It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School calls police to stop 7-year-old kid from sharing Bible verses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

I'd say Daryllin and I have presented straight forward logical reason why sharing a religious belief to an impressionable minor is never OK.

Then we should stop preaching Transgender and Homosexuality in the same ages.

What the hell does that have to do with this thread?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Created
Now if they are trying to pass bibles and paper scriptures during the teachers teaching time or class work time or during class activities, then and only then it should be considered class "disruption" now this should be against the rules. But if they are doing it during free time or lunch time, talking about it or giving a bible out to someone that accepts it or not during their free time in school. This should NOT be a problem.

It is a problem for me. We are talking about kids from 5 to 12. I do not want my young impressionable kid hearing about God belief from anyone but me. Especially from one of his friends where he's going to happily accept what they say to him. Then comes the pain and confusion of telling him not to listen to his friend.

Atheists children should also be allowed to say I don't believe in God...

Why would I want that? Its just as inappropriate as a kid Proselytizing his God belief.

Religious freedom gives you the right to speak and express it.

Actually its Freedom of Speech. I researched it.

For if anyone greets me in the public, Hi how are you doing?" My response may well be," Jesus is good to me."
If this offends you........sorry but this is my answer.

Are you an impressionable minor in a captive situation among your peers?

With no adult supervision - - telling you each person can have their own personal belief - - you don't need to accept your friends belief.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Of course you didn't say it. But you felt those negative emotions and that compelled and facilitated the flavors of your statements, responses, opinions, etc.

It's clear as day that your "Spiritualism" is founded upon negatives like anger and resentment, which is ok in moderation but it becomes a vice when you allow it to guide over 95% of your dictations. It's creating a "control freak mentality" and this is extremely unhealthy.

Forgive me for making this ad hominem but I want to get to the Heart of the matter, your Heart. Your opinions are a mere symptom of the root cause, a broken shattered hopelessness within.

I Love you. And I'm sorry the world sucks... I feel that way very often too but I resist vehemently all urges to become bitter and angry. You should try resisting too.

It's hard to get Love and tolerance when you pour Hate from your Heart Annee, but I'll Love you sincerely to show you it doesn't have to be that way despite knowing it's extremely unlikely you'll try something different for a change.

And you certainly failed to present any logic or reasoning justifying the prohibition of free exercise of religion, as children (and adults) should be free to talk about it to each other.

You need to deal with the fact other people disagree with your narrow views and take the responsibility to teach your kid anytime someone else informs them of something.

It's like you are so terrified of the possibility that someone might educate your child about something you have no valid argument to dispute it with that you are willing to preach the extremist view that no one should be allowed to tell your kid anything you might have to disagree with to the extent of abusing our law enforcement system to use force against them for saying a few words like "God".

It's tyrannical. Will you ever admit you were in error? You know you were wrong and even had to eat your own words, is Pride really worth it when there's nothing left to be Proud of??

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: muzzleflash

So your system of "Spiritualism" is founded upon hatefulness, resentment, anger, jealousy, and tyranny?

Did I say that?

That is so ironic considering you rejected the Bible for that exact reason.

The bible is a selected collection of translated/mis-translated ancient script stories.

Sometimes you become the monster you sought to destroy...

Is that what complete Separation of Church and State is?

You're being very abusive towards nearly everyone.
Love and tolerance is the answer, not Hate and discrimination.

I'd say Daryllin and I have presented straight forward logical reason why sharing a religious belief to an impressionable minor is never OK.

Yeah, like I'm getting lots of love and tolerance

But that is a double edge sword there. The idea of no God, Heaven, and Hell. As a child made me think many a times that life didn't really matter and that suicide is a very good option. Or that it didn't matter at times, if I did wrong things. These were my thoughts as a growing "CHILD" when I heard the talks of there being no God. As a child, this actually made me scared and depressed. And let's face it, not bringing it up to a child, is also not preparing them for the other children that will bring it up due to what they believe or how they are raised. This way they no not to hate them, for their beliefs or differences. It's like saying, I won't teach my child about discrimination or racism, until they are old enough to decide for themselves on what do to. They need to make there own decisions about it when they are older. In life people are going to hear.... the teachings or comments of others, so be prepared to teach them 'yourself' or others will.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Of course you didn't say it. But you felt those negative emotions and that compelled and facilitated the flavors of your statements, responses, opinions, etc.

It's clear as day that your "Spiritualism" is founded upon negatives like anger and resentment, which is ok in moderation but it becomes a vice when you allow it to guide over 95% of your dictations. It's creating a "control freak mentality" and this is extremely unhealthy.

