It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeh Johnson: Gun control is now a matter of homeland security

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And here it is folk... It didn't take them long to go after the Second Amendment...

By Rebecca Shabad CBS News June 14, 2016, 8:54 AM

Just days after the massacre in an Orlando nightclub left 49 people dead and 53 wounded, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Tuesday said that gun control is now a critical element of protecting the U.S. homeland and keeping Americans safe.

"We have to face the fact that meaningful gun control has to be a part of homeland security," Johnson said in an interview on "CBS This Morning." "We need to do something to minimize the opportunity for terrorists to get a gun in this country."

On the issue of people on the no-fly list and various other lists being able to purchase a weapon in the U.S., Johnson said, "I believe that that's something that has to be addressed."

Johnson said that President Obama is "frustrated" with the lack of action on preventing gun violence, but he's still "determined."

"I thought frankly after Sandy Hook where you have schoolchildren murdered in a classroom that maybe finally this will be the tipping point and we were not able to move the needle in Congress, unfortunately," Johnson said.

Efforts to make gun laws stricter have failed in Congress over the last decade. The assault weapons ban, for example, expired in 2004 and lawmakers have not renewed that legislation. Democrats on Capitol Hill have grown increasingly frustrated and on Monday evening, shouted down Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, after a moment of silence, demanding to know why the House isn't considering gun control legislation.

www.cbsnews.com...

This is outrageous, the Obama administration, and President Obama of course had to take advantage of this tragedy to go after the Second Amendment.

What I wonder is what DHS secretary Jeh Johnson has to say at all about the terror suspects with ties to Islamic extremists which the Obama administration ordered to be taken off the fly list, and their records sponged/erased but a Senator noticed and asked about it?...

Senator Chuck Grassley Inquiry into DHS terrorist Hands off List Dissapears from his Webpage.

Terrorist Sympathizer Obama Has DHS Delete Terrorist's Records!

Watchdog Sues DHS For Terrorist ‘Hands Off’ List

Hillary's State Dept. Blocked Investigation into Orlando Killer's Mosque

CONFIRMED: FBI Introduced Florida Shooter to “Informants”

So it has began... I wonder what the "no one is going after your guns" crowd have to say now... Probably something like "but it is necessary".

The only governments that do these kinds of things are those that are after no good at all.

edit on 14-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

edit on 15-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I agree to the fullest degree. No I'm not a liberal not a gun grabber but it is way too easy to get a gun. There needs to be better vetting. I purpose a stricter background check and also a fingerprint identifier for your gun so in the black market trade gets drastically smaller. We have fingerprint locks on phones why not guns?
edit on 2482016xJune000000Tuesday14America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jun 2016 23:57:42 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

We have to face the fact that meaningful gun control has to be a part of homeland security," Johnson said in an interview on "CBS This Morning." "We need to do something to minimize the opportunity for terrorists to get a gun in this country."

Jeh Johnson is a MORON.

San Bernadino terrorist attack they used a straw buyer.

The only fact we have to face is our country is ran by nothing but idiots.

Gun control is now a national security issue!

The surveillance state has FAILED. After all thats why the Patriot Act was created.

We have had over 80 years of gun control.

And not jut 8 years ago people like Johnson were saying how FASCIST no fly lists were under GW.

What's next ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Lets DNA check Obama

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So they are lax the shooter. Didn't fathom it could happen much? Incompetency at it's finest. Not the people responsible, but rather the citizens will take the brunt of it. Great just what the terrorists want, more no gun zones, more unarmed citizens. Hey more places to shoot up! Good go

edit on 15-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

I agree to the fullest degree. No I'm not a liberal not a gun grabber but it is way too easy to get a gun.

No it isn't.

I purpose a stricter background check and also a fingerprint identifier for your gun so in the black market trade gets drastically smaller.

That proposal violates about 10 different amendments.

But hey who cares about Americans civil liberties any way.

link   
Lets also disarm the secret service

link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I only want this quote, yours;

"This is outrageous, the Obama administration, and President Obama of course had to take advantage of this tragedy to go after the Second Amendment."

