It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Pictures from Iraq...too gross for ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC AND CNN???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, here's some pictures of cute Iraqi children, from the BBC. I'm sure they'll be glad to hold a saying how much they like Mr. Boosh. Enjoy, you *bleep*ers...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1/19/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Yeah, here's some pictures of cute Iraqi children, from the BBC. I'm sure they'll be glad to hold a saying how much they like Mr. Boosh. Enjoy, you *bleep*ers...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1/19/2005 by Flinx]

Look I am not saying that it is't bad. It is ... I am saying that for all the people who have family over tehre it would be nice that from time to time we hear some good news ... Like, I dunno ... They are coming home. But you sit there on your high horse .... you haven't the testiculat fortitude to pick up a gun and go over there and neitehr did I ... so we can't really say # about how it is or is not.

When you join up .. then maybe .... someone will care what you think of us. Until then, you don't understand why we post this ... you aren't under the risk of never seeing your family members again!!!!!

*Z*

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What farleft media,there is none in the us except for a few internet ones!!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A few trees dont make a forrest!!!

Most people here dont stop to amaze me with their ignorance.

May God never stop to bless americans because, my god, they will eventually have to come their senses sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Bottom line is, for every pic of a car bomb going off, there is an equal of a school being repaired, kids running and playing and coalition soldiers doing good things. The media sells more papers and ad time with the bad stuff, simple as that. And I say that being a person against this war too!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Bottom line is, for every pic of a car bomb going off, there is an equal of a school being repaired, kids running and playing and coalition soldiers doing good things. The media sells more papers and ad time with the bad stuff, simple as that. And I say that being a person against this war too!

I am totally against this war. I think it is stupid and very ver pointless. None the less, I pray for everyone o come home safe, and to see something being done worth while over there. If we are going to be over tehre .. we need to get something worth a Sh** done.

*Z*

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Is this what you kep telling urself?? The country is in ruines,depleted uranium all over the place, terrorist blowing them selves up and falluja is a ghost town.
Do you think a few schools here and there will make up for the damage done to Iraq???be realistic.Life has become alot harder for the iraqis in all ways.Oh yes Media lets you see americans help building a school and giving away candy but a few trees doesnt make a forrest.
Even when in the future the oil is being suffiently distributed most of the money will be spent on the US occupation and their iraqi slaves that help them for a few well needed bucks.

Have a mind of ur own instead of repeating what politicians and media tell you.

Be realistic and be a little sharper then the 90% of your countrymen.
And maybe you will see the truth between all the BS.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
not at all what i expected to see, yet...your right....youll never see these on the news. not good tv, i guess

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, over in Iraq and some Islamic country's the thumbs up is what the middle finger is in the US..

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Is this what you kep telling urself?? The country is in ruines,depleted uranium all over the place, terrorist blowing them selves up and falluja is a ghost town.
Do you think a few schools here and there will make up for the damage done to Iraq???be realistic.Life has become alot harder for the iraqis in all ways.Oh yes Media lets you see americans help building a school and giving away candy but a few trees doesnt make a forrest.
Even when in the future the oil is being suffiently distributed most of the money will be spent on the US occupation and their iraqi slaves that help them for a few well needed bucks.

Okay ... look ... maybe you need to take in to consideration the state this country has been in for years. We aren't making more damage then what their old leaders were doing ... at least we are trying to clean some of this BS up .... You really think it was all sunshine and roses under Sadaam???

*Z*

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerinity

Okay ... look ... maybe you need to take in to consideration the state this country has been in for years. We aren't making more damage then what their old leaders were doing ... at least we are trying to clean some of this BS up .... You really think it was all sunshine and roses under Sadaam???

*Z*

Im not saying it was a picnic under sadams regime but the US dont have the right to even be there.atleast under sadam the people knew what they had.Now they see there land is in ruines and dont know what the future has in store for them.This is gonna be a long and continuing clash, a querilla war just like vietnam. And the real victims,as always in a war,are not the ones fighting each other but the women and children who would rather live in peace more then anything.

The bottom line is that the US made things alot worse on the short and long term for most iraqi civilians!!and for what???? WMD that never have been found!give me a break, its all about geologic economic and political reasons.You really think dubya gives a rats ass about these people??He doesnt even care about his own people while preaching his crusade for freedom and liberty arround the world. Its the motivation that counts and if this motivation was based on integrity they would have foreseen(many people did before the war) the drama unfolding in iraq.With all the money that is spent by the US on intelligence gathering they didnt foresee this but they did for the WMDs.

