It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Christians deal with the Brexit?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I was brought up hearing, "Everything is moving toward the Biblically prophesied one world government." It did indeed look like things were heading that way unimpeded...until now.

I've read a lot of speculation about how the Brexit could lead to the end of the EU. I believe that would be an impossible thought for most Christians to entertain.

Is the Brexit just a bump in the road toward the 'eventual' "one world government" coming soon or does the Brexit push the the 'eventual' "one world government" into another generation?
edit on 24-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion I'm very interested in this topic, but I don't know what the Brexit is.

I like to think the bible prophecies are several hundred generations away.
There is a bible quote I can't think of exactly right now that makes me think this... something about God waiting till or wanting all to go to Jesus and I'm not even sure of the context that the quote is in.
Sorry if I am way off as to what you are wondering about.

I just noticed there are threads on the Brexit subject... looks like I've got some reading to do.

edit on 24-6-2016 by peppycat because: just realised something

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion I deal by celebrating that there is still time to pray for people to experience the awesome love of Christ.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Seriously? "An impossible thought for Christians to entertain"? What a very odd statement to make and I wonder what basis you have for saying such a thing. No clue what Christians or any other religion have to do with Brexit
Where pray tell in the bible does it state anything about "one world government"? Does it say all Christians must push for a one world Governemnt starting with Europe? I don't think so

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I was brought up hearing, "Everything is moving toward the Biblically prophesied one world government." It did indeed look like things were heading that way unimpeded...until now.

I've read a lot of speculation about how the Brexit could lead to the end of the EU. I believe that would be an impossible thought for most Christians to entertain.

Is the Brexit just a bump in the road toward the 'eventual' "one world government" coming soon or does the Brexit push the the 'eventual' "one world government" into another generation?

Its perfect prophecy if it is part of the prophecy

31“Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance. 32The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. 34While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. 35Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth. 36“This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king.

37Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; 38in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold. 39“After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44“In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

The statue represents the worlds historic kingdoms
The feet of clay and iron represents a final kingdom a system that is not united, is fragile, is mixed and brittle.

Knowing a little is not knowing all
edit on 24-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman So do you feel that the separation of UK from EU is a sign that the last kingdom is upon us?
I was thinking we needed to experience the seven years of peace... sorry its been several years since I've read Revelations because it is so heavy... and I'm not feeling as though I know much at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The fact is that most Europeans & UK residents do not follow religious BS like it would appear the Americans do. Therefore it is a totally none issue.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I was brought up hearing, "Everything is moving toward the Biblically prophesied one world government." It did indeed look like things were heading that way unimpeded...

You need to grasp the difference between expecting something to happen and wanting something to happen.
If the "Biblically prophesied one-world government" is being anticipated as a bad thing, why on earth should Christians object to any development that postpones it?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC269

Their old places of worship do make decent weatherspoon pubs though

As for the OP I don't think it will change anyones minds as we see on ATS with all the failed prophets they will move the goalposts to fit in with the reality of the world today even If it doesn't fit at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I heard that the EU is the beast and Brexit is the wounded head.

One of the heads (UK) of the beast (EU) seemed to have had a fatal wound (Brexit), but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

edit on 24-6-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Raggedyman So do you feel that the separation of UK from EU is a sign that the last kingdom is upon us?
I was thinking we needed to experience the seven years of peace... sorry its been several years since I've read Revelations because it is so heavy... and I'm not feeling as though I know much at all.

Wow, seriously???

I wouldnt even dare comment on where we are in relation the end time prophecy, its a Tom Yum soup out there when it comes to understanding what is written
One thing I do think, we are on the edge of something massive and global

On a scale of 1 to 10 on the imminent return of Christ, 10 being the highest, I would say 9, but who knows
Yes we need a 7 year peace deal signed, the new Temple built in Israel
That could all happen in the first half of a 7 year agreement, that peace deal agreement, covenant whatever will only last 3.5 years though

prophecysigns.com...

Im with you, I'm not feeling as though I know much at all.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I am a Christian, and a Briton. Let me give you my perspective.

There is absolutely nothing about the British Exit from the European Union, or Brexit as it is commonly called, which pertains to, or has any bearing or relationship to my faith, or anyone else's. The British Exit from Europe is nothing more than a decision made by the British public, as to whether or not they want to live under rule from Brussels, which is remote from us and which we cannot force change in realistically, or whether we want our nation run from within its borders, by a government whose only sworn allegiance is to our Queen and our nations people.

I could not be more proud today, to be a British citizen.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I think if I were a Christian I would just concentrate on the words and deeds of Jesus Christ and not worry about the rest of the crap in the Bible. Jesus is the best part of the book and frankly his teachings are all you should need as a Christian.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think if I were a Christian I would just concentrate on the words and deeds of Jesus Christ and not worry about the rest of the crap in the Bible. Jesus is the best part of the book and frankly his teachings are all you should need as a Christian.

I agree whole heartedly but,
It was a question that required an answer, a question about the return of Christ
One of the reasons christians should concentrate on the words and deeds of Jesus Christ is because He is coming back
Kinda hand in hand thing going on

So yes I think you are mostly correct Mr Metal, partialy

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman Thank you, sometimes life gets in the way of the big picture and I can only cope with my own little challenges one day at a time much less try to figure out if the end is near.
I know I should be happy about Christ's return, it's just that I got a lot of praying to do for people I love... and of course my personal relationship with the Lord.
I appreciate you making the seven year peace deal more clear in my mind.
Thanks again for the reply.😊

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am a Christian, and a Briton. Let me give you my perspective.

There is absolutely nothing about the British Exit from the European Union, or Brexit as it is commonly called, which pertains to, or has any bearing or relationship to my faith, or anyone else's. The British Exit from Europe is nothing more than a decision made by the British public, as to whether or not they want to live under rule from Brussels, which is remote from us and which we cannot force change in realistically, or whether we want our nation run from within its borders, by a government whose only sworn allegiance is to our Queen and our nations people.

I could not be more proud today, to be a British citizen.

Well as an Aussie I am very disappointed in this news
No more of the Arthur Daley jibe of UK being the shopkeepers of Europe, no more condescending remarks of Britain just being a state of Europe, no more winding up the our fair skinned pohms they are governed by foreigners, very disappointed indeed.
Best I use what I can for the next couple of years

Oh well, at least we still have the Ashes and the Wallabies to remind you guys your limitations

The world is your lobster

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The bible wasn't written for Christians, only the New Testament, so who do you think wanted a world government? I suspect you can guess.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

My Aussie chum, the Ashes honours aside, its rather easier to take the Micky out of us Brits without all this EU nonsense. Just stick to laughing at the sort of idiot that wears tweeds in summertime, and goes out in the midday sun. These are such fair points that to leave them aside would be erroneous!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Good question. But true Christians are not concerned. However, the religious nutters who bleat OWG and do nothing else will just find something else to be religious about. Pity they couldn't get out on the street and feed some hungry people...but no...the end is coming, they don't have time for that!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join