It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Christians deal with the Brexit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eSotericSamIam

I could explain lots of things but I can tell you won't listen

Words like condemned, ridiculed, insulted, intolerant, bloody, crusades and stolen indicate you are not interested in a reasoned answe

Let's look at the plus 100, 000000 million lives Stalin, Mao and pol pot costed the world in the name of atheism
No true Scotsman?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

There you go again -
projecting onto others and derailing the conversation.

See if you can "explain" without accusing everyone else of being adversarial......
those monsters did not do what they did "in the name of atheism."

Religion had nothing to do with their actions, nor would it have stopped them.

How does any of that have anything to do with the UK's referendum results? Half of the Brits decided to secede. The other half wanted to stay in. Religion has nothing to do with it. Immigration and economics and being ruled from Brussels was the issue. The only 'religious' aspect is that Muslims are seen as dangerous by some people. Others think that Fundie Christianity is dangerous.

Basically this was a political matter: Conservatives vs Liberals. The conservatives prevailed.

edit on 6/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am a lefty, and I prevailed.

It's more complicated than you make out.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm sure it is. I am trying to make sense of it - you all know so much more about the US than I know about England's ongoing stuff! I think it's fine - can you point me to some brainy articles that will help me understand better?

Thanks!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

On this issue, no I cannot.

I did not read any brainy articles from the Internet in order to come to a decision. I used my knowledge of history, the history and foundations of my nation, and the history and foundations of Europe, and came to a conclusion based on those, as well as the current climate, things that have been revealed about the intentions of the EU to create for itself an independent military loyal only to Brussels, and the intentions of the EU regarding an eventual, total unification where all borders not only open, but cease to even exist within it. I merged these items with my knowledge of the human condition, my knowledge that the more power is lodged in any one place, or in any number of individuals, the more dangerous and corrupt they become. I used the entire breadth of my experience of life and living. I also used the fact that our membership was illegal from the start, violating at least our own Bill of Rights and the Magna Carta, documents which form a constitution of sorts for us Brits.

There is no article or small collection thereof which would make someone understand, so I will say this instead.

I feel the same way about this, as Americans feel about the 4th of July, because I value freedom and liberty over comfort, security, or any other concept. They are more necessary than breathing, because without them, breathing has no merit to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The question was how do Christians deal with the brexit, just like everyone else is the answer

As for esoteric, I don't see the point with explaining anything, their minds already made up

And yes buzzy, I do know how stupid it is for me to say all atheists are like those names mentioned, sorta like accusing all christians are crusaders, or accept the crusades

I am surprised you didn't understand that after the amount of times I have used that same analogy in the past

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm surprised you keep using it when it is clearly incorrect, and you know that it's incorrect, and it has nothing to do with Christianity or the Brexit activity.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I am not surprised that atheists keep using crusades and witch hunts when that is clearly incorrect
I am not surprised when atheists chime in with off topic questions or statements in these threads for no apparent reason

Buzz, I will use my analogy every single time I read the argument I hear from esoteric, it will be to show how silly the statement is

In fact I might even make it my signature

You know hitler killed 6 million Jews based on Darwins teachings, funny that

It's not just the religios who are bad, when we can all accept that, then maybe

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It's not just the religios who are bad, when we can all accept that, then maybe

Yep. We can agree on that being the case. Accepting it, though? That's easier said than done for those of us who actually want the world to be better.

How does any of it relate to the Brexit, again? Oh right. It doesn't.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No he didn't.

Darwin did not teach abomination and genocide. He developed an understanding of natural processes, because he loved the natural world enough to study it. The man would have been APPALLED at what Hitler did.

Hitler did what he did because he was an evil man, intolerant and hungry for power, and uncaring as to how he came by it. Darwin has nothing to say about the best way to kill six million people. His understanding of plants and insects, birds, fish and mammals, has saved more lives by indirect means, than Hitler killed by direct ones.

How data is used and who by, is what determines outcome, not where the data came from.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just found this, from The Atlantic daily newsletter:

“What’s happening now is a powerful countervailing force where people are saying, ‘Stop the world, I want to get off it. I want to return to previous certainties.’”

—Mark Leonard, who studies European policy, on Brexit

Here's the article:
Europe’s Counterrevolution Has Begun

On Friday morning, shortly after Britain’s shock vote to leave the European Union, Leonard struck a starkly different tone. For the EU, Britain’s exit, or “Brexit,” risks “reinforcing a cycle of disintegration,” he wrote. “Member states like Poland and Hungary, as well as opposition parties like Marine Le Pen’s Front National [in France], could launch copy-cat moves. … If other crises—a euro [currency] crisis, a Schengen [passport-free movement] crisis, a Trump presidency—get layered on top of Brexit, there is a real danger of collapse.”

