It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
the ftse and pound finish the day up, so they thankfully expect remain.
i see the brexit babies are lining excuses and conspiracies up already.

Language like that doesn't help does it? Keep fuelling the hate and don't go whining when it all boils over somewhere down the line.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

haha you remain campers are hopeless. Italy now seeking a way out of the EU so hopefully its out by the morning at least Tony Blair had your back.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Am I right in thinking that the biggest issue in this election is immigration?

Is that the most irksome thing about being in the EU that will determine how people vote?

Actually with regards to immigration Brexit have been calling for a points system like Australia or Canada so its not quite the racist picture that has been painted, but yes as others have pointed out there are other reasons too.

For an outline of arguments:
BBC - EU referendum issues guide: Explore the arguments
edit on 23/6/2016 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It would be weird if Britain voted to remain and Holland, France and Greece voted to leave.

The union seems very shaky at the moment.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I've read the same, but my 18 year old lad tells me the majority of his social circle are voting leave.
Maybe it's just a regional thing but I'm hoping it's not...as I said, I'm a dreamer...we'll know soon.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

haha it would interesting to see if the Young vote leave.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Im from the US but have been following this for a few weeks now. And it seems, online anyway, that there has been a large presence of Remain voters flooding the comments sections. But, I haven't found their arguments too compelling.

Sorry if I missed it tbough, but am I to understand that there are no exit polls for this vote? If so, I'd be worried about the integrity of the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Polls close 2 and a half hours - so you've not missed much.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From this distance (Canada) it appears as if an attempt is being made to create a "United States of Europe" and that the EU is not simply a trading block and that that is what is causing a lot of trouble. The USE would be the mother of multicultural states if things turned out that way. The UK is mildly multicultural anyway, referencing the Union Jack itself (not to mention everything that has happened since), but Canadians will tell you that multiculturism, particularly across linguistic boundaries, is a full time job, and Canada only has two major linguistic groups.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I will say too, that as an outsider, from my perspective the campaign to Remain has dwarfed the Exit campaign, at least in terms of what stories and info is being presented to us across the pond.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
I will say too, that as an outsider, from my perspective the campaign to Remain has dwarfed the Exit campaign, at least in terms of what stories and info is being presented to us across the pond.

All the way through and the news has been running the same agenda also.

Must be worth 10 pts to remain so far.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

Not surprised to hear that. We even had Obama coming over to tell us to remain. He said we would be at the back of the TTIP queue if we didn't. Unfortunately no-one seems to have told him yet that his TTIP isn't all that popular with the rest of Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

The Remain camp also had the Canadian prime minster.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

Nor with most Americans.

He speaks for himself and his bosses higher up. Not The People.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Must have missed that one. I just remember Obama flexing his muscles.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hahah hey guys you should go see the comments on the labour party on faceboook. It seems the vote today might spill the end for labour party today.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Raven95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: ipsedixit

Yup, I'm hearing that all the young and brainwashed "social justice warriors" are voting to remain while accusing everyone who disagrees of being racist etc. Britain is not very different from the U.S. It's amazing how many people can't see the social engineering going on eveywhere..

It's a Bilderberg tactic, pure and simple.

Don't agree with something, you are automatically labelled a 'Phobic'. Immigration is at the heart of the debate, but not necessarily for the reasons you would expect.

The E.U consists of over 500,000,000 people, all of which, if they choose, can live in any country within the E.U. Of course, not everyone will want to come to the U.K, that would be ridiculous, but many Eastern Europeans and people from countries with high unemployment move to the U.K simply because the economy is doing relatively well. Now, we cannot refuse entry to anyone, even if it is likely that they are entering for nefarious reasons. No background checks, no visas, just a right to travel and live within any country within the E.U.

The E.U was the blue print of the Bilderbergers and all of the PrimeMinisters, going as far back as Harold Wilson in the 1960's have been part of the Bilderberg group. The fact is, you cannot be a leader of an E.U country, unless you are a Bilderberger.

Hillary Clinton is a Bilderberger, she was anointed by them to become the next POTUS in 2012. It's all planned, but the Bremainers don't want to talk about that. Instead they just throw mud and claim that the Brexit crowd are ill informed and we should do some research. All I can say is, I have done much more research on the E.U than just listening to Cameron and all the other Bilderbergers, or read some leaflet shoved through my front door.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
HAHA its like a revolt in there.

Revolt in Labour party??

Angry faces etc.

Labour party are traitors. Sold out. Vote out

Very few remainers.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Talking of leaflets, funnily enough my husband and I got a leaflet through the door - one for remain and one for exit. Both were from a different source. I should have kept them to compare the reality once the decision has been counted.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
brexitclub.eu...

Julian Assange is supposed to be running this live webcast but it seems to be down.
Is it just me or is everybody looking at a screen that says "we'll be back" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join