It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sympathy For Those Scared By The Brexit Result

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2016 by smurfy because: Double deleted.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Instead of bickering I think it will be soon time to accept the decision and start working for a better brighter UK lets pull our socks up and show the rest of the world why we are called GREAT Britain.

We were called Great Britain by the ancient Romans, Ireland is Little Britain to put it simply.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

It's clear that a lot of fear mongering went into the Remain campaign.

I don't know what's to fear though -- the Brits are in charge of their own destiny now and can shape their future any way they like. They just need to stay strong and not give in to fear mongering!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You are allowed to change your minds.

The E.U. has, in too many ways, become a bloated bureaucracy that is intent upon serving itself, rather than its member states. So I can't really blame you lot for thinking you might be better off on your own.

The same thing, in many ways, may occur here in the States, though I don't think it'll be in my lifetime. There is a growing disconnect--nothing like stating the obvious--between Washington DC and various regions such as the Pacific Northwest where I'm currently living. It's small, at the moment, but there is a growing separatist movement in some regions of this country. I wouldn't surprise me if things come to a head in the next half century, or so.

Especially if this election bears fruit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't know what's to fear though -- the Brits are in charge of their own destiny now and can shape their future any way they like. They just need to stay strong and not give in to fear mongering!

The fear mongering was both sides of the coin, that's even something mainstream media are pretty clear on.
As for the Brits being in charge of their own destiny now, they are clearly not..yet.
Until a house of commons act/declaration, whatever is passed, the referendum means piss all. That could be interesting all according to how an MP expresses themselves, who knows? some might choose to resign..not likely of course.
Another er, smallish thing,
because Cameron has decided to resign, the UK voters will not face a general election, nor will they have any say as to who the next prime minister will be. Okay then, it will be a group of Conservative MPS who will choose their next leader right? ...Wrong. The MP's will choose two candidates, and it will be up to Conservative 'activists' to do the voting, one member, one vote. Yes, it is a recent novel idea, meant for a simple change of leadership...I think,
however there is this referendum problem forbye which has divided the Conservative party itself..so we are told. That will be interesting too re, a house of commons act/declaration.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I also voted " In " in 1975.

What i didn't vote for back then was for unelected E.U. Commissioners to bring in laws that effect my way of life.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, back in 1975, yes you did vote for unelected E.U. Commissioners...except Harold Wilson forgot to mention that, so did Edward Heath...funny that?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sympathy For Those Scared By The Brexit Result

What the hell ?

Yall were in a bad marriage and got a divorce.

Life goes on.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: grainofsand

I hate democracy

If you are an E.U supporter, that's not surprising at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Like Smurfy, i would add that a lot of fear went into the Leave campaign - fear of immigrants and how we would regain control of our borders.

I said all along that we wouldn't, too many international treaties signed (not just EU) and low and behold over the weekend, Tory MEP Daniel Hannan admits that no we won't, even from within the EU.

So that was an outright lie. As was the £350 million for the NHS.

As to the petition for the 2nd referendum, it was lodged by a UKIP supporting Brexiteer before the referendum. And it actually makes perfect sense. The simple fact is that this isn't simply a general election - with that you can vote for change within 5 years if you don't like how things are going. With this referendum we are bound by the result. For something of such huge national implications, you cannot afford to go with such a narrow margin (53-47%). If you do, you risk splitting the country forever, as we are beginning to witness. As such, you need a clear mandate (hence the 60% figure).

And that brings us on to more lies.....from good old Nige. In a press conference a month ago, he called for exactly that (2nd referendum if it was a narrow margin). When asked about it over the weekend, he went apoplectic and said it was an appalling idea - so why the change in a month Nigel? Pure hypocrisy or simply more lies?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Im a supporter of anything that has a peaceful solution.. You think everything is magic?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've alluded to it in the past, but if this is stolen from us then that proves that we aren't in a democracy.

I'll never vote again, but you can be sure to number me amongst those for whom the bomb and the bullet will become our ballot.

And no, I will have no sympathy at all for anyone who gets hurt supporting those who seek to rule us without our consent.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join