This whole situation is getting bizarder every day, and believe me the climax has still to come and not in the good sense of the word.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What are you the most gullible people in the world or something. It's so blatantly obvious these are propogangda pictures, heck, you can even see them piling up children on the street and giving them signs to hold "We love you" The extent of human stupidiy today is surreal. It's almost 2D!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just a note for Cartman from the BBC :

Thumbs Up!

Thumbs-up
Much has already been made of the thumbs-up gesture that British and American soldiers have received from "welcoming" Iraqis. Unlike in many western cultures, in the Middle East the thumbs-up can be an insult, roughly translating as "up yours". But the US Army's Defense Language Institute says that after the first Gulf War, the gesture was adopted by some Iraqis, along with the ok sign, as a "symbol of co-operation and freedom".

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
Just a note for Cartman from the BBC :

Thumbs Up!

Thumbs-up
Much has already been made of the thumbs-up gesture that British and American soldiers have received from "welcoming" Iraqis. Unlike in many western cultures, in the Middle East the thumbs-up can be an insult, roughly translating as "up yours". But the US Army's Defense Language Institute says that after the first Gulf War, the gesture was adopted by some Iraqis, along with the ok sign, as a "symbol of co-operation and freedom".

LOL, I did not know that. So not only are they being asked to say cheese for the photo and hold signs saying "We love America" they even have to act for the camera. I also noticed that the child in the front seemed to be wearing brand new western clothes, a blue jacket. The one on the right to him looks lost

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

*Z*

Im not saying it was a picnic under sadams regime but the US dont have the right to even be there.atleast under sadam the people knew what they had.Now they see there land is in ruines and dont know what the future has in store for them.This is gonna be a long and continuing clash, a querilla war just like vietnam. And the real victims,as always in a war,are not the ones fighting each other but the women and children who would rather live in peace more then anything.

The bottom line is that the US made things alot worse on the short and long term for most iraqi civilians!!and for what???? WMD that never have been found!give me a break, its all about geologic economic and political reasons.You really think dubya gives a rats ass about these people??He doesnt even care about his own people while preaching his crusade for freedom and liberty arround the world. Its the motivation that counts and if this motivation was based on integrity they would have foreseen(many people did before the war) the drama unfolding in iraq.With all the money that is spent by the US on intelligence gathering they didnt foresee this but they did for the WMDs.

This whole situation is getting bizarder every day, and believe me the climax has still to come and not in the good sense of the word.

I believe I misstook what was said wrong then. And I do apologize greatly for I went off the edge there without thinking.

You have made good points

*Z*

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Good thread Zerinity, Ive served overseas and I think our soldiers, sailors and Airman are America's best ambassadors.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ok..this is absurd! I have gone all this time not looking at this thread because it said "too gross" Why so blatantly misleading!? A lot of people probably didn't look at it for the same reaon

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My onlyn hope is that the kindness is normal everyday stuff so not news-only the bad is uncommon and so news worthy, becouse it is less common.
I know I am a dreamer, but it is a sweet dream non the less.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

*Z*
Let me know, I can post a 1000 more.

Zerinity
Yeah, I would like to see more pictures.

What I have read on this thread, I would like to ask How long did it take for The United States to write up a Declaration of Independence? I do believe we had Iraqi civilians who lived here in the US who spoke for the families and people throughout the region of what was happening. For those who say we do not belong over there are against the war and the people fighting it. It is like saying kinda, either you are or not. Thanks to the medias around the world, this is a communication that uses the term inside sources who wish not to be ID, here is the story. I am sorry but how true could this story be? They do not mention a disclaimer either of the reporter or writer for this secret source. Good news is the voo-doo of today television because the negative grasps the community in your area of viewing.
I do support the men and women in Iraq and all over the world, and home. For those who have spoken out on the war (same as in the past), most of them have never been overseas to see living proof, not from a book.
Go AMERICA AND GOD SPEED, THEIR ARE THOSE WHO SEEK OUR HELP IN THE NAME OF GOD!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Good thread Zerinity, Ive served overseas and I think our soldiers, sailors and Airman are America's best ambassadors.

Maximu§

I have family over there... I have so much respect for you .. thank you for everything you have done. You didn't have to sign up and serve and you did. You are a great person. Even if what is over there isn't worth it ... none the less you did it for us.

*Z*

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join