It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Christians deal with the Brexit?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eSotericSamIam

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: eSotericSamIam

I could explain lots of things but I can tell you won't listen

Words like condemned, ridiculed, insulted, intolerant, bloody, crusades and stolen indicate you are not interested in a reasoned answe

Let's look at the plus 100, 000000 million lives Stalin, Mao and pol pot costed the world in the name of atheism
No true Scotsman?

Somehow I get the feeling that your explanations would be hilarious.

What about my words indicates that?

You are basically saying that you know that what you are saying is garbage and have no good reply other than to come at me like a typical person who has the chosen ones disease.

I think I have all the info on you that I need.

No I am saying that 100,000000 died because of your religion of atheism and you accuse Christianity as if we are the most evil

One hundred million dead because of Stalin pol pot Mao and atheism, yet you want to moan about the crusades and inquisition, probably tens of thousands dead

Is that garbage, really, maybe you can do a little self education
Atheism is a disease according to your own understanding

Atheism wins by death counts, yay you

All the info is at your fingertips and you still can't find it

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Just to point out Hitler was a christian he started a major speech against the Jews starting because of my christian faith....so should we blame christianity for the Holocaust? If not you cam not blame atheists on the genocide some have done.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Human history was written by the powerful.

For many more years than atheism has ever existed, religions were the power in the world, and they dictated what was, and was not recorded. If you count up all the years and all the deaths, the wars, every time a man screamed "FOR GOD AND COUNTRY!" before taking a life or loosing his own, the numbers involved would be staggering and dwarf any single or collective incident in recent history, committed by anyone.

This game however, is stupid. It matters not what has killed more people over the years. The only thing that matters is how many lives can be saved from this point. We need to stop having the same tired arguments, break down the fences between our various positions, and work together for positive change in the way everything works, from tolerance between national, ethnic, cultural and religious groups, to foreign policy, and the connection between money and the military.

Stop the bloodshed, and stop the meaningless headcount. The game we seem to be about here, has no meaning as long as we waste time on it, rather than saving the lives that are being lived now.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Just to point out Hitler was a christian he started a major speech against the Jews starting because of my christian faith....so should we blame christianity for the Holocaust? If not you cam not blame atheists on the genocide some have done.

No he wasn't. Hitler and the SS were occultists. He used Christianity to get a heavily-Christian German citizenry to support him. Hitler's Christian speeches were only propaganda.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

No he wasn't.

Yeah. He was.

He was probably also an occultist.

He used religion to support him. Just like Ted Cruz did this earlier this year.

Source

Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism (quotes from Mein Kampf)

Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." As a boy, Hitler attended to the Catholic church and experienced the anti-Semitic attitude of his culture. In his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler reveals himself as a fanatical believer in God and country. This text presents selected quotes from the infamous anti-Semite himself.

The Christianity of Hitler revealed in his speeches and proclamations

Hitler's own words reveal his feelings for God, Christianity and faith. Taken from speeches made by Hitler from the 1922 to 1939.

Quotes from Hitler's Henchmen and Nazi Sympathizers

A sample of quotes from Hitler's most powerful Nazis and sympathizers and how they felt about Christianity, Church and God.

Hitler compared to God/Jesus/Christians

Hitler was not only a confessed Christian, but his intolerance and atrocities were consistent with Biblical scripture and he acted as other Christians of the past and present.

Religion is a plague, just like the Bubonic one.....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

o I am saying that 100,000000 died because of your religion of atheism and you accuse Christianity as if we are the most evil

One hundred million dead because of Stalin pol pot Mao and atheism, yet you want to moan about the crusades and inquisition, probably tens of thousands dead

because of Stalin pol pot Mao and atheism

Wait. Wait....WHAT?!!!

Didn't you just say earlier that you realize that those guys were psychopaths?

Yes, you did. And now you're pretending again that because "no religion" they did what they did. Which is poppycock.

You just did just exactly what I thought you'd do......

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And yes buzzy, I do know how stupid it is for me to say all atheists are like those names mentioned, sorta like accusing all christians are crusaders, or accept the crusades

I am surprised you didn't understand that after the amount of times I have used that same analogy in the past

This ^^ you said that.

So, why are you doing it again?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

He just basically said he has been trolling all this time...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Buzz
I just did exactly what I said I was going to do, argue a ludicrous argument with an equal and opposite ludicrous argument

It seems like you are sensitive to the truth

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

And yes buzzy, I do know how stupid it is for me to say all atheists are like those names mentioned, sorta like accusing all christians are crusaders, or accept the crusades

I am surprised you didn't understand that after the amount of times I have used that same analogy in the past

This ^^ you said that.

