It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK MP Shot And Stabbed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Seriously? Did you even watch the videos you posted? Obviously didnt because theres no mention of them being "right wing white supremacy group". Do you even know what that means? You do know that they have black members too? And you didnt even bother to check out their website i linked which would have also proved you wrong. One click, can't bother that much? I suggest you research more than a "minute's googling" on the topic or at least watch some other videos too, not just BBC's since they are not politically neutral.

www.express.co.uk...

And by the way, just because they are anti-islam, it doesnt make them racist or a white supremacy group. Islam is a religion, not a race.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: elnikoz
Considering they number among their ranks people from such diverse backgrounds as former BNP members and C18 wannabes I think that, yes, it's safe to say that they are a racist, almost neo Nazi organisation.

I posted the Beeb video because some people will want to watch it through and make up their own minds. I watched it when it originally came out on the telly and to be fair to the BBC they looked as though they were trying to give BF a fair shake.

Whilst they have to be careful not to say or shout anything obviously illegal infront of camera, I've been alive long enough to get the subtext of a conversation with another human being.

You may not want to believe they are a bad bunch. That's your right, but there was far more diversity in the EDL than I ever saw in a group of BF folks. That tells a story all of it's own.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Kester

Terrible thing......but don't they have serious gun control? Aren't we being told that stops this sort of attack?

Huh......

Early eyewitness report said it looked like a home made gun or a very old one "Not like the sort of gun you see in films" I think he said.

Interesting, but even so, the gun restrictions didn't stop the shooter. Considering what one member here has stated, even the "good stuff" isn't really hard to find.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Law doesn’t stop people from shoplifting. It’s a deterrent of course, but people will steal stuff regardless if they are a kleptomaniac or hungry. Likewise, the law doesn’t apply to storing your grandfather’s 100-year-old gun in your loft - so technically the gun issue isn’t really much to argue about in this sense. The guy might as well have just had a knife, which he did have and did use. For that matter, knives have long been debated but it’s just nigh-on impossible to prevent such crimes from happening because sharp blades are an essential household tool, we’re certainly not going to be splicing a chicken with a plastic spoon. We could pretty much see in Marseilles last week that if somebody wants to hurt another then they will just grab what they can and use it, even if it’s a plastic spoon (or chair in this case). There is simply no way that we can compare this matter to the gun legislation in America, the contexts and environments are both completely different. Fact of the matter is, the guy either had an antique relic or he took something out of the Anarchist’s Cookbook, and parading around with either of those is dead-on illegal as it is.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
f it was a

originally posted by: 0hlord
How can someone do this to a wife and mother of two young children?

Would it have been better if it were a single man who had no children?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

way to take a comment out of context completely.

if it was a elderly, and the poster asked 'how could someone do this to an elderly' would you still insinuate the act would be justified if it was a younger person by the comment.

sheesh.

--

how how can anyone with a heart do something so heartless....
[there's only a few people alive with artificial hearts, are they more capable of such acts... please make another hyperbole ]

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Of all the 11 pages in this thread, mostly being me cooking up an atrocious degree of boiling oil, or something like that... he picks a post like that and say something like that. Ignore him, he just likes Trump more than women is all.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

The point is, the gun laws don't work, and they don't work here, either. Places with the most control over guns also have the higher rates of crime, including GUN crime. It's just a fact. Guns are a valid means of self defense. I can't defend against some young guy easily by myself, but with a gun, I can. The laws only prevent honest people from owning them. Crooks will always be crooks, and nuts will find a way.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yes, but if 1% of the civilian population owns a gun then it is probably for the well-being of all society that it either stays that way or goes down. This means that the majority of the police force would also not need to be routinely carrying guns either. Certainly, if the law changed overnight in England and suddenly an influx of shotguns appeared out of nowhere, half of people in the country would shoot themselves in the arse, and probably the faces afterwards for good measure, since they’ve probably never seen a real gun before let alone used one.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I've had two attempts from what I was told was "most likely a foreign intelligence agency". I'm past caring.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Possibly a homemade gun.

