It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If London wasnt so stupid to elect idiots like Sadiq Khan who wants to ban sexy posters or divide women in his rallies maybe then i would have agreed with how great the immigrants are from the middle east and Africa.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The British people will never be allowed by the elite to leave EU trap.
There are a lot of money involved and the whole thing is rigged.

Even Cameron have said that even if the people vote leave he will not allow it.

EU is a train heading for bankruptcy and failure, and UK can´t get off.

I predict it will all end with fights in the streets and total anaki.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The remain camp sure seems to have being hitting Farage hard for Farage speaks the truth on the EU.

I truly hope Farage quits his EU job is he loses the referendum.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

people like ufoorbhunter will never understand unless it happens.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Even Cameron have said that even if the people vote leave he will not allow it.

Source ?

Don't know what total anaki is but there will be no fighting in the streets , other than the normal weekend brawls.

IF we vote leave then we will leave , if we vote stay then so be it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The EU applies regulation.

Regulation, as the name implies impedes growth, regulates wealth and directs it.

Since the entire hierarchy of EU is unelected, there is no way of influencing their decisions, bar bribery.

So Britain being prosperous today has zero relevance on tomorrow.

In simple terms, we the people of the UK cannot stop the EU from turning our economy from the 5th largest in the world into the 5th smallest.

And I also believe that is a part of the agenda.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

my engineering products are made in the EU,.... Si if we go out and the EU bang on export tariffs we are buggered.

Why would they place tariffs on UK products and then harm their own economies?

The UK is the 3rd biggest export market for Germany and the 6th biggest importer into Germany.
The UK is the 4th biggest export market for France and the 7th biggest importer into France.

Do you honestly think German and French companies will allow that trade to be jeopardised?

We need to remain in the EU our economy is too entwined.

No-one denies the benefits of a Free Trade Association, after all that is what we signed up for - but we do not want political union.

Will a German company want to employ Brits if we come out of the EU,

I think the honest answer is 'I don't know'......but I don't see why not considering our ridiculous minimum / liveable wage.
Bear in mind wages in the newer EU countries are rising rapidly and will in a relatively short time reach parity with the UK.

I rekon some EU firms will use an exit as an excuse to close down Britih plants and transfer production.

If so then we will simply have to seek new markets in the ever diminishing world and maybe become a bit more self-sufficient thus reducing our high trade deficit - surely not a bad thing, is it?

I can put up with further economic hardship for a few more years if it means this country being a better place for my Grandson to grow up in.

It's scary stuff to be honest.

I can see why some people may be scared of 'the unknown' - me, I think its an opportunity to start changing this country into something we can all be proud of and rediscovering some national pride and identity.

But things aren't rough now..Are they?

I guess that depends on the individual - they are certainly rougher than it should be but that's a whole different debate.

To be honest, I don't see how being a member of the EU has helped raise or protect living standards here in the UK.
If anything it has contributed to the reduction in average living standards to compensate for the rise in living standards in the poorer EU nations.

Of course none of that effects the wealthy elite who continue to screw us over regardless.

You go outside the EU and the places are so poor.

I can take you to places in the UK where standards of living are as equally poor as some of the poorest parts of the EU!

Here's a link to a thread I started a couple of years ago - now this IS scary.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have got it good here, why change this?

The good things we have here are due to the British people and not the EU.

Why change it?

Because it could, and should, be a lot better!

edit on 23/6/16 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Imagine Telford if we exit the EU. Blimey all those German companies, Siemens etc. All those Japanese companies who are there as a base to make and sell into Europe. Telford will be affected in some way or other by an exit. I like buying Makita hedgecutters made in Telford as they are made by Brits, will this be the same if we exit? Surely Makita will opt for some Slavstate place instead. Stay in the EU and protect Telford's manufacturing Gortex, it's the right thing to do

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Check this link out: It's written by a professor of economics

EU Basics – Your Guide to the UK Referendum on EU Membership

I have been trained in international and monetary economics at the London School of Economics and have a doctorate from the University of Oxford in economics. I have studied such issues for several decades. I have also recently tested, using advanced quantitative techniques, the question of the size of impact on GDP from entry to or exit from the EU or the eurozone. The conclusion is that this makes no difference to economic growth, and everyone who claims the opposite is not guided by the facts. The reason is that economic growth and national income are almost entirely determined by a factor that is decided at home, namely the amount of bank credit created for productive purposes.

He claims the E.U. has a trend of concentrating power into the hands of fewer and few people, and the ones benefiting from that are the globalists. Big business, big banks, central bankers, the IMF (basically the NWO) are the ones pushing for an increased concentration of power into fewer hands.

Big business and big banks, as well as central bankers and the IMF, constitute the financial elite that is behind this purposeful concentration of power – giving ever more power into the hands of ever fewer people. The undemocratic nature of EU institutions has reached such an extent that I have heard a recently retired member of the ECB governing council in private confessing that his biggest worry is the undemocratic nature and extent of the ECB’s powers, which have increasingly been abused for political ends. These facts have been drowned out by the constant drip of propaganda emanating from the powerful elites behind the creation of the United States of Europe.

He's even questioning the fact that U.S. presidents have often intervened and told Europeans to keep in line with the E.U. (in other words). Thinking it's weird for that to be the case since the the following:

We had been told in the past by the European media that the concentration of economic and political decision-making in Europe was being engineered in order to create a counter-weight against the US dominance. This seemed to motivate some pro-EU voices. Surely the US president must have heard about that?

