It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Christians deal with the Brexit?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20911168]Raggedyman[/poes
Any argument for war or a 'killing' off of undesirables suffices; why limit it to religious differences; when land grabs or a desire to enslave the people of that area is primary? Russia moved on the Ukraine for the same purpose (Kiev the target).
edit on 26-6-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

No argument, people are for the most part evil, religious or not
I wont deny how religion has devalued peoples lives

The crusades were about controlling the routes of traders from Asia, not just religion.
Land Barons seizing more land, they lied and made it a religious war

I wont defend religion

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Raggedyman

ATHEISM did not cause any of that.

those guys were psychopathic maniacs. "Religion" would not have stopped them from doing what they did. "Lack of religion" also did not cause what they did.

MENTAL ILLNESS caused what they did.

But again, man, if you need to believe in order to refrain from slaughtering others, then that's fine.
By all means. Whatever works.

They were all atheists, they all did kill millions, hundreds of millions

My argument is the same as yours, while you say religion I use the term atheist

Can you not see that?
Can you not see you are biting your own face to spite me

Oh, I think it was just simple greed, no mental illness needed

Argue against this Buzz
www.conservapedia.com...

"Concerning atheism and mass murder, Christian apologist Gregory Koukl wrote that "the assertion is that religion has caused most of the killing and bloodshed in the world. There are people who make accusations and assertions that are empirically false. This is one of them."[1] Koukl details the number of people killed in various events involving theism and compares them to the much higher tens of millions of people killed under atheistic communist regimes, in which militant atheism served as the official doctrine of the state.[1] See also: Atheism and communism

Communist regimes killed 60 million in the 20th century through genocide, according to Le Monde, more than 100 million people[2] according to The Black Book of Communism (Courtois, Stéphane, et al., 1997).[3] and according to Cleon Skousen[4] in his best-selling book The Naked Communist.[5]

It is estimated that in the past 100 years, governments under the banner of atheistic communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives.[6] Dr. R. J. Rummel, professor emeritus of political science at the University of Hawaii, is the scholar who first coined the term democide (death by government). Dr. R. J. Rummel's mid estimate regarding the loss of life due to communism is that communism caused the death of approximately 110,286,000 people between 1917 and 1987.[7]"

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: vethumanbeing
No argument, people are for the most part evil, religious or not
I wont deny how religion has devalued peoples lives
The crusades were about controlling the routes of traders from Asia, not just religion.
Land Barons seizing more land, they lied and made it a religious war
I wont defend religion

I cannot either defend that which is not defensible Raggedyman; as is a fools proposition.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

And they all were males and psychopaths. They all slept and ate food and breathed and drank water and stomped around imagining killing everyone.

They all were insane.

Atheism did not cause their insanity.

Religion does not prevent psychopathy... it causes it in many cases. Bad parenting and early religious indoctrination into lies causes psychopathy. Trauma does, too. (Oh wait. Trauma and early religious indoctrination are the same. Sorry for being repetitive.)

edit on 6/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: tired boss. dog tired

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

And they all were males and psychopaths. They all slept and ate food and breathed and drank water and stomped around imagining killing everyone.

They all were insane.

Atheism did not cause their insanity.

Religion does not prevent psychopathy... it causes it in many cases. Bad parenting and early religious indoctrination into lies causes psychopathy. Trauma does, too. (Oh wait. Trauma and early religious indoctrination are the same. Sorry for being repetitive.)

They were all atheists who considered humans as mere animals with no intrinsic worth

Atheism does not cause psychopathy, but I do see it playing a key role
Bad parenting and early Darwinian indoctrination about the value of human life, being nothing more than cattle, beasts, useless eaters

Biting your own face to spite me, you dont learn

Atheism is as evil as any ideology

Hundred million plus because of atheist communist indoctrination

I know plenty of people who have not suffered from early religious teaching, you build the strawman

One hundred PLUS million dead by atheist communist regimes and you hate religion, please wake up
Sorry for being repetitive

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

RELIGION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR ACTIONS.

Psychopathy did it. Crazed madmen who came into power....

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Religion in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The Communist Party presently formally recognises five religions in China: Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Protestantism, and Catholicism...To some degree the government also controls the institutions of the religions it recognizes.
Chinese Family Panel Studies (CFPS) institute conducted a survey of 25 of the provinces traditionally with a Han majority, with the exception of Hainan and Qinghai, and the exclusion of the autonomous regions of Inner Mongolia, Ningxia, Tibet and Xinjiang, and of Hong Kong and Macau. ... the authors of the survey estimated that only 6.3% were atheists neither believing nor worshipping gods and ancestors.

