It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK MP Shot And Stabbed

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: elnikoz

If you want to be in a white power group, that's your choice,

WTF dude?!! Now youre telling me Im a white supremacist you piece of #? Im not even white you #ing dumbass and maybe you should grow the # up and stop calling people racist!!

I wish I was brave enough to act hard on the Internet.

I didn't call you anything. Let the scales fall from your eyes and maybe get a grown up to help you comprehend what that snippet you quoted actually said.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

. . . they are concentrating on the Muslim gangs abusing kids (terrible but peado's are from all walks of life) rather than those that completely failed in their care of the vulnerable (Police, Social Services, Local Council).

They could give this one a bit of attention. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Chances are that he knows how serious the problem is and fears speaking out against it. No excuse, though, because when children are being targeted by organised criminals then we must deal with it one way or the other. Dealing with it means dealing with all parts, so that it’s not particularly relevant as to what creed or colour somebody is. I feel that the amount of accusations flying around about Muslims (suddenly that “Ray Gun” song just came into my head) are nothing other than a deflection from the real truth. We surely know by now that there is an extensive clandestine network involving people of all types, and that certainly includes politicians and people in service. In fact, I’d personally argue that the military know a great deal about this.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

To be frank, our murder by gun rate is a tiny fraction, per capita than that of the US.
So our laws work here.
That's not to say they are transferable to the US, nor that your laws would work here.
For one thing, I don't want all our cops to be carrying firearms. I like not having to worry about getting shot by an anxious cop who may be suffering from ptsd from thinking every traffic stop might be his or her last.

Finally, let's show a bit of class, eh? Politically she was on the other side from me, but the thought she may have become a target due to her views is abhorrent.

Dig deeper into the numbers and you will find very little difference in the risk of being murdered in the US and the UK when you control for the very significant differences in the two countries - namely population density and poverty. In fact the UK is slightly more dangerous. Granted the risk is less for being murdered by a gun, but murder is murder regardless of the weapon used.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Murder by facebook. It killed my friend.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: UKTruth

Murder by facebook. It killed my friend.

Here is a good video summarising.

I don't agree with all of the thoughts in this video, but this chap does underline some of the very significant differences between the two countries enough to show that simple arguments touting gun deaths (a la Pierce Morgan) in each country are inane.

The gun debate really is just a smokescreen when it comes to these kind of horrible events.
edit on 17/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Possibly a homemade gun.

Seems likely. Where there's a will, there's a way, it seems. Did we ever hear a motive?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

To be frank, our murder by gun rate is a tiny fraction, per capita than that of the US.
So our laws work here.
That's not to say they are transferable to the US, nor that your laws would work here.
For one thing, I don't want all our cops to be carrying firearms. I like not having to worry about getting shot by an anxious cop who may be suffering from ptsd from thinking every traffic stop might be his or her last.

Finally, let's show a bit of class, eh? Politically she was on the other side from me, but the thought she may have become a target due to her views is abhorrent.

I quite agree, to start with the last point first. That sort of action doesn't benefit anyone, and is abhorrent to any who respect a free society! I don't know who she was, or what the sides are, but I don't want to see anyone shot like that.

I hear you on the police. Plenty of good ones around, but enough bad that it's a problem. And kudos for understanding that laws one place might not work well in another!! That is so important these days!! We are different, with different ideas, and we shouldn't apply everything about us to some other nation. Basic freedom, I'd like to see for all, but that also means respecting that some groups will want different things.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why do pro gun advocates always assume that stricter gun laws means no gun death as a result.

It's like drink driving, we have laws to prevent it for a reason yet some people still go out driving drunk and kill. however without the law everybody could do it and drink driving deaths would skyrocket because it would be legal.

Guns are simply tools. Someone who wants to kill will do so, by one means or another. Killing is already illegal, and attacking a tool isn't going to change anything. In this case, the person seems to have made a gun.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Places with the most control over guns also have the higher rates of crime, including GUN crime. It's just a fact.

No its not a fact.

Our murder rate is a fraction of the USA.

And gun crime is next to non existent.

This shooting is a extremely rare occurrence. I live in a town of 250,000 and in the last ten years we have had 3 gun related murders. And i live in a high crime area of the UK.

As another poster said US gun laws wont nessarly work here and vice versa and cultures are diffrent, not everyone views guns in the same way.

Get over it. The UK doesn't want to worship guns any more than the USA wants to give them up.
edit on 18-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

So our laws work here.

I quite agree, to start with the last point first. That sort of action doesn't benefit anyone, and is abhorrent to any who respect a free society! I don't know who she was, or what the sides are, but I don't want to see anyone shot like that.

I hear you on the police. Plenty of good ones around, but enough bad that it's a problem. And kudos for understanding that laws one place might not work well in another!! That is so important these days!! We are different, with different ideas, and we shouldn't apply everything about us to some other nation. Basic freedom, I'd like to see for all, but that also means respecting that some groups will want different things.

Nicely put. :-)

All any of us can aspire to is to rule ourselves with the minimum of interference from the state.
I get the dangers in allowing manipulation of events in order to alter long standing rights.
Jo Cox was part of the labour party, pro EU. I would have found myself in opposition to much of what She stood for, but the people she represented had only good things to say about how hard she worked for them. Something that can't be said for every MP.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hillary was quick to jump on this for personal gain. I guess the killer fit the right profile, white spupremacist and anti moselm immigration. That's extremely rare here in the USA so she's had to go shopping abroad I suppose.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

At least she sent condolences, unlike Trump.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So, gun control doesn't work then.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Another dumbarse i see trying to make a failed point off a tragedy .....

Seeing as this is a very very rare event and barely ever happens here i would say yes it does work for the UK!

That doesnt mean it would work for the USA! Diffrent laws work for diffrent cultures.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well it wasn't a mass shooting like you have in the USA it was one dead not a shooting rampage like you guys are getting used to

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Well it wasn't a mass shooting like you have in the USA it was one dead not a shooting rampage like you guys are getting used to

And every week i might add.

Miami likely has more gun crime in a week than the UK in a yesr!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nothing works perfectly, I know how to find out how to build a fully auto machine gun with very little actual skills and most of it being plumbing supplies, and while i think my MP is a right tosser i'll have my fun when hopefully he's taken out at the polling station by voting rather than shooting his sorry ass.

Being able to taunt you opponent after the event will always give more pleasure than just seeing their bloody corpse, but i guess in probably many parts of the USA it might be different.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am even more convinced this was an an assassination carried out by factions within the EU organisation. This killer stated his name in court as 'death to traitors''. Scripted from start to finish. This is what happens when the fascists running Europe get desperate.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join