It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE @ Long Beach City College 7PM EST.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Again, if you actually read his quotes he compared the statistics as a joke to point out how absurd it is.

It is absurd because that implies we have to reach the same levels in the Congo before it becomes 'not absurd'.

College campuses are not statistically more dangerous for women than African war zones, and if you believe they are, your an idiot. I hope this isn't the best argument you can up with

I do not believe that and that has not been my argument.

My argument is that he sets the standard at statistical levels of the Congo during war time by making such a comparison.

That is absurd in and of itself.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: coven83
a reply to: introvert

"Eye rape is a real thing"

Ok you're gonna have to explain that one to me.

3rape

noun

Definition of rape

1:  an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force

2:  unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent — compare sexual assault,statutory rape

3:  an outrageous violation

Undressing someone with your eyes? Daydream fantasies of someone you have just encountered...

It's human nature...not a crime.
edit on 1-6-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Perhaps you did not understand the question.

One of the issues he tries to use "statistics" to debunk is 'rape culture'. He compares college rape statistics to rape statistics during war time in Africa and says that since the rape statistics do not exceed that of the Congo during a war, therefore there is no rape culture on college campus'.

Of course there is no comparison. Apples and oranges.

You just completely misrepresented that all!!

The feminists (progressive /liberal) said 1/5 women on campus get raped. Milo pointed out that is the same as the rape rate in the Congo.

You know, just to show exactly how stupid of a thing to say it is.

Because there aren't litteral rape gangs running around campus in America ( Europe probably coming soon) like there are in the Congo.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Ok...so what happened to the whole not comparing apples to oranges thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ok...so what happened to the whole not comparing apples to oranges thing?

It still stands. The feminists that claim 'eye rape' are just as absurd as the man that compares college rape stats to that of wartime Congo.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Dude there is no rape culture, rapists are hung out to dry and then when they make it to GP they get back doored (which is where people line up and keep fighting you) until they catch PC. Rapists are fundelmentally rejected and hated in all of our society, that's one thing feminists and normal people share.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: TechniXcality
engaging in violence and illegal acts to try to silence him?

I would posit that you would know about violence and illegal acts, soldier, since you participated in an illegal war...

So did I, and many others, that served out of honor, to let people like you say things like this.

Keep telling yourself that, you may convince yourself it's true, but it's not, and it's not honourable either...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Dude there is no rape culture, rapists are hung out to dry and then when they make it to GP they get back doored (which is where people line up and keep fighting you) until they catch PC. Rapists are fundelmentally rejected and hated in all of our society, that's one thing feminists and normal people share.

I agree. That does not mean the comparison by Milo is applicable, and that does not mean we cannot address the issue within our own society before it reaches the level in the Congo.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If you actually watched his events, he does express the fact that rapes do happen on campuses and that any number of sexual assaults is absurd, just nowhere near as absurd as the 1 in 5 statistic that the progressives are pushing. In fact rapes have been exponentially decreasing in America over the last 60 years.

He never implied anything, your just using a straw man argument to support your own bias. Why do the lefties always have to put a spin job on everything?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

3rape

noun

Definition of rape

1:  an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force

2:  unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent — compare sexual assault,statutory rape

Bwahahaha!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If you actually watched his events, he does express the fact that rapes do happen on campuses and that any number of sexual assaults is absurd, just nowhere near as absurd as the 1 in 5 statistic that the progressives are pushing.

Then why the need to compare it to the statistics in the Congo?

He never implied anything, your just using a straw man argument to support your own opinion. Why do the lefties always have to put a spin job on everything?

I have not tried to argue against any claim that was not made by Milo. I addressed his own claims.

That is not a strawman.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Either way, im guessing this is canceled from the liberal threats

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Someone looking at me is not rape. Period.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

those statistics

What statistics ? Whose statistics ? From where ? . There have been some good posts showing "those statistics" are not true and have been "adjusted" .

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

3rape

noun

Definition of rape

Undressing someone with you eyes? Daydream fantasies of someone you have just encountered...

It's human nature...not a crime.

LOOKING AT PEOPLE IS NOT RAPE.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Someone looking at me is not rape. Period.

I did not say it was. Actually, I said the opposite.

Rape is a crime. 'Eye rape' is human nature.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I disagree with the feminists. What more can I say?

Address the points I have made about Milo.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Getting word that the event might have been cancelled due to a bomb threat, but there has been no confirmation yet from Milo on twitter about the situation.

It might have been pushed to a later time. Stay tuned.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

the jacked up part is now they'll just make bomb threats at every event to get it canceled

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join