It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Pictures from Iraq...too gross for ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC AND CNN???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Who said, "focus on the good and not the bad" I think it was Jesus

Sure we show iraqui prisioners being "tortured" and how sucky we are.

But we foreget we are doing something good for the community.

And that's why the media sucks.

Those pictures make my heart smile.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A recycling of propaganda? I seem to recall pictures of pleased Iraqis at the onset of the war. In fact Rumsfeld was all too willing to speak of the welcome given the troops. What are the dates of these pictures?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
These pictures surely don't fit in with the left-wing views of the press or the world's politically correct view of the U.S., therefore they are not shown on the mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The pictures are cute and children are always good for propaganda after all we all love littler ones.

Now about the sentiments of the Iraqi people well I imagine how bad can be when a father has to buried his children in his garden when they become "casualties" of war, so other children that survived can thank the US for still being alive.

And ladies and gentlemans is the realities in Iraq, duck, hide and stay the heck out of the streets.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icelandia
Wow...

Thanks for posting those pics. Too often, we are bombarded with negativity and images of death and destruction, which the media wants to feed us on a daily basis to keep us living in fear and without hope. I guess these pics are proof that sometimes good can come from the most unexpected places. Much love and peace...

Toulina

I got them from one of my friends. They made me smile to. My cousin is over there and I get tired of the stupid BS I hear from people who don't have family over there .... I am not saying that this war is a GREAT idea ... all I am saying is for the men and women over there ... we should see more of this and support them ... they are just doing the job none of us signed up to do ... God be with them.

*Z*

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
Who said, "focus on the good and not the bad" I think it was Jesus

Sure we show iraqui prisioners being "tortured" and how sucky we are.

But we foreget we are doing something good for the community.

And that's why the media sucks.

Those pictures make my heart smile.

I am glad I could bring a smile to your face. Pray for our men and women who are over there ... they need to come home and this needs to end well, and soon.

*Z*

D

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
"Caption: "Lcpl Boudreaux killed my dad th(en) he knocked up my sister"

omg
ok get back on track.. i dont know about the pictures but ive seen video on the news with people in iraq that are happy as hell to see the us troops come in with the tanks and stuff havnt we all? the pictures can be fake but all im saying is atleast me know that they are happy to see us because of some of them cheering and yelling when our tanks come in

[edit on 16-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

I'm just saying that it's easier than you think to fake some pictures for propaganda purposes. There's no doubt that many Iraqi's were happy to see American soldiers come in to try to help, but why does the website have to fake the pictures?

Sep

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It is very sweet and I hope one day all the Iraqis feel the same way as the people in those pictures and live happily ever after, that being said I wonder how the kid in the last picture learnt to write English.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thats after thay all had a 20$ note given to them... hey id say the US i wonderful for enough cash.. im fickle too you know [ /

Besuide you actually think she could have written that in english?!?

Not impossible... but the odds?

[edit on 17/1/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thats cool so people are in not to bad of a position, but thoughs pics are not from fallujah

[edit on 17-1-2005 by ikillspys]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
why are the news focusing on all the bad points and making us think that this situation worse than it already is?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
why are the news focusing on all the bad points and making us think that this situation worse than it already is?

Look for my post "what really happened in fallujah".

It seems even the "bad" reports are not as bad as they could/should be in order to reflect the TRUTH.

I am not being one sided, and prefer "good" news too. But you have to question how much "good news" can be found in war, so when we do get to see it.. was it just fabricated for the "feel good factor" back home?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic

Have you heard the old saying, if it bleeds, it leads? The news media is as much entertainment as anything. They know what sells. Unfortunately, what sells is destruction, mayhem and death. That's the sad truth.

That's aside from any agenda that the media might have, and I do believe they have one. The media proved that conclusively for me during the actual invasion of Iraq. It was nothing but three weeks of non-stop doom and gloom and you'd have thought the US was getting kicked all over Iraq. Using the internet and other sources, I was pretty sure this was untrue, and sure enough, the morning after hearing one of the mainstream media's whine fests the night before, I turn on the TV to see US tanks rolling into Baghdad with little opposition. That sealed it for me and I no longer believe anything the media says. In fact, I usually believe the opposite now.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Thats after thay all had a 20$ note given to them... hey id say the US i wonderful for enough cash.. im fickle too you know [ /

Besuide you actually think she could have written that in english?!?

Not impossible... but the odds?

[edit on 17/1/2005 by Corinthas]

Its quite possible that she could speak, read and write English. Iraq was a British colony until 1932. Some born a generation or even two generations later might have gained some exposure to English if their parents or grandparents could speak it.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Im all for posting positive images and statistics but the negative must not be suppressed for Morale sake either.

US Losses - Photos Hidden
By US News Media

rense.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
All you leftist are all implying that the Iraqi poeple are all upset and angry that the US took out that old opressive dictatorship. You know, the one that had thousands killed annually in order to maintain power. Can you not imagine for even one moment that some (if not most) Iraqis are happy about the changes taking place? Talk to a few expatriate Iraqis.
They will tell you, as they told me, their families over there are thrilled with the change. Their only hope is that the insurgents can finally be defeated or at least supressed so that they can get on with ruling their own affairs.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
It isn't a matter of conspiracy, it's a matter of opinion regarding the reporters. Of course, none here will believe me, because everything in life is a conspiracy to them

-wD

Aye, some of those conspiracy makes me want to walk the plank unaided........lol
Anything positive is received by negative and just ruins it for everybody.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hit and run victim, Iraqi boy:

Let me know, I can post a 1000 more.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There's no doubt that quite a few were INITALLY happy to see the Americans. The concept they had was that we would throw Saddam out and the people would get back to their lives under a new government. That there would be no more rule of the bullies and so forth.

The reality is that after nearly two years of American occupation and insurgents and bombs and chaos (where it is now more dangerous to go out on the streets than it ever was during Saddam's reign (or don't you read the Iraqui blogs?)) that people are NOT happy for the US to be there.

And the rest of us are angry that our kids are being killed for lies: the "Saddam is a major threat and has evil WMDs!" etc.

If CLINTON had done the same thing -- invading a country without the consent of Congress and using trumped up excuses to support his position and caught in a number of other lies, the conservatives would be howling for his head (heck, so would the liberals.)

However, Clinton only got caught in a sex scandal that the conservatives screeched to high heaven about while managing to forget the Bush lies. Kinda makes you wonder why conservatives don't think that lying to the American public about WMDs is very important...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Hit and run victim, Iraqi boy:

Thank you ...

*Z*
Let me know, I can post a 1000 more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join