This tragedy was, set up by the FBI, with the help or instruction of the state department and obama using a known CIA asset's spawn as a motivating tool to install their agenda. Think on that for a minute. The president and state Department using your tax dollars to forge the chains to enslave you. Just an opinion mind you, but all the evidence is pointing that way.

It's truly a sick world.

ETA: The irony in all of this is that the people the government kill, innocent bystanders murdered, we're probably paying the taxes that paid for the bullets that killed them

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/15.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They want Americans to surrender their guns so terrorists can kill us unimpeded making all the good folks defenseless.. Sounds real American.

What retard hired that guy? OH................... yeah.................

Obama again.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So when is the open carry march to DC?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
DHS - Department of Homeland Stupidity
Isnt "Homeland" a term the Nazis used during WW2 ?
Thanks George (best thing you did in your list of Epic Epic failures)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Some Gun owners are disgusting, the fact that another killing spree has happened means nothing to them, just as long as they get theirs guns.

If your all legit and there is no reason to think your violent than what is the big deal if the government wants to make it harder for the insane and criminals to get guns?

I have no issue with people owning guns just as long they have had the training, have had a thorough background check and hopefully are mentally fit to own one.

Saw these on a meme and it is correct...

"gun don't kill people"

Well no sh*t

We want...mandatory safety courses for...PEOPLE, not guns.

We want...more thorough background checks of...PEOPLE, not guns.

We want...stricter negligence penalties imposed on...PEOPLE, guns.

If you're stupid enough to think activists are pi**ed at guns, you're too stupid to own one!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have no issue with people talking as long as they've had the training and a thorough background check and are mentally fit to use their brains.

You see how ridiculous I sound?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

How do you expect that to work when real terrorist threats with ties to Muslim extremists/radicals have been taken off the no-fly list?...
edit on 15-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I have no issue with people talking as long as they've had the training and a thorough background check and are mentally fit to use their brains.

You see how ridiculous I sound?

Yeah because someone walking into a room or club and opening their mouth has resulted in multiple deaths...a mass talking to people too death.

They are exactly the same the same thing.

Ugh, and you are a gun owner.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Point 1. Okay you can go to a gun show and get a gun in cash transaction with no hassle, buy a gun of the streets from criminals easy as hell. The Orlando shooter was obviously unstable, had a FBI investigation on him and still got a gun, an AR-15 no less

Point 2. Please name them. Seriously? I'm not saying people shouldn't own guns, especially law abiding decent people. Wouldn't it be awesome to know your gun is actually yours? No one could steal it or use it in a crime and you get punished. But I eagerly await to hear the 10.
edit on 2732016xJune000000Wednesday15America/ChicagoWed, 15 Jun 2016 00:34:16 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2742016xJune000000Wednesday15America/ChicagoWed, 15 Jun 2016 00:35:14 -0500 by BoxFulder because: two slight spelling errors

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
These liberals are divergent thinkers aren't they?
They want to measure ALL laws by the worst of us or the lowest common act ,based on ONLY it's possibility.
You DON'T get to do that,be offended we couldn't care less.
We are responsible for ourselves ALONE,no one else.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Point 1. Okay you can go to a gun show and get a gun in cash transaction with no hassle, buy a gun of the streets from criminals easy as hell. The Orlando shooter was obviously unstable, had a FBI investigation on him and still got a gun, an AR-15 no less

STRAWMAN because NOONE of the shooters used that means.

Point 2. Please name them. Seriously? I'm not saying people should own guns, especially law abiding decent people. Wouldn't it be awesome to know your gun is actually yours? No one could steal it or use it in a crime and you get punished. But I eagerly await to hear the 10.

That's another strawman because Marteen passed background check and security screenings.

Hell I will throw in Lanza a well that KILLED his mother to get his.

Then I will throw in the San Bernadino couple that used straw buyers.

Gunphobes need to lay off or at least KNOW what they are talking about.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

A rifle has never walked nor has it ever fired itself at anyone ever.

And yes...MULTIPLE and RESPONSIBLE gun owner.

Glad you are enjoying your freedom of speech as well!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Nothing is perfect sure people screw up, things get overlooked, people make mistakes. Its about minimizing risk. If you had a fingerprint gun and go hunting or use it protection legally AR-15, AK-47 whatever awesome. Its your gun do what you want. Only criminals should fear exposure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join