It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Christians deal with the Brexit?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Raggedyman

My Aussie chum, the Ashes honours aside, its rather easier to take the Micky out of us Brits without all this EU nonsense. Just stick to laughing at the sort of idiot that wears tweeds in summertime, and goes out in the midday sun. These are such fair points that to leave them aside would be erroneous!

Yeah I forgot...warm beer...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

I heard that the EU is the beast and Brexit is the wounded head.

The same could be said of the League of Nations or the United nations...
looks like beast has had many incarnations....meh

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

idiot that wears tweeds in summertime

Thats because the strongest Brit summer is like a mild winter to us Aussies!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I've read a lot of speculation about how the Brexit could lead to the end of the EU. I believe that would be an impossible thought for most Christians to entertain.

Interesting question, but seems to be a nonsequitor to me. It has nothing to do with religion.

What difference does it make to Christians? And why?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

10 being the highest, I would say 9, but who knows

*raises hand*

I know! He's not coming. Not today or next week or in 3 years. He's not coming. It isn't going to happen. I know it isn't.

Having said that, I will apologize if he shows up. Surely he can't blame anyone for having dismissed the idea. Being stood up sucks - but pining away for your love to appear doesn't help. Get on with life.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

10 being the highest, I would say 9, but who knows

*raises hand*

I know! He's not coming. Not today or next week or in 3 years. He's not coming. It isn't going to happen. I know it isn't.

Having said that, I will apologize if he shows up. Surely he can't blame anyone for having dismissed the idea. Being stood up sucks - but pining away for your love to appear doesn't help. Get on with life.

Well thanks buzz appreciate your wise words
I do get on with loving, it's very hard not to, what are my options, should I just get along with dying, really, does that mean anything, at all, seriously, that's your best and wisest, stating get along with living, what
You are welcome not to believe, in fact I am happy to concede my beliefs do appear stupid to people like you

It's funny how you constantly moan and complain about religious people being condescending and, look here you are

What's is it with you, you can't be that self focused can you

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You're quite welcome.

No. I'm not self-focused. Neither am I Jesus-focused.

The Brexit has nothing to do with Christianity or Jesus. Moaning and complaining? I'm not the one expecting Armageddon and the return of Jesus, or thinking that economics and general world politics have anything at all to do with "Revelations" or dogma. At least they should not. But I guess it's time for me to admit that crazy religious types will continue to wreak havoc on the progress that humankind tries to make - because they see the world through stained lenses.

Your option is to focus on day-to-day real life and stop peddling nonsense (and fretting) about Jesus coming back, because he isn't.

edit on 6/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: world politics do not have anything to do with Jesus or the Bible

edit on 6/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No. I'm not self-focused. Neither am I Jesus-focused.

The Brexit has nothing to do with Christianity or Jesus. Moaning and complaining? I'm not the one expecting Armageddon and the return of Jesus, or thinking that economics and general world politics have anything at all to do with "Revelations" or dogma. At least they should not. But I guess it's time for me to admit that crazy religious types will continue to wreak havoc on the progress that humankind tries to make - because they see the world through stained lenses.

Your option is to focus on day-to-day real life and stop peddling nonsense (and fretting) about Jesus coming back, because he isn't.

buzzy, I am going to believe what I want to, I am going to teach my children what i want to and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that, cept moan and complain
Your disgust at me doesn't make me want to find any middle ground, it turns me away from everything you say
You build the wall of division, the wall of anger and hate

We disagree, I can live with that, funny how you can't, like Christian fundys who picket funerals and gay places, you are picketing Christians, stalking them in threads, venting just like a Wesboro fundy nutter
No difference

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Anything that delays war, famine, pestilence, death, fire, brimstone, blood red waters, dead oceans ,and other behaviours no sane person could ever condone in a Deity cant be a bad thing

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Huge difference. Do whatever.
You're wasting a lot of time on energy on fantasizing.

I know you don't want to find any middle ground - just heave insults and do lots of finger-pointing.