You do speculate and read into stuff.

Pretty much none of your interpretations of me are correct.

My Spiritualism comes from having OBEs and other Paranormal (for lack of better word) experiences since first memory.

edit on 10-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It is a problem for me. We are talking about kids from 5 to 12. I do not want my young impressionable kid hearing about God belief from anyone but me.

Tough cookies, this is America, a Free Society.

You have no Power to control what others say. None. Deal with it.

People will tell your kid about God. You as a parent must face this fact responsibly.

You are essentially crying for complete tyranny for the express purpose of avoiding your own duty as a parent so you don't have to teach your kid anything and can let them be a mindless slave to your fallacious doctrines.

It's abusive behavior and you're losing grip on basic reality.

You must deal with the fact you cannot control what others say. It's pure insanity and utterly preposterous to even think you can or should even try controlling such a thing.

Learn to be a responsible adult and a parent. If you teach your child properly NO AMOUNT of BS will ever confuse or manipulate them. Bottom line.

This control freak stuff needs to come to an end. It's unbelievably irresponsible and immature.
edit on 6/10/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Created

But that is a double edge sword there. The idea of no God, Heaven, and Hell. As a child made me think many a times that life didn't really matter and that suicide is a very good option.

My response was to Daryllyn because it related to what she said.

This thread is not about my belief.

But, I don't agree with anything you just said.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

We are not going to agree, OK?

What you keep projecting that I am - - is coming from your mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It is a problem for me. We are talking about kids from 5 to 12. I do not want my young impressionable kid hearing about God belief from anyone but me. /quote]

Tough cookies, this is America, a Free Society.

You have no Power to control what others say. None. Deal with it.

People will tell your kid about God. You as a parent must face this fact responsibly.

You are essentially crying for complete tyranny for the express purpose of avoiding your own duty as a parent so you don't have to teach your kid anything and can let them be a mindless slave to your fallacious doctrines.

It's abusive behavior and you're losing grip on basic reality.

You must deal with the fact you cannot control what others say. It's pure insanity and utterly preposterous to even think you can or should even try controlling such a thing.

Learn to be a responsible adult and a parent. If you teach your child properly NO AMOUNT of BS will ever confuse or manipulate them. Bottom line.

This control freak stuff needs to come to an end. It's unbelievably irresponsible and immature.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome political way to say it. While I said it in a more faithful manner, see if what I say resonates with you.

Now if they are trying to pass bibles and paper scriptures during the teachers teaching time or class work time or during class activities, then and only then it should be considered class "disruption" now this should be against the rules. But if they are doing it during free time or lunch time, talking about it or giving a bible out to someone that accepts it or not during their free time in school. This should NOT be a problem. Let us be reasonable. Atheists children should also be allowed to say I don't believe in God... sorry. Atheists should also be allowed to speak this and say this during their free time in response or even say keep it to yourself. If an Atheist want's to write this down on a piece of paper and pass it to someone during there free time in school. For example GOD is not real. This also should not be against the rules or pass out a Sam Harris book against religion to someone. Same thing.

Religious freedom gives you the right to speak and express it. Now does that mean people will want to hear you or accept it? No....they can just ignore you and not make simple conversation about it with you or they will not be your friends for sure. Or in this case just ignore the scriptures and bibles that they are trying to share. Or what some of them might do is accept and just toss the bibles in the trash or corner of there house and never look upon it. NOW what it doesn't give you the right is try to make the "BELIEF" of Jesus as law. As in say a law or policy like....."You must believe that Jesus Christ is LORD and SAVIOR or you will not be allowed to use this PUBLIC BATHROOM. And that is the distinction that you don't seem to understand.

Let's be reasonable here, in simple conversations among kids all "types" of topics get brought up and they should be allowed to! Or they should be allowed to share a Bible or a Sam Harris book if they like during their free time. If someone wants to wear a shirt that has a cross symbol on it this should be allowed. If someone wants to wear a shirt that says Atheism. This should be allowed. Must they take away everything that make us WHO WE ARE or WHAT WE LIKE and you are just letting them! We are trying to protect them so much, that we are making them weak against what really counts and that is their right to freedom of speech and religion. Take away this and we are making them 'weaker'. OH BUT THEN THE MINORITIES WILL BE BULLIED THEY SAY. No offence but as a kid, I got bullied for being poor, for being shy, for being quiet, for being a nerd, for not being popular, for not having a girl friend, for being a virgin, for not ditching class, for NOT JOINING A GANG. For doing what is RIGHT. Spare me this silliness of don't pass out a bible scripture during lunch time.....this is not allowed.

