of that we may be certain.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Changes like this will have, not might have, but will have unforeseen complications. Of that we may be certain.

I knew that when I voted leave.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
oops old

edit on 24-6-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Absolutely not lame, its very pertinant argument - check the facts and figures instead of just parroting Farage. If you want to talk lame, why are Leave now saying that the £350 million a week figure will not be going to the NHS, as earlier claimed?

Do you think that only Britain pays into the farming subsidy? I am beginning to think that attempting to reason with you is a complete and utter waste of time as you appear to have no basis in reality.

Jingoism and patriotism are all very well but they won't get you very far.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I wonder how many are like you, and thought this through, or were more "out at any cost"...?

I wish you all, whether for or against, the best. Always been a fan of England/Great Britain, and want the best for y'all.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

No, your argument is lame as #. All the money 'given' to farmers originates from UK tax payers...it just goes through the EU 3rd party before they get it.
Do you not realise that? Honestly?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Cheers
We've made our choice now so it's a case of moving on with it.
It may be the split of the UK and the EU may fall like a house of cards, but it is democracy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join