It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

On the sugbject of racism, I could not agree more. I am bloody ashamed of my countrymen when I hear them speak ill of those whose origins lay outside these isles. I think to myself "What kind of proud Briton thinks like a bloody Roman anyway?".

I expect better from my countrymen than to harbour such low thoughts.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
I'm voting in, but have some sympathy for the Out argument.

Anyhow, this #usepens thing is ridiculous. I suppose it is true that someone could tamper with a pencil vote, but I suspect they'd simply print a load of duplicate ballots rather than spend hours rubbing out people's pencil votes.

Press really hard with the pencil

You are right though, postal votes etc are the ones that are usually fraudulent.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Is there any exit polling going on?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Is there any exit polling going on?

There is, but they are not allowed to report on it until the polling stations are closed.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The media aren't allowed to publish until the polls close, but the below article goes into more detail.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 38pThu, 23 Jun 2016 07:46:38 -050020162016-06-23T07:46:38-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

......no ones offering miracles, which is the only thing I'm interested in right now.

I fully understand that my friend and there's not a day goes by where I don't wish and even pray that a miracle happens.

On a less personal note - I don't want politicians to promise me miracles, I just want them to tell some truth and speak from the heart with a bit of conviction and passion.

Last week I watched a debate on regional TV about the referendum with specific focus on North East England.
I turned it off after 20 minutes because I literally wanted kick the crap out of every single panel member regardless of their stance.
It was all 'I did this', 'The Labour Party did that' and 'The Tories did the other'.
All about toeing the party line or self-aggrandisement and not one single toss given about the cares, concerns or wishes of the studio audience or the public at large.

Everyone in my house has changed their minds over the last few days. From leave to stay. I think Cameron scared my dad, with the feAr against the elderly and grand parents.

That's sad and it means Project Fear may have won.

For me personally its all been about sovereignty and the legacy we leave our children and grandchildren etc.

I hope everyone gets what they want and don't regret their decision afterwards. I'm interested to know what the leave campaign will be after next Bojo or farage for prime minister

No regrets here mate....make an informed decision and be true to one's own moral code - that's all any of us can do.

Boris has been incompetent to an unbelievable extent - bettered only by Cameron who has been absolutely pathetic.
Cameron is a lame duck Prime Minister now and its only a matter of time before he is replaced as leader of The Conservative Party.
I've being saying for a long time now that I think the only reason Boris agreed to lead the OUT campaign was so that in the aftermath of the referendum he will be perceived as the only man capable of re-uniting the split Tory Party and to lead them into the next general election.

I'm just glad it's over it's been a really nasty campaign, highlighting all that's wrong in the uk, ....

Indeed.
Vitriolic and at times far too personal.
Public figures from both sides have revealed themselves to be thoroughly amoral - its time for a full system re-boot regardless of EU membership or not.

link   
The way i see it, if we were never in the EU and we are voting to join, would people want in??

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

This is much more interesting to me than a bunch of law makers sitting on a floor....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Funny how news comments sections are closed are all closed today hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You obviously don't see the negative effects of a Brexit . an exit also means allot of benefits Britain has and trade and free travel through the rest of Europe and numerous other things primarily the loss of access to the European internal market can have a huge economic impact.

Also, other countries will probably follow and the threat that eastern countries will see a huge power struggle will, later on, follow to maybe take influential measures.

And yes the chance that Europe will be invaded could be a possibility too I think.

I see Great Britain as a large cornerstone of the European society, Economically, and safety of Europe in general.

If it's only Brussels and immigration , Europe could see this as a warning and build a constructive new foundation that will equalise all nations within Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The rain has stopped , clouds have parted and the Sun is shining , surely a sign .

My vote is cast , rule Britannia.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

And yes the chance that Europe will be invaded could be a possibility too I think.

Europe is already invaded.

I love how some here defend the EU by suggesting that it will be stable haha.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
There is the poll station site and its 81% out at the moment.

Pollstation
Don't know how accelerate this site is but every one iv spoken to
is voting out and i mean everyone.

Love the banner at the top of the page.

edit on 23/6/2016 by skuly because: adding banner pic

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Bradford reporting a 170% turnout so far today

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skuly

Thats good for leave!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: skuly
Is an internet polling site going to be slightly skewed towards the younger generation (and those not at work)?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95
170%?
Is that satire, or a misprint?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Raven95
170%?
Is that satire, or a misprint?

Postal votes innit?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Labour supporters are attacking jeremycorbyn as a #Traitor for defending the EU while he was agaisnt it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: CranialSponge

If it's only Brussels and immigration , Europe could see this as a warning and build a constructive new foundation that will equalise all nations within Europe.

Juncker has already stated that if we vote to remain, there will be NO further reforms within the E.U. In other words we either like the deal that Cameron has, ahem, negotiated, or lump it.

www.independent.co.uk...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join