Let us not lean to far in one direction that we lose sight of the "REAL" problems in school. Next they'll say no talking about Jesus or Buddha or Atheism during lunch time. Let us not put our children in some type of box, in hopes of some misguided false protection, against what really is going on with the preservation of our individuality of freedom.

For if anyone greets me in the public, Hi how are you doing?" My response may well be," Jesus is good to me." If this offends you........sorry but this is my answer. If your word is keep it to yourself! To late, I have already shared the GOOD NEWS. Whether you believe it or not....it is up to you.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It has a lot to do with it.

You preach that not only pushing the transgender religion on children is good, but that the government should preach it and offer funding for sex changes - to children.

It shows how hypocritical and unfair you truly have become.

On one hand you think it's ok to push your beliefs on others (with government sanction and enforcement) yet on the other hand, want to censor virtually everyone who disagrees or has alternative views from even expressing themselves on their own free time.

You're unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It has a lot to do with it.

You preach that not only pushing the transgender religion on children is good, but that the government should preach it and offer funding for sex changes - to children.

It shows how hypocritical and unfair you truly have become.

On one hand you think it's ok to push your beliefs on others (with government sanction and enforcement) yet on the other hand, want to censor virtually everyone who disagrees or has alternative views from even expressing themselves on their own free time.

You're unbelievable.

I'm not really sure what your problem is.

But, I will be moving along now.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Whatever my mind projects tends (usually) to be realistic and accurate. In this case I've nailed you.

We are going to agree, because you want to think you're always right so I'll teach you how to be right by defeating your desire to control others speech you disagree with (by abusing law enforcement and government).

I proved the Law disagreed completely with you, and you realized that and backpedaled a little then decided to drop the "it's the law" and "I agree with the law" angle so you could continue professing tyrannical views.

You realize the law disagreed so now argue from the "it ought to be this way" view, without saying "should or ought" because that would mean you admit you just got schooled and were proven by fact to be Wrong.

You are now saying you're not gonna argue anymore and want to exit the debate (under false pretenses) because you know you're getting crushed yet simply refuse to admit you were wrong.

We don't disagree at all Annee. We both agree you had it wrong. It's so obvious and simple.

Now it's all about pride, stubbornness, and embarrassment. Really no one cares except you and me, so stop feeling foolish and silly.

Just admit what we both know and agree to: that you lost this battle.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Whatever my mind projects tends (usually) to be realistic and accurate. In this case I've nailed you.

You aren't even close.

I proved the Law disagreed completely with you, and you realized that and backpedaled a little then decided to drop the "it's the law" and "I agree with the law" angle so you could continue professing tyrannical views.

I told you I was reading and researching. I'm not back peddling. I stated in a post that its under Free Speech. But, it is not absolute. There can be rules put in place as to when/how/time - - it can't cause disruption, but Free Speech must be accommodated.

So, YES, technically you are correct.

You are now saying you're not gonna argue anymore and want to exit the debate (under false pretenses) because you know you're getting crushed yet simply refuse to admit you were wrong.

NO, you're going off on tangents that aren't even part of the debate.

I don't get caught up in those.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Why shouldn't she be allowed to send such notes with her kid?

This is pure crap.. to make an issue out of this. It all boils down to freedom of speech, if this kid wants to recite bible verses there should be nothing stopping her/him from doing it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

They are all belief systems that directly impact society by attempting indoctrination on minds too young to comprehend. I brought it as a parallel that I thought may have you reconsider your quote above

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

They are all belief systems that directly impact society by attempting indoctrination on minds too young to comprehend. I brought it as a parallel that I thought may have you reconsider your quote above

Civil Rights is not a belief system.

Transgender is not a belief system.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: AccessDenied

Why shouldn't she be allowed to send such notes with her kid?

This is pure crap.. to make an issue out of this. It all boils down to freedom of speech, if this kid wants to recite bible verses there should be nothing stopping her/him from doing it.

Freedom of speech is the law.

But, I will continue to support ZERO religion in government. That would mean public schools as well.

Religion is a personal choice. People can believe whatever they want.

But, it does not belong in a secular government.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Neither of those things have anything to with a woman indoctrinating children that she didn't give birth to.

Let me tell you what you have done here, though... You've shown your own intolerance for lifestyles that you are afraid of, because they make you uncomfortable.... Probably because of your own insecurity in your sexuality.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But this kid isn't a government official dudette..

I think I'm beginning to take this whole clone hypothesis more seriously now..

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

But this kid isn't a government official dudette..

I think I'm beginning to take this whole clone hypothesis more seriously now..

No, he's just a kid.

The school is government.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join