It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE @ Long Beach City College 7PM EST.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: TechniXcality

They had to shut down his event last night because of a bomb threat. I hope this isn't the case again.

Bomb Threat Ends Milo Yiannopoulos Event at UCLA

I guess when you can't win the argument, silence the opposition.

This one is at long beach university. No post on Twitter or Facebook or Brietbart. Shoudl proceed as planned.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I hope so. I'm starting to see tweets saying that it's cancelled due to another bomb threat, they might be taking it seriously because of the shooting at UCLA today, where he was speaking last night.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I saw those. I'm sure if it's true, he will make an announcement himself. He posts continuously on FB and his last post there was 2 hours ago. The tweet was from 24 minutes ago... I don't know if it's true but it might just be delayed until they get bored and run away

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No agreeing is fine, but resorting to calling anyone who wants to diagree triggered is interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Perhaps you did not understand the question.

One of the issues he tries to use "statistics" to debunk is 'rape culture'. He compares college rape statistics to rape statistics during war time in Africa and says that since the rape statistics do not exceed that of the Congo during a war, therefore there is no rape culture on college campus'.

Of course there is no comparison. Apples and oranges.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The "cancellation" might just be a viscous jealousy rumor triggered by people who are easily triggered.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Wonder if he mentions the frat houses where they, not all, they tend to happen at. But that is to pc to bring up so I'm sure it doesn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Um... are you sure you got that right?

He uses the Congo as an example because according to mainstream feminism, 1 in 4 women are raped on college campuses, which technically makes them more dangerous than war zones in Africa... which is completely absurd.

Nice spin job though. Maybe you should use that search engine and find the real quotes from him.

edit on 1-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here's a video of Milo talking about some issues. The number of logical fallacies he uses and "apple and oranges" comparisons are pathetic.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

He uses the Congo as an example because according to mainstream feminism, 1 in 4 women are raped on college campuses, which technically makes them more dangerous then war zones in Africa... which is completely absurd.

Nice spin job though.

Why is that absurd and why should we care if it "sounds" absurd.

What do the statistics say?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The DOJ says that there are less than 6 sexual assaults per thousand on college campuses, but according to skewed liberal surveys where even attempted kissing and groping is considered rape, they managed to put that number at 1 in 4, then backpedaled and now say it's 1 in 5... which has been completely debunked.

AAU Campus Sexual Assault Survey: Why such surveys don't paint an accurate portrait of life on campus.

Setting the Record Straight on ‘1 in 5’

National Crime Victimization Surveys

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

He uses the Congo as an example because according to mainstream feminism, 1 in 4 women are raped on college campuses, which technically makes them more dangerous then war zones in Africa... which is completely absurd.

Nice spin job though.

Why is that absurd and why should we care if it "sounds" absurd.

What do the statistics say?

Statistics are being ignored and made up... For example the statistic given in the book The Beauty Myth about Annorexia and how it's brought on by a misogynistic society was completely fabricated and the author who's name escapes me claims she misheard...never the less EXPERTS were taking what she said and ran with it. Its becoming an issue when statistics are manipulated. It harms the actual problem more than helping it. I'm currently reading a book by Christina Hoff Sommers about the very issue. I love statistics but even I know they can be easily manipulated to agenda. Do some fact checking and it all comes to light
edit on 1-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

That may be true, but he took those statistics and compared them to a country that some claim have 48 women raped every hour.

www.cnn.com...

We are not comparing apples to apples and do we have to reach those levels before we address the issue?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: TechniXcality
engaging in violence and illegal acts to try to silence him?

I would posit that you would know about violence and illegal acts, soldier, since you participated in an illegal war...

So did I, and many others, that served out of honor, to let people like you say things like this.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That may be true, but he took those statistics and compared them to a country that some claim have 48 women raped every hour.

www.cnn.com...

We are not comparing apples to apples and do we have to reach those levels before we address the issue?

And what constitutes rape? Because some people have varying opinions...

Some feminists actually believe in "Eye rape" (wish I was making this up) which is where men rape them with their eyes just by looking at them... Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that take away from REAL victims who were REALLY forced into horrible situations?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
I guess that makes 2 of us....

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Some feminists actually believe in "Eye rape" (wish I was making this up) which is where men rape them with their eyes just by looking at them... Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that take away from REAL victims who were REALLY forced into horrible situations?

Eye rape is a real thing. We humans do it all the time. Feminists can claim that all they want, but I doubt it would hold-up in court as a criminal charge.

My point is that Milo does not compare apples to apples in his arguments and the comparison to the Congo is laughable.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Again, if you actually read his quotes he compared the statistics as a joke to point out how absurd it is.

College campuses are not statistically more dangerous for women than African war zones, which is what the 1 in 5 number suggests. If you believe they are, your an idiot. I hope this isn't the best argument you can up with.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It's sad, but not unexpected, that a complete douche like Milo could become an icon for people of the Right Wing.

The douche is hardly an icon. I have yet to see him speak. All I see on the live feeds are kids acting up and cops watching them.

Larouche, Duke, Myself, by the Grace of God, those are icons of the right.

To make such an erroneous statement cheapens your brand.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Eye rape is a real thing"

Ok you're gonna have to explain that one to me.

3rape

noun

Definition of rape

1:  an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force

2:  unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent — compare sexual assault,statutory rape

3:  an outrageous violation

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join