Images of two invoices published on the advocacy group’s website appeared to show orders for magazines from Thomas Mair, with an address in West Yorkshire.
One handbook Mair purchased included instructions on building a gun from everyday materials, according to the Southern Poverty Law Centre.
British media reported witnesses of the attack as saying that the assailant had used a gun of “old-fashioned” or “homemade” appearance.
One witness, cafe-owner Clarke Rothwell, told the Press Association that the gunman had shouted “put Britain first” repeatedly during the attack.
www.scmp.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone
In nature the males are more expendable.
edit on 17 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

edit on 17 6 2016 by Kester because: bad post

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: khnum

I've had two attempts from what I was told was "most likely a foreign intelligence agency". I'm past caring.

I dont care for myself but my two elderly parents have moved in with me,one thing is for sure one day they will create their own worst nightmare

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

To be frank, our murder by gun rate is a tiny fraction, per capita than that of the US.
So our laws work here.
That's not to say they are transferable to the US, nor that your laws would work here.
For one thing, I don't want all our cops to be carrying firearms. I like not having to worry about getting shot by an anxious cop who may be suffering from ptsd from thinking every traffic stop might be his or her last.

Finally, let's show a bit of class, eh? Politically she was on the other side from me, but the thought she may have become a target due to her views is abhorrent.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Whilst they have to be careful not to say or shout anything obviously illegal infront of camera, I've been alive long enough to get the subtext of a conversation with another human being.

You may not want to believe they are a bad bunch. That's your right, but there was far more diversity in the EDL than I ever saw in a group of BF folks. That tells a story all of it's own.

Wow. So basically theyre evil and racist just because you say so? Yeah sure you can have opinions but calling them a white supremacy group is a big #ing lie, and you have again failed to prove it, besides your personal opinions which are not facts. You are ignorant and not educated on the subject, and obviously you choose and want to be so.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: elnikoz

So you never watched the video then when the leader was trying to explain to the black woman that she could never be really British because she wasn't white?

Stop trying to defend the indefensible.
If you want to be in a white power group, that's your choice, but you can't expect those of us who think the concept is flawed and backward to applaud you for it.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: elnikoz

Seriously? Did you even watch the videos you posted? Obviously didnt because theres no mention of them being "right wing white supremacy group". Do you even know what that means? You do know that they have black members too? And you didnt even bother to check out their website i linked which would have also proved you wrong. One click, can't bother that much? I suggest you research more than a "minute's googling" on the topic or at least watch some other videos too, not just BBC's since they are not politically neutral.

www.express.co.uk...

And by the way, just because they are anti-islam, it doesnt make them racist or a white supremacy group. Islam is a religion, not a race.

I work with a member of Britain First - we don't talk politics or religion anymore! All i will say is that he hates being racist and claims not to be..........and then spouts nonsense about Muslims, Pakistani's, Europeans, etc, etc. If you walk the walk............

To be fair and balanced though, i will say that the marches he goes on and meetings he goes to have become much more popular since the Rotherham scandal came out - Britain First have been pretty on top of that situation, refusing to let it be swept under the carpet, etc. So, much as i hate to say, fair play to them there.......

Again though, wrong emphasis - they are concentrating on the Muslim gangs abusing kids (terrible but peado's are from all walks of life) rather than those that completely failed in their care of the vulnerable (Police, Social Services, Local Council).

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If you want to be in a white power group, that's your choice,

WTF dude?!! Now youre telling me Im a white supremacist you piece of #? Im not even white you #ing dumbass and maybe you should grow the # up and stop calling people racist!!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Why do pro gun advocates always assume that stricter gun laws means no gun death as a result.

It's like drink driving, we have laws to prevent it for a reason yet some people still go out driving drunk and kill. however without the law everybody could do it and drink driving deaths would skyrocket because it would be legal.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join