Knock yourself out. I feel bad for your kids, though. It's like telling them "Daddy will be here soon" - when he won't.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

My time my energy
You don't dictate my choices
We disagree, stop trying to preach your religion at me
Learn to accept others have a different opinion, like it or not.
I hate fundamentalism in all their chosen disguises

When you can learn to accept others, faults and all, then you will know what true love is, I can't see it here, now

So the topic, are christians suddenly lost because of the brevity, is our faith falling apart because the one world government I'd collapsing, no, definetly not
I expect it to go down like this
Next a man will arise to patch up the problems
The rise of satan, it's perfect in relation to prophecy

Cheers
edit on 24-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You been listening to too many preachers for hire repeating what others preachers for hire preach. Not everything is biblical that they preach especially when it comes to eschatology (future things).

But read the Bible it does say the middle eastern world ( if not the whole world) will be divided into ten kingdoms but those ten kings who rule them give their power to one man the AC. Essentially a one world order.

and remember just because it isn't happening right now does nto mean it wont be in the future. The Body of Christ will not be here when it happens so true Christians wont have to deal with it or interpret it because they will be gone.
edit on 24-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I was brought up hearing, "Everything is moving toward the Biblically prophesied one world government." It did indeed look like things were heading that way unimpeded...until now.

I've read a lot of speculation about how the Brexit could lead to the end of the EU. I believe that would be an impossible thought for most Christians to entertain.

Is the Brexit just a bump in the road toward the 'eventual' "one world government" coming soon or does the Brexit push the the 'eventual' "one world government" into another generation?

Not sure what you mean. The Illuminati are still hell bent on establishing the New World Order, and will do so soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

The bible wasn't written for Christians, only the New Testament, so who do you think wanted a world government? I suspect you can guess.

Nonsense, the early church taught Christ out of the Septuagint OT. Wonderful places like Isaiah 17 and 53, Psalm 22 et cetra.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Profusion: I've read a lot of speculation about how the Brexit could lead to the end of the EU. I believe that would be an impossible thought for most Christians to entertain.

Buzzy: Interesting question, but seems to be a nonsequitor to me. It has nothing to do with religion.
What difference does it make to Christians? And why?

I agree; what does Christian dogma have to do with the will of a single nations people to throw off the EU oxen Yoke of shame (vanquishing an ill trend) set by other weakened nations prone to the vampire-ism of the stronger: to prop themselves up/support their own or similar loser nations?
edit on 24-6-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Do you accept Muslims and Hindus as brothers or do you believe that they are condemned for not worshipping Jesus as God?

Do you or are you just spitting sound bites? Because most Christians preach that one second and the next are ridiculing people of other faiths and beliefs.

How many times have you insulted people who don't agree with you this year? I bet a lot.

And Christianity is not exactly known historically for its tolerance. Of the big 3 Christianity has by far been the bloodiest and least tolerant. No question about it.

Arabs, Christians and Jews got along in Palestine until the Catholic Crusades.

Ditto on the Zionist occupation of Palestine. Having no legitimate claim to that land the Jews nevertheless have stolen most of the country.

And Zionism controls Britain and Europe so whatever happens believe they planned it that way.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: Profusion
I was brought up hearing, "Everything is moving toward the Biblically prophesied one world government." It did indeed look like things were heading that way unimpeded...until now.

Is the Brexit just a bump in the road toward the 'eventual' "one world government" coming soon or does the Brexit push the the 'eventual' "one world government" into another generation?

Not sure what you mean. The Illuminati are still hell bent on establishing the New World Order, and will do so soon.

No they won't. Illuminati is a buzz word and isn't the name of a secret society that wants one world government.

And the world order does not want a NEW world order. They want a ONE world government run by the current world order.

Which is why the Tower of Babel is one of its symbols. They want a really old world order like before Babel when Nimrod was King.

Never gonna happen. If it was a plan of theirs then G.B. would not withdraw.

London is their h.q.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: eSotericSamIam

That's simply not correct. The Illuminati infiltrated Freemasonry in May 1776, and they will accomplish their Luciferian global government after the 3rd world war. It won't live long though, thank God.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

To a person practicing Christianity, it should make no difference.

Our duty to care for our fellow human beings, worship the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, and our father in heaven are not altered one iota by this result. We are still duty bound to be good to people, to be loving toward our neighbours, and spread the word of Christ.

Anyone who has greater concerns than these, when considering the British exit from the EU, may be suffering from an excess ratio of indoctrination to faith.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I couldn't agree more, take no thought or worry for tomorrow, concern ourselves with today. Walk with the Lord 1 day at a time, tomorrow will have its own problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join