It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School calls police to stop 7-year-old kid from sharing Bible verses

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Created
Besides Jesus is a historical figure......waits for the pseudo mythicists that Jesus did not exist....LOL Even the most skeptical scholars say the man existed and the most historical fact was that he was crucified.

There is a huge difference between the historical Jesus and the myth Jesus.

I seriously doubt this kid was handing out real historical facts of the man most historians believe is the basis of the myth.

So you're all 100% in favor of a kid handing out Wicca spells at lunchtime.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: AccessDenied

It's hardly expression of religious freedom if you aren't allowed to express it..and must KEEP it to yourself..lol

Your idea of religious freedom is like saying a smoker has the right to exhale their smoke directly into someone elses lungs without consent. They have every right to smoke, but you can not do things like this.

Religious freedom does not mean you can go around spreading lies and propaganda and hate speech.

Also, isn't attempted brainwashing (trying to recruit into your cult) a crime of some sort?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Annee

Of course you didn't say it. But you felt those negative emotions and that compelled and facilitated the flavors of your statements, responses, opinions, etc.

It's clear as day that your "Spiritualism" is founded upon negatives like anger and resentment, which is ok in moderation but it becomes a vice when you allow it to guide over 95% of your dictations. It's creating a "control freak mentality" and this is extremely unhealthy.

Forgive me for making this ad hominem but I want to get to the Heart of the matter, your Heart. Your opinions are a mere symptom of the root cause, a broken shattered hopelessness within.

I Love you. And I'm sorry the world sucks... I feel that way very often too but I resist vehemently all urges to become bitter and angry. You should try resisting too.

It's hard to get Love and tolerance when you pour Hate from your Heart Annee, but I'll Love you sincerely to show you it doesn't have to be that way despite knowing it's extremely unlikely you'll try something different for a change.

And you certainly failed to present any logic or reasoning justifying the prohibition of free exercise of religion, as children (and adults) should be free to talk about it to each other.

You need to deal with the fact other people disagree with your narrow views and take the responsibility to teach your kid anytime someone else informs them of something.

It's like you are so terrified of the possibility that someone might educate your child about something you have no valid argument to dispute it with that you are willing to preach the extremist view that no one should be allowed to tell your kid anything you might have to disagree with to the extent of abusing our law enforcement system to use force against them for saying a few words like "God".

It's tyrannical. Will you ever admit you were in error? You know you were wrong and even had to eat your own words, is Pride really worth it when there's nothing left to be Proud of??

You speak as someone with great insight. The word spiritualism I think you mean to say spirituality. Spirtualism is actually a form of of divination and part of the occult arts and full of demons, which know doubt Annie is full of. And I would not doubt if Satan himself or some other demon speaks through him on everything he discusses here.

Also, since you shared your love for Annie, I want to tell you, while he does not love, or know how to love, I do. And I love you too.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Created
Besides Jesus is a historical figure......waits for the pseudo mythicists that Jesus did not exist....LOL Even the most skeptical scholars say the man existed and the most historical fact was that he was crucified.

There is a huge difference between the historical Jesus and the myth Jesus.

I seriously doubt this kid was handing out real historical facts of the man most historians believe is the basis of the myth.

So you're all 100% in favor of a kid handing out Wicca spells at lunchtime.

You missed my point. In the Gospels outside of his statements of beliefs in himself for salvation(Jesus) there are many quotes of his philosophy and ethical/moral conducts in the gospels. So my point stands that kids can still speak about him with regards to bringing him up to others. And even bring up his Crucifixion!!!! So maybe your right and these kids didn't and brought up scripture about prayer and or salvation, but at least in the 'future' they can with regards to his other aspects! And this point you cannot dismiss.......but you will try because you are a 'hater'.

Too bad....so sad. As you are wrong a lot in this thread as it has been noticed.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Created

Would you be saying the same if the kid was attempting to push Islam or satanism at school?.
I think not.
Oh and why attack Anne? She is right no preaching allowed in public schools....
Or do you want every other religion pushed on your kids?.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Would you be saying the same if the kid was attempting to push Islam or satanism at school?.
I think not.
Oh and why attack Anne? She is right no preaching allowed in public schools....
Or do you want every other religion pushed on your kids?.

Yes of course. For me it is not a pushing but just conversation and sharing to understand and get to know one another. So yes. If a Buddhist child is with a Christian child during lunch time they can be friends and share their beliefs and talk about it if they want. Plus this will help them and prepare them for their future interactions with other people. Yes sometimes kid argue or disagreements will happen. It happens with everything but such is life. But that is the point to prepare them for life, not hide it or take it away.

But my point remains that a child can speak about Jesus and his crucifixion, from a historical perspective. If you don't like it sorry....but to bad. Waits for the psuedo mythicism Jesus to creep in......LOL.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Created because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I did not miss your point.

We're talking about 7 year olds, not high school.

The mother is giving the kid scriptures. He is not thinking for himself.

You'd think the same if the kids mom was giving him Wiccan spells to hand out?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And in the meantime,at this kids school,there are men thinking they're women in the woman's room and vice a versa.Yet the police are called over bible verses?Sigh...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
And in the meantime,at this kids school,there are men thinking they're women in the woman's room and vice a versa.Yet the police are called over bible verses?Sigh...

You mean like these two m/f transgender girls?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah,loathsome,I mean wholesome American kids.I think when Mr.Trump takes over your pervert paradise would have seen it's best days gone by.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Do you believe that the christian times article portrayed what happened accurately without leaving out any important details?

