It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP comparing US gun laws to Australia gun laws.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So 4 drunk individuals against 1 person (considering a 120 lb woman doesn't count as crap) who are approaching you in a aggressive manner is not call for self defense? How many does it take then? When is self defense authorized...?? After you are already disarmed?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

It is a situation to be alarmed. Call 911, then pull out your gun.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne
a reply to: reldra

You missed the whole entire point of the topic and took my real life experience to compare it to that, nice. Good job.

And no I wouldn't start firing into a open crowd. Holy crap.

The point was you can't compare AU laws to US laws! It doesn't work that way.

If you want to go debate with Muslims why their religions says to kill everyone that isn't Muslim and tell them their religion is wrong knock yourself out. I'll enjoy watching that.

Sorry, I guess I got confused by you when you said, " What if I was in that Orlando club with my gun?" I took that to mean that you would have done something.

I don't need to debate with Muslims about "why their religions says to kill everyone that isn't Muslim and tell them their religion is wrong", for some reason, Canada doesn't have the same problems as our brothers and sister just south of an invisible line....

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Australia doesn't have a wide open Mexican border to deal with.

The Mexican border is the U.S.'s biggest problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

youre out of touch with reality. Our current gun control laws are the reason this guy gets to own a weapon just driving around looking for his opportunity to shoot someone. It extremely rare for someone to kill another person and get away with it.

link   

Comparing the US to Australia is like comparing guns to knives. Not sure where that leaves us but apples be apples and oranges be oranges.

link   
a reply to: superman2012

No Canada doesn't, but you guys have also done a job well done of not pissing off the world and making yourself a target like my country has done. This is why everyone likes you.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They have to deal with New Zealand or wait, does New Zealand have to deal with them?

Members?

link   

How was she dressed?

link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

I agree with you. I want stricter gun laws myself. I want you to have a perfect clear record with a background check and a mental psychological check before getting a gun. I'm all with you man!!!

I hate our gun laws, but I will stand my ground and say that they should not be taken away from people who use them correctly! Especially when you have the threat of terrorism in your country alive and running free!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

My little sister is a introvert and had just gotten off work. White slacks and a black t-shirt.

You'd be lucky if she ever stopped to talk to you if you said hi. She wasn't wearing anything close to provocative.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Moonshinne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: xuenchen

They have to deal with New Zealand or wait, does New Zealand have to deal with them?

Members?

Depends on the Mandela Effect.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is a situation to be alarmed. Call 911, then pull out your gun.

So take my eyes off the 4 guys to look at my phone and unlock it, then call up the phone app, then dial 911.

As opposed to keeping my eyes on all 4, pulling out my gun and audibly switching off the safety.

Right.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

of course, to most people the use of deadly force is only authorized after you are dead or had your face bashed in.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No Canada doesn't, but you guys have also done a job well done of not pissing off the world and making yourself a target like my country has done. This is why everyone likes you.

Since the worst day I can ever remember, 9/11, all attacks have been from domestic terrorism. There are no links (that they've found yet, anyways) to ISIS from this latest idiot that decided to kill people in a mass shooting. At least according to the FBI.

Link

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There may be no links but doesn't one have to be told from the organization to do something. It doesn't matter if they are domestic. The propaganda and ideology from this group spreads and creates these people. Even if they act alone they learned it from somewhere which basically to me makes them ISIS even if they were not a formal member.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

ISIS isn't focusing on AU like they are America
Terrorism in a whole isn't focusing on AU like it is on America

And why is that? Maybe it's time to put the guns and Islam conversations on the back burner and start having that conversation.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So take my eyes off the 4 guys to look at my phone and unlock it, then call up the phone app, then dial 911. As opposed to keeping my eyes on all 4, pulling out my gun and audibly switching off the safety.

That would work. We all know that criminals are respectful enough to give you time to call 911. We also know that cops are only seconds away when you call them.

edit on 16-6-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
thats cause 99.9% of people in my country aint carrying guns so deadly force isn,t needed,as i say we have a problem then its a fist fight,maybe a bottle or 2 but no one whos drunk is pulling a gun and shooting people just cause a few people are crowding round someone,utter madness,yous may love your 2nd amendment but i,m so glad we have the controls we do.

wouldn,t change it for anything.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan

How was she dressed?

I'm sorry but did you...did you just try to go down the road of blaming a woman for how men behaved towards her?

Did that just happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join