How, in just 10 years, did we go from the European Century to European Collapse? Leonard, the London-based director of the European Council on Foreign Relations, is one of the closest and most thoughtful observers of Britain’s complex relationship with Europe. On Friday, after a sleepless night of tracking the knife-edge vote, he spoke with me about what went wrong with the European project, what’s behind Britain’s exit, and what comes next.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Darwin taught humans were just animals, Hitler just applied that logic in death camps
Jews were sub humans and would poison the human race because they were less evolved

Darwin would not have been horrified, Darwin would with a scientific nature accepte the survival of the fittest
"Preservation of favored races" in the title of his book
The Jews were not a favored race
Sorry, it is what it is

Please study the best issue first

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You are simply wrong about the sort of man Darwin was.

Show me a passage of his works which explicitly states that any human being from a specific ethnicity should be terminated to protect the rest from the perspective of the gene pool.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Humans are just animals. Clever animals who have specific abilities that other animals don't have. Other animals likewise have abilities that humans don't have. All animals communicate with others of their kind. Not all use tools or fire.

The ability to use and make tools (while not exclusive to humans; many other species do amazing things with objects) sets us apart. The violence and bloodshed is evidence of humans not being so "special". The "global peace" thing is never going to happen. Unfortunately.

The UK did a brave thing, I think it's probably not going to be long before some of the United States decide to follow suit, to be honest. The EU was an experiment. Just like sailing to the New World was. Some things work out better than others.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You are simply wrong about the sort of man Darwin was.

Show me a passage of his works which explicitly states that any human being from a specific ethnicity should be terminated to protect the rest from the perspective of the gene pool.

Yeah but nah

I said based on Darwinism, the word I used was based, meaning the foundation was Darwinisms teachings of sub species
Read the title of Darwins book

I never mentioned explicit statements and passages by Darwin
Please go study Darwins effects on the third reich first

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And I will say to you that his works were never intended to be used in that fashion, any more than religous zealots were ever meant to kill in the name of Christ.

How the data was used by the Nazis does not make the issuer of that data culpable for what happened to the Jews, nor does it mean anything for his character. It only says of the Nazis that they were misbegotten scum whose intent and behaviour were the issue of the darkest depth of hell.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Buzz, please don't preach at me, I don't believe in your religion

You know that, I am sorry you don't have the capacity to accept others have a different opinion to yours.
I can accept your opinion, you can't accept I have a different one to yours, you are the fundamentalist
Think about it

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The topic of the thread is How do Christians deal with the Brexit.

TrueBrit has addressed the topic. I have also addressed the topic. Although I do not live there, my ancestors did, and I have personal ties there.
I care about the UK. I think they did a great thing, a ballsy thing. I hope it works out very well for them and doesn't get derailed before it has a chance to happen. What matters now is that the media is trying to impose onto readers that "it was a mistake."

The British people have been given a voice, and the majority chose to move out of the EU and have their own place again. Good for them.

@Raggedyman: It is apparently beyond your capacity to address the topic at all, let alone listen to others who are addressing it.

Think about it.

edit on 6/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: how very tiresome. SEE MY SIGNATURE

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

And I will say to you that his works were never intended to be used in that fashion, any more than religous zealots were ever meant to kill in the name of Christ.

How the data was used by the Nazis does not make the issuer of that data culpable for what happened to the Jews, nor does it mean anything for his character. It only says of the Nazis that they were misbegotten scum whose intent and behaviour were the issue of the darkest depth of hell.

Really
It's an interesting analogy though
Darwins book was used to justify treating people as animals

Some justify using the bible to go on a crusade

I think we got to where we were going

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: eSotericSamIam

I could explain lots of things but I can tell you won't listen

Words like condemned, ridiculed, insulted, intolerant, bloody, crusades and stolen indicate you are not interested in a reasoned answe

Let's look at the plus 100, 000000 million lives Stalin, Mao and pol pot costed the world in the name of atheism
No true Scotsman?

Somehow I get the feeling that your explanations would be hilarious.

What about my words indicates that?

You are basically saying that you know that what you are saying is garbage and have no good reply other than to come at me like a typical person who has the chosen ones disease.

I think I have all the info on you that I need.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join