It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeh Johnson: Gun control is now a matter of homeland security

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

What will you do with the millions of guns already in circulation that don't have such technology on them? How are you going to fund this finger printing requirement?

Just a couple questions that come to mind if you want to seriously discuss your ideas...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

WTH wants to make every gun owner responsible for the idiots. If you a law abiding citizen, are mentally fit to own one and background checks have been thorough on you then don't worry about it.

People should NOT have to prove their worth to the state.

That can not be any more UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Rights are RIGHTS.

Our entire legal systems says charge someone with a crime, Then PROVE in a court of law in front of jury of their peers.

Feel free to keep using the Patriot Act 'excuse'.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It isn't the FBI, they are being made to do this by the state department. in this case it was Hillary Clinton who has been pushing FBI agents away from following real threats, and instead made FBI agents only focus on "mentally ill homeless threats". There is also the fact that the Obama administration has also ordered for real terrorists with ties to Islamic extremists to be taken off the no-fly list. FBI agents are being cut off from doing any investigating of real threats.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I love when lip Flappers have not clue how process is done in the US under our constitutional rights, only and act of congress can ban guns or control guns in the US.

Shady agencies and lip flappers do not count.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder

You are right you said Chicago which I equated in my mind with a gun free zone. I agree not all restrictions with guns work but my idea would work. What's the problem with a fingerprint gun lock?

Well, for one not only would a criminal steal my weapon, but cut off my finger, too, whether I'm dead or alive.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Not even Congress can do that. The framers of our Constitution stated clearly that no government can infringe upon these rights because they are God given, natural. These rights are not given by governments nor can governments take them, and if they do, it shows such a government is tyrannical.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Liberal logic:
We afwaid of gunz so pwease stop all law-abiding citizens from owning them (leaving only a corrupt Government, criminals, and terrorists armed).

Seems about right.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well said, that is why I said and act of congress, but then again the supreme court will always step in when it comes to amendments of the constitution.

When was the last time the Constitution was amended?

It is the most recent amendment to the United States Constitution. It was submitted to the states for ratification in September 1789 and became part of the United States Constitution in May 1992, a record setting period of 202 years, 7 months and 12 days.

Twenty-seventh Amendment to the United States Constitution

Gun control is the only way the gun grabbers can do damage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join