It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the polls close at 10 PM UK time, which is 5 PM ATS time, I believe. They say the results will be available around 8 AM tomorrow morning in the UK, which will be 3 AM ATS time.

It should be very interesting. The polls are very close apparently.

My prediction: The young vote will be big and they will stay in Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SlowNail

my vote will actually change something in this country

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Did you read any of my post just how big a trading partner the UK is with both France and Germany?

Do you honestly think the major French and German companies will jeopardise that amount of trade?

Everyone understands the benefits of free trade.....and money will always talk.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I have to disagree, look at Italy and see how great the EU has being for them.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Raven95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Everyone understands the benefits of free trade.....and money will always talk.

Expect Free Trade doesnt bring jobs.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Do you honestly think the major French and German companies will jeopardise that amount of trade?

Freeborn I always read your excellent posts, but please stop the bleating about EU companies pulling out of our nation. For sure some will opt out and some will stay. But it is more than the EU. Far more. We rely on Japanese manufacturing for much of our United Kingdom manufacturing base. As I mentioned to Gortex earlier, it's really great to be able to buy a petrol powered hedge cutter made by British people in Telford. Makita transferred production from its German plant to the UK and what a great thing that is, but do you honestly believe the Japanese board would have agreed to this if we weren't in the EU? We rely on far more than EU companies for our manufacturing industries and these asian and US companies love the fact that we are in the EU. Think of the bigger picture Freeborn, we are better in for sure.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If Spain or France or any eu holiday destination try's to put a tariff on our goods . I'd just put a £1000 per person holiday tariff on everyone from uk going abroad !

How's your economy now Europe ?

Play harder ball

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Spain has already threatened British interests over the vote , I have family who live in Spain and work in Gibraltar and have been told the Spanish have threatened to close the border with Gibraltar in event of Brexit.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
All the immigrants and guess what they will vote for!
even thoe they Did not Vote?
the gov voted for them.
I can only pray we get Out...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
If Spain or France or any eu holiday destination try's to put a tariff on our goods . I'd just put a £1000 per person holiday tariff on everyone from uk going abroad !

How's your economy now Europe ?

Play harder ball

Nice idea.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

But this is also a perfect opportunity to kick the political establishment, which might be what the young would like to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

. We rely on Japanese manufacturing for much of our United Kingdom manufacturing base.

lol.

we are better in for sure.

Yes just like how those countries are doing so well in Western Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I voted out...
With a heavy heart.

I wanted so much for Cameron's negotiations to bear fruit...
But he failed us. Typically.

I don't like voting alongside Mensch, Farage & Gove...
But I also didn't like the prospect of voting alongside Blair, Cameron or Major...

I went with my heart, not my head.

I want our sovereignty back, I want our Parliament to do their job and create laws that reflect what the British people stand for.

I don't want unelected autocrats like Juncker deciding our future.

I'm an Earthling first & foremost...
But I'm British at heart. & nothing will ever change that.

For better or worse.

Salam everybody.
Hope you voted with your hearts.

Our heads have been filled with sh*te.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
LOL theres always only two choices and O the drama as its down to the wire then miraculously postal votes or whatever at the last second deliver the outcome the powers that be want,the illusion of choice.Its all bloody theatre people.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lot of activity at the polling station today. My wife gave me a pen just as we went in.

Strange not to see the usual suspects lined up outside wanting to know which way I voted though.

One other thing, when the terms of the referendum were announced I am sure it was a yes/no proposition not the actual remain/leave that was on the ballot papers.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Latest poll= 51 stay 49 leave,well surprise,surprise,surprise,and the stockmarkets all know its rigged too,going gangbusters today.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was pleased to see a turnout of more than the usual 1 (myself) today, even at the early time of 8am.

We've now got to wait until 10pm when polls close, then through the night as the results come in. Undecided as to whether I will be staying up to watch it or not, but I'm taking the guess that the result will be "remain" no matter how well the "leave" campaign seemed to be doing last week (before the shooting).

SprocketUK I don't remember, but the "leave" or "remain" was clear enough on the ballot slip.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey what did our UK members seen?

Some of the things im listening to are reporting nothing but pencils to vote with and stay people campaigning right outside the polling booth?

Just curious if any of this frothing at the mouth stuff was seen by folks here.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I've never professed to have more than just a basic knowledge of financial / economic matters but why would it be of any concern of Japan if we are in or out of the EU?
As long as they have access to the EU market they'll continue to do exactly the same as they are now - go wherever they get the best incentives.

Why did Makita choose to move from Germany to Telford?
Germany is part of the EU so surely they would have received the same incentives from the EU if they had stayed in Germany?
Maybe it was UK excellence that swayed the matter or maybe extra incentives from the UK - surely we can be more competitive free from EU restraints in offering incentives and our excellence in manufacturing can only remain the same....or am I missing something?

But again....if a Brexit vote means some short term economic hardship then I'm prepared to accept that if it means we can take control of our own law making and then slowly build up our economy free from the restraints placed upon it by the heavily centralised EU.

At the end of the day the horse has bolted and the die is cast - you've placed your vote and I've placed mine.
I believe that we have both voted in line with our personal convictions and the way we both believe is best for the UK and its people.
These discussions are pretty much pointless now.
All we can do now is sit and wait for the result and then contemplate what we then feel is the best course of action for the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join