It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School calls police to stop 7-year-old kid from sharing Bible verses

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, but he's as free to talk about the Bible as I'm to talk about the latest Transformers movie. And his mother is just as free to send bible verses with her kid to school. She isn't indoctrinating anyone.

Those other kids were asking the kid for bible verses, that's not indoctrination either. That's just free will. But I don't know why he didn't just tell them to google that sh*t.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Personally, I think it wasn't the verses so much as it was the idea that they were in awe that his mom cared about him that much. Not many parents take that kind of time for their kids anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Yeah, but he's as free to talk about the Bible as I'm to talk about the latest Transformers movie. And his mother is just as free to send bible verses with her kid to school. She isn't indoctrinating anyone.

Those other kids were asking the kid for bible verses, that's not indoctrination either. That's just free will. But I don't know why he didn't just tell them to google that sh*t.

Of course the kids are asking for whatever he's giving out. They're kids. They're his classmates.

However, they are also minors. They are being fed propaganda without parental consent.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Personally, I think it wasn't the verses so much as it was the idea that they were in awe that his mom cared about him that much. Not many parents take that kind of time for their kids anymore.

Uh, NO!

Its that he was handing out religious material.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

oh that's funny.

Kinda like what's been going on with the Gov Run Taxpayer Funded School Institution pushing 2 genders to act like 1 has been going on propaganda without parental consent?

Sheesh

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

oh that's funny.

Kinda like what's been going on with the Gov Run Taxpayer Funded School Institution pushing 2 genders to act like 1 has been going on propaganda without parental consent?

Sheesh

There's homeschooling. Feel free.

Many countries do not offer free education. Public education is a privilege.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Don't be ridiculous, it's not propaganda. If they take an interest that's their prerogative. It's not propaganda and it's not presented as propaganda either, it's simply information - information that was ASKED FOR. Using this criteria for propaganda and I'm afraid the school will have to throw out all their books.

It's no difference than a kid handing out stories he himself has written, or pictures of zebras.

Without parental consent? You're showing that totalitarian streak of yours again. Kids don't need everything they're exposed to to go through the approval of their parents. But I wish you showed the same kind of zeal regarding state propaganda in schools, that would actually be positive.

I already know your biased against Christians and it's really showing here. You would have no problem with a kid speaking about some cartoon he saw, and as far as freedom of speech/freedom of expression is concerned they shouldn't be treated any differently either.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"Tell the children he truth…
Tell the children the truth:
Babylon system is the vampire."
--Bob Marley (converted to Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity)

Alexis de Tocqueville, (1805-1859) the French social philosopher visited America to discover the reasons for our incredible success.  "Democracy in America" (1838)

"Upon my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things.

In France, I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country.

Religion in America...must be regarded as the foremost of the political institutions of that country; for if it does not impart a taste for freedom, it facilitates the use of it. Indeed, it is in this same point of view that the inhabitants of the United States themselves look upon religious belief.

I do not know whether all Americans have a sincere faith in their religion -- for who can search the human heart? But I am certain that they hold it to be indispensable to the maintenance of republican institutions. This opinion is not peculiar to a class of citizens or a party, but it belongs to the whole nation and to every rank of society.

In the United States, the sovereign authority is religious...there is no country in the world where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America, and there can be no greater proof of its utility and of its conformity to human nature than that its influence is powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth.

In the United States, the influence of religion is not confined to the manners, but it extends to the intelligence of the people...

Christianity, therefore, reigns without obstacle, by universal consent...

I sought for the key to the greatness and genius of America in her harbors...; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution.

Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power.

America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great. 

The safeguard of morality is religion, and morality is the best security of law as well as the surest pledge of freedom.

The Americans combine the notions of Christianity and of liberty so intimately in their minds, that it is impossible to make them conceive the one without the other

Christianity is the companion of liberty in all its conflicts -- the cradle of its infancy, and the divine source of its claims."

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
--John Adams

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Don't be ridiculous, it's not propaganda. If they take an interest that's their prerogative.

What part of "minor" do you not understand?

I guarantee you if this kid was promoting Atheism or Wiccan - - - parents would be marching to the school board.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

oh that's funny.

Sheesh

I could say the same thing to you annee. If you don't like that people have the Freedom and Right to talk freely, then simply go elsewhere, perhaps where the agenda you agree with fits with your lifestyle.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

oh that's funny.

Sheesh

I could say the same thing to you annee. If you don't like that people have the Freedom and Right to talk freely, then simply go elsewhere, perhaps where the agenda you agree with fits with your lifestyle.

I'm not talking People.

These are grade school kids. Minors.

They should not be indoctrinated with religion by anyone but their parents.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What part of free speech don't you understand?

So what if he's a minor.. he can say whatever he wants whether it has anything to do with the bible or not. It simply falls under the aegis of free speech and that's the end of it.

But I take it you want to micromanage everything kids are exposed to like a good little fascist.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

What part of free speech don't you understand?

So what if he's a minor?

Just gonna let that stand.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yeah. So? Him being a minor doesn't come into it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Perhaps there are children who found God all by their lonesome, like Akiane.

Who consequently grew up and homeschooled with Atheist Parents.

Children do that, don't stop Children from doing what comes naturally to them, which is sharing things with others that inspire them. Don't they teach children to share anymore? And when they do that, they get into trouble from idiot adults.

edit on 6/10/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I'm utterly devastated by the Fact the majority of you (otherwise seemingly intelligent individuals) are so bias and resentful that you are essentially promoting the prohibition of the Free Exercise of Religion, therefore promoting a tyrannical view that is Unconstitutional.

It terrifies me in a way that's difficult to describe, because I know this is all based on partiality and the desire to forcibly control others and limit the sharing of information, purely because you don't like it.

I don't even agree with banning you wanting to talk about banning everyone else's freedom.
Though I do believe the majority of you need to be chewed out and scolded for this travesty.

You ought to be ashamed.
This Constitution is extremely important and our society NEEDS IT.

I agree!
Its scary that more and more so called Americans are encouraging restrictions of freedom of speech whenever a Christian opens their mouths. Its insane! People hate Christians so much now that freedom goes out the window to get rid of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nythinker

Its scary that more and more so called Americans are encouraging restrictions of freedom of speech whenever a Christian opens their mouths. Its insane! People hate Christians so much now that freedom goes out the window to get rid of them.

And again - - we all know what would happen if this kid was a Wiccan handing out spells.

Its not about Christians.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
IF you want to preach, preach to adults and not 7,8 year old kids which are prone to believing in Santa',s fairies. The School and the police did the right thing. You have absolutely no right to indoctrinate another persons child, especially a child who is immature and incapable of making his own decisions , considering his age.

There is a huge difference between freedom of speech and indoctrinating other peoples kids with religious BS..
edit on 10-6-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nythinker

And again - - we all know what would happen if this kid was a Wiccan handing out spells.

Its not about Christians.

IF this was a Muslim priest handling our Quranic versus in school to their kids, i bet 90% of these folks would be enraged
edit on 10-6-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well I'm glad it is settled. If a child wants to talk about Jesus or quote Jesus to another child during lunch time or the play ground. The child is allowed because freedom of speech. I'm glad this has been settled here.

Besides Jesus is a historical figure......waits for the pseudo mythicists that Jesus did not exist....LOL Even the most skeptical scholars say the man existed and the most historical fact was that he was crucified. So children don't have to preach his "DEITY' or God self of believing in him. But can speak about him on just the grounds of his historicity and his moral/ethical teachings.

Ha ha religious haters.....
edit on 10-6-2016 by Created because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join