But then he proceeds to try to figure out why, despite what Europeans have been told about the E.U. being a counter-weight against U.S. dominance, the U.S. presidents have been so supportive of it. He's comes with the claim that from the beginning, the E.U. has been a U.S. (CIA) funded idea. This is the source he uses for that claim:

„The use of covert operations for the specific promotion of European unity has attracted little scholarly attention and remains poorly understood. … the discreet injection of over three million dollars between 1949 and 1960, mostly from US government sources, was central to efforts to drum up mass support for the Schuman Plan, the European Defence Community and a European Assembly with sovereign powers. This covert contribution never formed less than half the European Movement’s budget and, after 1952, probably two-thirds. Simultaneously they sought to undermine the staunch resistance of the British Labour government to federalist ideas…. It is also particularly striking that the same small band of senior officials, many of them from the Western [note: this means US] intelligence community, were central in supporting the three most important transnational elite groups emerging in the 1950s: the European Movement, the Bilderberg Group and Jean Monnet’s Action Committee for a United States of Europe [ACUE]. Finally, at a time when some British antifederalists saw a continued ’special relationship‘ with the United States as an alternative to (perhaps even a refuge from) European federalism, it is ironic that some European federalist initiatives should have been sustained with American support.“

Here's some more from another source he names in the article:

DECLASSIFIED American government documents show that the US intelligence community ran a campaign in the Fifties and Sixties to build momentum for a united Europe. … US intelligence secretly funded the European Movement, paying over half its budget. Some of Europe’s founding fathers were on the US payroll….

I'll leave you with his conclusion:

A vote to stay in the EU thus is a vote to abolish the United Kingdom as a sovereign state and merge it into the undemocratic United States of Europe which the European elites are building under US tutelage. That the European public – and, it seems, even European politicians – have little or no input in key European decisions can be seen from the increasingly aggressive NATO stance against Russia (Brussels-based NATO being the military arm of the EU, which is overtly under direct US control), and the one-sided sanctions against Russia that the US could simply order the Europeans to implement (causing significant losses in incomes and jobs in Europe, while boosting US business interests). Immigration policies are another case in point. If the US had in the past considered the largely homogeneous European populations a source of potential European resistance against its plans for Europe, then the policy to replace them with balkanised failed ‚melting pots‘ also makes sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull
In simple terms, we the people of the UK cannot stop the EU from turning our economy from the 5th largest in the world into the 5th smallest.

But Britain is a great place to trade in right now............ Today, yes today we have it so good and you know it too.Vote in and save yourself and our people

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

EU is a train heading for bankruptcy and failure, and UK can´t get off.

So? Let em fight it out as long as Germany is in good shape we can continue our economic miracle along with them and let the lazy Romance periphery to rot.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The EU trading has failed the Italians, Greeks, Spanish and has not created any jobs.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You make some excellent points Freeborn. For sure we can negotiate agin with the EU once we are out, but why rock the boat? We need to stay with the Germans, they are our economic lifeline and I strongly believe a majority of British people will see this and keep us safe within the EU. Remember you can't move the European continent, whether we are in or out of the EU the European nations next door are still going to be there right next to us. I recommend you vote in as they aren't going to disppear, if an exit is what you want the a one way ticket to Australia may be the answer

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

But Britain is a great place to trade in right now............ Today, yes today we have it so good and you know it too.Vote in and save yourself and our people

I don't think you read all of my post, just like the varied opposing political parties all buying in to the organisation that continually votes them down, your argument is... illogical.

Can you buy from Canada, the US, China, Australia? But how can you do that when they are not in the EU?

I wish I could buy you a bottle of anti fear elixir to reverse your programming, but alas I fear it is too late.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95

The EU trading has failed the Italians, Greeks, Spanish and has not created any jobs.

Bad luck for them. As a Brit we've got it pretty good as we are an exceptional trading state both in finance and engineering our companies are superb. Why risk anything here? Why change things when you know full well we've got it so good

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The one shining light in the event of a Remain vote is the increasing likelihood that people in France, Denmark and The Netherlands will get their opportunity to express their own Right to Self-Determination.

Hopefully this will be before the rumoured banning of referenda on EU issues in all member states.

The EU is on borrowed time.

Let's get out of this mess first and push for a Free Trade Association with no political motivations or agenda's to replace it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

That's because it's a bloody myth that they are only sending males of fighting age because this is an invasion strategy. The whole idea is poppycock and nonsense.

They send a male in the family to represent them, so that they can secure safe passage for the rest of the family, and create a stable and secure position to house them in, which is not new information or a safely guarded secret, and nor is it wrong. It is what I would do if the roles were reversed.

Of course, one has to be able to have empathy, and kinship with his fellow man in order to be able to understand the obvious for what it is. Immigration is not an issue which has had the slightest bearing on my vote to leave the EU, because I believe the greatest service a person can do for his species, is make the harrowed feel loved and welcomed.

I hope we continue to take in refugees, frankly speaking. Given that we paid our political and military intelligence representatives to create the terror wave in the first place, it is our duty, and should be a matter of personal honour for all of us, to do what we can to correct that mistake.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I wish I could buy you a bottle of anti fear elixir to reverse your programming, but alas I fear it is too late.

It is too late as I have voted to stay in and preserve what we have here in Britain. You do understand why all these immigrants are coming here don't you? It's because we have it so good

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I dread to think what would have happened in 1939 if the likes of you and more with your way of thinking had been around then.

We don't have to negotiate anything - they will still trade with us and we will trade with them, nothing will change in that respect.

The one thing that will change is that the undemocratic EU will not be able to dictate to the UK and impose laws on us that may be contrary to our national interest.
The UK parliament will again be the ultimate authority for UK legislation - you may feel comfortable with the treasonous transfer of sovereignty to the EU, I don't....and I never will.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

We don't have to negotiate anything - they will still trade with us and we will trade with them, nothing will change in that respect.

You don't know that for sure. The EU is very protectionist, when they are threatened they will place tariffs on imports. Rather not be on the outside of that ring fence when the fence encompasses 90% of the continent.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join