Such as? What are you pointing towards?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

ya, genocide ordered by god is on thing

So that's appropriate?

not everything in the bible is suitable for a child that young. and I bet I could pick out some verses that christians really wouldn't like being shared in their school with their children

Probably you could quote more than a few.

from the OP

has gained attention from his friends at school with the encouraging notes containing Bible versesthat his mother packed alongside his lunch.

Doesn't seem like the child was telling his friends that "they are sinners and must repent"

Is this a form of indoctrination or abuse - what about non-consensual medical intervention against the child (vaccinations).
Do the children give their implicit or direct consent. Where's the outcry?

www.who.int...

Freedoms include the right to control one’s health and body (e.g. sexual and reproductive rights) and to be free from interference (e.g. free from torture and from non-consensual medical treatment and experimentation).

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

If this were a Muslim kid, I doubt the Christian media would even mention it, let alone spin it and condemn it.

This is a very worrying trend - the blackout of Musilim actions and any reference to Islam. Usually reference is made to "criminal activities", rarely are the Mullahs held to account for not denouncing unequivocally the actions of their followers.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
WOW... WTF... the first page of this OP is filled with folks saying, basically... "This isn't that big a deal... they should just ask the mom to stop putting the notes in his lunchbox... etc... etc..."

What the hell is wrong with you people?

First off... I am NOT Christian...but what country do you think we live in? North Korea?

How many ways is the school, and the Sheriff, infringing on this kids rights? It is a LONG list.

What the SCHOOL does, teaches, and requires within policy, can not be of a religious nature. People... you really think it's appropriate for a public school to be the arbiter of a child's religious beliefs? His mom can put any kind of f*****g religious note she wants in HER kids lunchbox... if other kids are curious... tough beans.

If the kids parents were members of the Church of Satan, or Church of Scientology... yeah... it would bother me, having this kid having religious quotes in his lunchbox, and sharing them with other kids. But it's STILL no one elses business but the child and his families. Doesn't matter whether folks like it or not.

If there's an issue, it's between that child and his parents, and any other kids and their parents.

I hope the school district gets sued into bankruptcy... and whoever in the Sheriff's Department "thought police" section allowed that visit gets fired for infringement of Civil Rights.

No folks... this IS a big deal. Why haven't slid completely into being a police state under totalitarian rule... yet. Be we are well on our way.

Learn what the hell your Civil Rights ARE. Or be prepared to lose them all.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Mountain out of a molehill. The school only needed to ask the mother not to send them in the lunch. I'm all for freedom of religion, but keep it to yourself.

She did. She packed verses for her son in his lunch. She did not send her son out with a bible and a soapbox. The fact that other kids saw them and liked them so much that they requested some for themselves is no threat to anyone and since they liked them so much obviously not offensive to them. But hey, lets call the cops on this kid because he gave themthese verses outside of the school grounds..

Admit it. it is just messed up. Im agnostic and i dont care much for theology and i can easily admit this.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn

well you said that unspoken "rules" are tolerated

it might not be a law, but we all know that our society operateswith many unspoken rules, and indoctrinating other people's children certainly falls underneath that umbrella, as something that just should not be done.

Even though inappropriate many children get bullied for being different. ie they don't participate in sports;
a father preaches hell fire to his children, they repeat the same to their school friends and taunt them they are "going to hell". By not speaking out against some coercive behaviour aren't we allowing bullying to perpetuate?

from the article

C was also reprimanded in two instances in front of the whole class and sent home in tears

Is this appropriate?. You can't on the hand say its black and white and in the next breath say we get along with "unspoken rules"

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

and it's not as if the bible is filled with new ideas that need to be shared far and wide.

So schools these days share new ideas? Could have fooled me. All I see is happy robot camps - no dissent or discourse allowed.

I see little of the old ideas of "taking responsibility". I see many new ideas like everyone's special, everyone gets to pass,
there are no wrong or right answers, there are no ethics or morals discussed. I see plenty of sex, I see plenty of "what do your parents know?". Fed a constant diet of TV where the most they aspire to is being the next "gangsta" or "pole dancer" sadly only ending up in minimum wage jobs.

I work as a teacher in Australia, and I completely disagree with this statement.

Perhaps in your country, and perhaps in some schools, but not where I work.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
You are still making a huge stretch here, trying to make it look like I support bullying, when that simply isn't true.

If you go out any farther on that limb of yours, you'll fall right out of the tree.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

and it's not as if the bible is filled with new ideas that need to be shared far and wide.

So schools these days share new ideas? Could have fooled me. All I see is happy robot camps - no dissent or discourse allowed.

I see little of the old ideas of "taking responsibility". I see many new ideas like everyone's special, everyone gets to pass,
there are no wrong or right answers, there are no ethics or morals discussed. I see plenty of sex, I see plenty of "what do your parents know?". Fed a constant diet of TV where the most they aspire to is being the next "gangsta" or "pole dancer" sadly only ending up in minimum wage jobs.

I work as a teacher in Australia, and I completely disagree with this statement.

Perhaps in your country, and perhaps in some schools, but not where I work.

Not in my Southern CA grade school either.

But, there are areas like that.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone
Do any of you realize what freedom of speech and religion means? It does NOT mean that you are free to discuss what you want while hiding in your home. It means you can discuss ANY aspect of ANY religion with whomever you please. Does not mean they have to agree with you but you cant, or at least shouldn't, be in any sort of lawful trouble for expressing your views. Which you know down the road will eventually lead to police beating people for "resisting" their order to stop talking about, or preaching( as some of you would deem it) their religious beliefs. For the love of (insert your "god" here). There are so much bigger issues in the world right now but the media giants have you all so worked up over nonsense that your ready to call for war on the 1st amendment. All so you could be more f*@$!*$* politically correct. Go pound sand. OK rant over. Carry on.

Peace and God Bless
--Fluke

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join