It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP comparing US gun laws to Australia gun laws.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
a reply to: Moonshinne

How was she dressed?

You mean did she have her burqa on, so the men wouldn't be tempted and lose control? You know, because it's a womans fault that a man can't control himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

How was she dressed?

You mean did she have her burqa on, so the men wouldn't be tempted and lose control? You know, because it's a womans fault that a man can't control himself.

Glad I'm not the only one that caught that!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
they were drunk so u pulled your gun? see in my town we have a drunk situation its a fist fight then cops are called or it excalates then calms down,either way no one ends up dead over nothing.

i should have added cause no one has a gun to pull,we get our rage out the old fashioned way then everyone makes up and goes home happy,alcohol and guns is a recipe for disaster.

So four drunk guys surround your sister and you go in there to fight them and you are outnumbered 4:1 and then they knock you out and take your sister. The point was in the OP is that him pulling the gun prevented any escalation at all. He basically threatened the drunks that if they tried to fight him or tried to touch his sister he would open fire on them, so the gun prevented anyone from getting hurt, but also insured that the OP and his sister would be able to defend themselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne
a reply to: superman2012

There may be no links but doesn't one have to be told from the organization to do something. It doesn't matter if they are domestic. The propaganda and ideology from this group spreads and creates these people. Even if they act alone they learned it from somewhere which basically to me makes them ISIS even if they were not a formal member.

...and that's why they'll always win. There is no addressing the problem of a person who feels so out of society and cut off, or whatever other reason they have. If people can't explain it, it had to be "them". Whoever the enemy "them" is at that time.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne
a reply to: Teikiatsu

of course, to most people the use of deadly force is only authorized after you are dead or had your face bashed in.

Oh, I forgot. I do have an emergency dialer on my phone, which I have never used.

So this would happen: Pull out my phone, hit the emergency dialer, be confused by the ++++ on the screen because I have never used it before, hit call, then wait and explain my situation, then wait for the cops to arrive.

Nah. Gun.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Maybe you could be a little more like Canada, if AU doesn't fit.

You can't be serious? You have to jump through hoops here, if you want a handgun the paperwork is insane, you have to call the police if you are moving said handgun, in a locked box in you trunk, just to go target shooting, it's crazy. With these ridiculous precautions, we still get our fair share of street murders and drive by shootings. I guess the criminals and terrorists didn't get the memo about getting rid of there guns and explosives, go figure? I guess our pm should say pretty please or Justin says.

Canada is crazy.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/16.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

"Our fair share"...compared to the U.S.? Hardly.

Canada had 1.1 gun related homicide per 100,000 in 2013.

The USA ha 12.8 gun related homicides per 100,000 in 2013.

Keep the handguns locked up. If you want a past time like target shooting handguns, then follow the laws, keep them locked up, do the paperwork. You can't deny that easier access to guns has an impact on gun related homicides

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sometimes

they were drunk so u pulled your gun? see in my town we have a drunk situation its a fist fight then cops are called or it excalates then calms down,either way no one ends up dead over nothing.

i should have added cause no one has a gun to pull,we get our rage out the old fashioned way then everyone makes up and goes home happy,alcohol and guns is a recipe for disaster.

So four drunk guys surround your sister and you go in there to fight them and you are outnumbered 4:1 and then they knock you out and take your sister. The point was in the OP is that him pulling the gun prevented any escalation at all. He basically threatened the drunks that if they tried to fight him or tried to touch his sister he would open fire on them, so the gun prevented anyone from getting hurt, but also insured that the OP and his sister would be able to defend themselves.

yeah pulling a gun helps? so i pull my gun,4 guys pull their guns,i,m dead,my sisters dead and 4 or maybe 3 or maybe 2 guys disapear in to the night cause i didn,t manage to get all 4 at once,that really helped the situation.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

yeah pulling a gun helps? so i pull my gun,4 guys pull their guns,i,m dead,my sisters dead and 4 or maybe 3 or maybe 2 guys disapear in to the night cause i didn,t manage to get all 4 at once,that really helped the situation.

Seems it helped the situation alright, since the member this is directed at isn't talking about the time he and his sister got murdered by four dudes with guns.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

I'm with you Sparky, we both live in the same country and it seems like a wild west culture to us.
It's so far away from our reality it's unfathomable to us that they tolerate it.
I worked in a bar that was featured in Britain's Hardest Pubs on Sky, so I've seen it all as far as violence on a Saturday night.
It would be crazy if people had guns in those situations, so we are thankful for our gun laws.
But it's a completely different culture, they have crime on a different level to us and the poverty line is much lower in the U.S compared to other countries, so they are right enough it's comparing apples to oranges.
We can just be thankful that we live in a world where guns really are not a thing, even though today's news paints a different picture. I've never heard a gunshot from an automatic weapon, handgun, shotgun, none and I'm thankful for that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I saw a video from an ex-cia operative stating something along the lines of we need to openly communicate with "the bad guys", see what is troubling them and have an open discussion to fix it. The problem here is that the "bad guys" believe wholeheartedly that they are doing the right thing and that the nonbelievers must fall. How can you have an open discussion when their (the "bad guys") core beliefs and role models state that they have to take as many non-believers down to guarantee a place in the afterlife? There is no discussion that can be had, thats like asking a devout christian to never go to church again.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

S &F.

You have to remember that not every adult male is actually a MAN.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

ever heard of calling 911? You do know that in order to claim self defense you have to at least try to flee or call 911 before you start shooting people

No you can claim defense of others if you stop someone from being assaulted or hurt. They dont put you in jail for defending someone elses life from harm if its done in the moment and not pre meditated.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6 maybe not but so easily could have been over what? a stupid argument,pulling a gun over 4 drunk guys is pure madness. if you had to pull a gun in scotland over a drunk argument we would have no population in scotland atall,guns aint the answer to stop something happening. something called common sense is.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

yeah he got the drop on them. youre a moron if you go for a weapons If someone has the drop on you.

And common sense dont stop 4 drunk mexicans from starting a fight. I tried the comon sense approach with soem drunk ones one time. Know what i got for doin that? A dance session where i was avoiding the pointy end of a few knives till the bartender drilled one of em with his 45.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: added value

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I use a knife these days,he wouldn't feel much.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's a different culture altogether from ours, we thankfully realised a while back that if we didn't stop people from having guns we were going to wipe ourselves out.
It's a weird thing because really we live in a violent culture but we are raised from a young age that if you can handle yourself, you'll be alright.
So fighting is part of our culture and we look down on people that pull out a weapon in a fight, that's a good way to get a beating as it means you are scared to face up without a tool. Real men fight with fists not weapons, sorry America.
This same culture won't tolerate an uneven fight, so quite often random members of the public will jump in to balance it out.
So yeah we can't compare the cultures, if we had guns we would most likely have a much higher homicide rate.

link   

So we're dealing with what-ifs, not reality (though another poster seems to want to play the reality card) then?

Okay, what if he used his words and the four guys decided to kick his ass into oblivion and throw his sister into a truck? Oh but wait, somebody called 911. They'll get there a few minutes after everybody drives off.

Yep, that solved it.

What ifs are fun.

link   

YES in fact it actually DOES help .time and time again...of course ever since that school incident you guys couldn't deal with guns,NO DOUBT explaining (rather CLEARLY) why Americans don't tell YOU how to throw a caber or fight with a Claymore ....unless it's the AMERICAN style mine of course. I can show you some AMAZING tricks with those...
STILL want to try to teach Americans about our guns?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

We look down on people who have to post about how badass they are on the Internet.

Sorry, wherever you're from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join