Some communistic parties may be officially registered or presented as atheistic, but that doesn't mean those who are involved in the genocide are (or those who hold important influential positions within that political party or the country, Roman Catholics are very good at maneuvering themselves in positions of wealth and power, but that also counts for religious leaders of other more popular religions in for example China, they use the same political techniques to get the government on their side while teaching their flocks how wonderful their government and country is, nationalism, patriotism).
edit on 29-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you for participating and helping show that genocidal mania is neither caused nor cured by religion.

Appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you for participating and helping show that genocidal mania is neither caused nor cured by religion.

Appreciate it.
This is a very wise saying, Buzzywings thank you for stating it.😇

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I was brought up hearing, "Everything is moving toward the Biblically prophesied one world government." It did indeed look like things were heading that way unimpeded...until now.

How do Christians deal with the Brexit?

I've read a lot of speculation about how the Brexit could lead to the end of the EU. I believe that would be an impossible thought for most Christians to entertain.

Is the Brexit just a bump in the road toward the 'eventual' "one world government" coming soon or does the Brexit push the the 'eventual' "one world government" into another generation?

In the videos below, I explain that a world government doesn't actually come into fruition until well after Apollyon the anti-Christ rises from the bottomless pit rampaging through the world. But even before his arrival, the Bible makes it very clear that the world will be united, not necessarily under one system, but under four different systems the prophet Daniel refers to as beast kingdoms. One is a leopard, a bear, a lion, and the last is described as a beast with ten horns on it. The little horn, the anti-christ, comes out of the ten horned beast blaspheming God, while boasting, claiming to be God in the flesh. As you are watching these videos, keep in mind this simple observation that is all too overlooked by most Christians:

In Revelation 6, it speaks of the four horsemen that is unleashed at some point on a third of the earths nations. The first horse, the white one, is tasked with conquering those nations. It seems like this isn't done with war, as the bow the horseman carries has no arrow, indicating that it will be done mainly with the stroke of a pen, by legally binding treaties. In the book of Daniel, he describes the seven headed ten horned beast as separate kingdoms that arise out of the earth. In the context of the horseman, this means that at least a third of the earths nations will be under four different supranational governments, and the EU is the closest system we can compare to such a thing occurring. So not all nations will come under the rule of these kingdoms, just a good chunk of them. However, by the time we get to Revelation 13, those same four beasts are instead described as one beast, the seven headed ten horned beast, which, like I said, is well after the Apollyons arrival. By this point, every nation, tongue, tribe will be under rule of the seven headed ten horned beast. And as for Britain, the battle for Independence hasn't even started yet. The process may take another two years, and if it does, then the chances of Britain actually succeeding is a long shot. The longer they draw this out, the harder it will be.

The Antichrist in the book of Daniel:

The four beasts of Daniel rising

The rider on the white horse hard at work:

edit on 30-6-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Don't miss the part between 8:10-12:18 about the phrase and greeting "Heil Hitler!", if you want to save time, that's the part that matters most:

edit on 30-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
“No Part of the World”:

“The world has hated them, because they are no part of the world.”—JOHN 17:14.

What It Means: Being no part of the world, Jesus was neutral in the social and political conflicts of the day. “If my kingdom were part of this world,” he explained, “my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36) He also urged his followers to shun attitudes, speech, and conduct condemned in God’s Word.—Matthew 20:25-27.

How Early Christians Measured Up: According to religion writer Jonathan Dymond, the early Christians “refused to engage in [war]; whatever were the consequences, whether reproach, or imprisonment, or death.” They chose to suffer rather than compromise their neutral stand. Their moral code also set them apart. Christians were told: “Because you do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of you.” (1 Peter 4:4) Historian Will Durant wrote that Christians “were troubling the pleasure-mad pagan world with their piety and their decency.”

Who Fit the Pattern Today? Regarding Christian neutrality, the New Catholic Encyclopedia asserts: “Conscientious objection is morally indefensible.” An article in the Reformierte Presse states that a report by African Rights, a human rights organization, on the 1994 Rwandan genocide established the participation of all churches, “with the exception of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Discussing the Nazi Holocaust, a high-school teacher lamented that “no group or organization of regular citizens spoke out against the mass of lies, cruelty, and eventual atrocities.” After consulting with the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, he wrote: “I now had my answer.” He learned that Jehovah’s Witnesses stood firm in their beliefs in spite of the harsh treatment they received.

edit on 30-6-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In this video I give my take on the Britain vote to leave the European Union. Consider this part 2 of my other video titled 'The Rider on the White Horse hard at work'.

The Brexit vote and global government:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

In the videos below, I explain that a world government doesn't actually come into fruition until well after Apollyon the anti-Christ rises from the bottomless pit rampaging through the world.

oh really?

As you are watching these videos, keep in mind this simple observation that is all too overlooked by most Christians:

You made these? Based on your own beliefs...right? Nicely produced, I guess - but probably just as well that this stuff is "all too overlooked."

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
wow. this party sorta kinda all went to hell.....

it's been fun, folks. Thanks for playing!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join