So, why are you doing it again?

Read slowly so you soak it all in

If I read an argument religion is violent I will use the atheism cost more than 100 million lives argument as a counter

Why you may ask, because atheism has truly cost 100 million lives since the 1900s and all I hear is atheists blame religion
Atheism is more violent than religion, it has killed 100 million plus.
It's not a joke, and ts not funny, 100 million, don't like that figure, I am sorry, it is what it is

Why am I doing it, because it's a fact, over 100 million dead because of atheist governments, violent evil atheist governments
Psychotic atheist regimes that were failures

Easy to read and understand, it's not a troll it's a fact, deal with it

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah?

Funny!!! Because to me it seems like you are positively oblivious to the truth. (And also not a very adept apologist. Relying mostly on ad hominems and red herrings, "no true scotsman" and double-speak).

It's quite Lame (as in: Cirque du So).

But, whatever. More coffee?? Sir?

Don't you need to skedaddle and make sure your kids' indoctrination is topped off before they get on with their busy day?

edit on 6/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Now Hear This real clearly:

I'm not an atheist.

The Bible is mythology.

Jesus is not coming back.

Religion has ruined the lives of untold millions of people based on preposterous lies. Don't be a preposterous liar. Don't ruin lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

By his reasoning we can blame the Holocaust upon Christians.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Why am I doing it, because it's a fact, over 100 million dead because of atheist governments, violent evil atheist governments

Erm....no.

It is a fact that ATHEISM had nothing to do with what those monsters did. RELIGION did not cause it, nor would RELIGION have stopped it.

That's like 4 times now, I've told you. ATHEISM had nothing to do with it. PSYCOPATHY did.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yeah?

Funny!!! Because to me it seems like you are positively oblivious to the truth. (And also not a very adept apologist. Relying mostly on ad hominems and red herrings, "no true scotsman" and double-speak).

It's quite Lame (as in: Cirque du So).

But, whatever. More coffee?? Sir?

Don't you need to skedaddle and make sure your kids' indoctrination is topped off before they get on with their busy day?

I love the no true Scotsman argument
Mao Atheist
Stalin Atheist
PolPot Atheist
But they didn't do it because of atheism
No double speak, atheists and their regimes killed over 100 million but that's ok, religion is worser in your books somehow

If we go by death tolls, maybe end atheism for a healthier world, no?

I love how you hate me attacking atheism and the 100 million plus deaths statements but are happy to tag along with how religion is worst, we call that hypocrisy buzz

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

DUDE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's like saying that since every person in prison who murdered someone ate french fries on at least one occasion, it means that eating french fries causes people to murder other people.

It's ridiculous. It's bloody asinine.

But then again - if 'religion' keeps you from killing 10 million people, then go ahead and believe it. Who am I (except a possible target) to take away your imaginary pal and his crutches? (Frankly, I'm glad something keeps you distracted and rerouted from murdering people.)

It's okay, Ragster. We're done.

You go right ahead. You're right, there's nothing I can do about it concerning you. I can still maybe help your kids, though. It is, after all, the 21st century. That's 2000 years since the story.

edit on 6/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

DUDE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's like saying that since every person in prison who murdered someone ate french fries on at least one occasion, it means that eating french fries causes people to murder other people.

It's ridiculous. It's bloody asinine.

Dudette
Lol
Yes I know, so why is the ludicrous statement about religious violence so acceptable to you, that's truly asinine

Why can't you just accept people are evil and use any system they can to justify themselves

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Erm....no.

It is a fact that ATHEISM had nothing to do with what those monsters did. RELIGION did not cause it, nor would RELIGION have stopped it.

That's like 4 times now, I've told you. ATHEISM had nothing to do with it. PSYCOPATHY did.

Then we disagree, i believe atheism was a key factor or in how those people operated
A key Motivating factor in their actions
edit on 26-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

freethoughtnation.com...

I think the truth that Stalin and Hitler did follow religion at various points in their life is always hidden and very loud people attempt to shout it down.

I agree with Buzzy some folk are just psychopaths and will use any ideology to a means and If they gain absolute power they use what ever ideology to justify it.
I'm not going to blame any religion or lack of religion for genocide but I will blame humanity's failings.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Like I just said.

If you are so evilly inclined and psychotically homicidal that you need a convoluted myth to keep you in check..... if it keeps you calm......then who am I to remove it? Religion is harmful.

That's all there is to it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join