It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP comparing US gun laws to Australia gun laws.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of hearing Australia preach about how our gun laws are so awful and that we need to adapt to their rules because it will solve everything.

THIS IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH!!

You can not take a countries laws such as Australia and compare them to the laws of another country like the United States. There are to many differences!

ISIS isn't focusing on AU like they are America
Terrorism in a whole isn't focusing on AU like it is on America

You guys can sit down there in your happy little land down under and keep your mouths shut for all I care.

Watching your guys comedian (forgot his name) mock the US about our laws was a disgrace.

And don't even try and tell me you have dealt with terrorism. 1 sheik holding 17 hostages (2 of which died) and a Kurd who attacked a police station isn't jack compared to what we have in our country.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am personally a concealed carry and a open carry depending on which state I am in at the time (Texas and Arizona.) I will gladly admit I have pulled my gun on someone before. Sitting in my truck in AZ while my sister went into a gas station for water I observed 4 mexicans pulling up and getting out of their SUV. All of them had open containers full of booze and walked right in and circled up around her. You can bet your ass I was in there faster than you could say oh $HIT! When they turned on me my gun was out. They were all drunk.

That is mediocre compared to more real threats America has. What if that whole situation was different. What if I was in that Orlando club with my gun?

Wake up America and stop listening to these other countries, they are not in our shoes! I refuse to be disarmed while the threat of these Muslims looms over our heads and I am sick of hearing other countries talk about how we should be more like them.

-END RANT

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Australia terrible example

www.ncpa.org...

crimeresearch.org...

Another good look at why culture and other VARIABLES make a difference.

mises.org...
edit on 16-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Instead of focusing on the gun problem (and yes it is a problem), why not try to understand why the terrorists hate the US and vote in people that are willing to deal with that problem, without more guns?

The Rambo mentality isn't going to solve problems. If you were in that club you would start firing at the person shooting? In a crowded room? Could you live with killing an innocent person?

Just my two cents and some quick points I thought of. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, only my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne
I should go and get a gun now due to drunk mexican people, who seem to be wandering about, though I have not seen them.

And, also relate that to Australia.

Got it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They need to start doing mental evaulations before they give out those CCA. This guy is obviously out of touch with reality. Admit it you went over to those mexicans with the intentions of starting trouble. Just looking for the chance to put a mexican in his place. I think twice about pulling your gun out on anyone because its a felony to do so

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe you could be a little more like Canada, if AU doesn't fit.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You missed the whole entire point of the topic and took my real life experience to compare it to that, nice. Good job.

And no I wouldn't start firing into a open crowd. Holy crap.

The point was you can't compare AU laws to US laws! It doesn't work that way.

If you want to go debate with Muslims why their religions says to kill everyone that isn't Muslim and tell them their religion is wrong knock yourself out. I'll enjoy watching that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Maybe you could be a little more like Canada, if AU doesn't fit.

I'm sorry, but I think it is best if we are left out of this, soon to be, clusterfrak.

Thank You
Canada

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

Let me know when your littler sister is surrounded by 4 drunk Mexicans in a gas station that pulled up and hopped out with open containers and let me know how you deal with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am so sick and tired of hearing Australia preach about how our gun laws are so awful and that we need to adapt to their rules because it will solve everything.

Your not the only one.

How about the Australian NEOCON's stop tell us what we should be doing.

Especially if they are like THIS one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I'm sorry, i meant no harm

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
they were drunk so u pulled your gun? see in my town we have a drunk situation its a fist fight then cops are called or it excalates then calms down,either way no one ends up dead over nothing.

i should have added cause no one has a gun to pull,we get our rage out the old fashioned way then everyone makes up and goes home happy,alcohol and guns is a recipe for disaster.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

ever heard of calling 911? You do know that in order to claim self defense you have to at least try to flee or call 911 before you start shooting people

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I'm sorry, i meant no harm

No worries, just wanted to get in a preemptive apology.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Do your research before telling me what is a felony in the state I grew up and live in. I know my rights and I exercised them according to the law. 4 drunk individuals who are in a threatening posture against a single person or a single person with a victim in the middle is legitimate reason to pull a weapon for self defense. Don't try and preach to me about it. The crime rates in American are not the same as other countries, especially those in the location of where this took place.

I just gave a perfectly fine reason for the use of my second amendment.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne

You missed the whole entire point of the topic and took my real life experience to compare it to that, nice. Good job.

And no I wouldn't start firing into a open crowd. Holy crap.

The point was you can't compare AU laws to US laws! It doesn't work that way.

If you want to go debate with Muslims why their religions says to kill everyone that isn't Muslim and tell them their religion is wrong knock yourself out. I'll enjoy watching that.

Sure it does. You compare statistics per capita.

Go find a real Muslim that will come here and say that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Let me know when your littler sister is surrounded by 4 drunk Mexicans in a gas station that pulled up and hopped out with open containers and let me know how you deal with it.

yell at them? Call the cops?

You act like you were in mexicali on a dark road, alone.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm in Afghanistan right now, I'm sure I can find you 1 or 2 or 5000 to talk to. Come on over, I'll ever take you to dinner.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Do your research before telling me what is a felony in the state I grew up and live in. I know my rights and I exercised them according to the law. 4 drunk individuals who are in a threatening posture against a single person or a single person with a victim in the middle is legitimate reason to pull a weapon for self defense. Don't try and preach to me about it. The crime rates in American are not the same as other countries, especially those in the location of where this took place.

I just gave a perfectly fine reason for the use of my second amendment.

You can pull it, if you are properly licensed. Shoot it, jsut because they were walking around the truck at a gas station....then you would have a problem. You should also call 911 and then pull it.

In the end, police willl askm "Why did you not call 911?"
edit on 16-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join