It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabby Giffords Brings Fake Speech Impediment on the Road for Hillary Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is interesting, sad, and alarming all at the same time.

Somebody has put up a video about Gabby Giffords using a fake voice to apparently get sympathy.

I never heard of the tactic being used by Giffords, and maybe someone can figure this out.

Apparently this is connected to the Hillary Campaign?

Gabby Giffords is still at it in 2016, doing her ridiculous fake speech impediment and reciting her exact same lines all over the country, to cheering crowds of idiots. She’s almost like a robot.

This has to be the first ever example of a hollow point bullet causing a person to start talking like a 5 year old girl and use the exact same hand gestures all the time.. Oh, and the miraculous healing with no scar thing.

Background on the Giffords Shooting ..

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
To phrase Cousin Red from a Cheech and Chong movie (forgot which one)
"Only in America"

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Speaking of fake speech impediments....

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

She kept calling her Hiller

I know something that rhymes with

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Somebody has put up a video about Gabby Giffords using a fake voice to apparently get sympathy.

I never heard of the tactic being used by Giffords, and maybe someone can figure this out.

Gabby Giffords is still at it in 2016, doing her ridiculous fake speech impediment and reciting her exact same lines all over the country, to cheering crowds of idiots. She’s almost like a robot.

This has to be the first ever example of a hollow point bullet causing a person to start talking like a 5 year old girl and use the exact same hand gestures all the time.. Oh, and the miraculous healing with no scar thing.

Not sure why anyone would attack this woman. How low we trying to go here? Your about to the floor.

edit on 28-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I hadn't heard this before, interesting story. The video linked in the first article is terrible. The guy just rants on and on about some NASA Conspiracy... not sure how that shows she is a fraud. Admittedly, I stopped listening halfway. The guy was just shouting over a press conference, offering up no info.

So it looks like we're on our own! I read the wiki as far as it relates to Giffords. I need to read more about the encompassing shooting. I'm not seeing any proof that her speech impediment is fake though. What have people put forward so far to claim she actually wasn't shot in the head?

Lots of questions, lots of reading to do tonight apparently! If she is indeed faking the impediment for the purposes of promoting candidates and policy, then she is a disgusting individual. But if people are making this crap up and she was actually capped in the brain, those people are the sickos.

Thanks for bringing something new to my attention, Xuenchen!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh come on this should be beneath even you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Somebody has put up a video

"Somebody," huh?

Can anything in this four (4) sentence "article" actually be proved?

Repetitive hand (and facial) movement is common in these instances.

Sounds like an extremely distasteful hit piece.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The world's going to end. We finally agreed on something.

There is hope

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hope and Change. Didn't Obama mention that once?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If you are an adult and go on camera you are also up for scrutiny by everyone and anyone.

There is nothing wrong with calling her out.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

If you are an adult and go on camera you are also up for scrutiny by everyone and anyone.

There is nothing wrong with calling her out.

Calling her out on what? Be specific.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This has to be the first ever example of a hollow point bullet causing a person to start talking like a 5 year old girl

No, it isn't the first time. Mostly people just die from a bullet to the brain, but those that do luckily survive have varying degrees of brain damage and speech impediments have been documented with many who could still talk.

The person who made that video and accusations is a troll at best.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Bias and scripted speaking?

Or the part where every scripted speech ends with the same line "I have a speech impediment'?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Or the part where every scripted speech ends with the same line "I have a speech impediment'?

That wasn't the point of the op. They were stating the impediment was not real. Most speeches are scripted.
Her bias, I assume, comes from taking one to the head but I can't speak for her.

Challenging her bias is fair but that's not what the topic was about now was it. Some troll decided it was all an act. You agree with that position?
edit on 28-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I have a family member who has survived a self inflicted gun-shot wound to his brain. Granted, it was not a hollow point.

But still, his speech is slow and nearly robotic sounding, very similar to this lady. And the hand gestures she makes remind me of some of the involuntary twitches we see him have.

I would imagine if he were speaking to groups of people, the only way he could even do it anymore is to have a strict script to adhere to. It would be nearly impossible for him now, without!

I definitely agree that if anyone puts themselves in the public eye, they absolutely can be scrutinized.

But I see no proof this woman is faking yet. Regardless of what I think of her policies and who she supports politically, I refuse to crap on someone living with something like this. If it turns out she IS lying, I'll be the first to pull down the trousers.

Just not seeing it. Looks like extremely mean-spirited partisan attacks, unfortunately.

ETA: I'm not implying the partisan attacks are coming from members here. I'm speaking directly of the media sources posted.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Most people use the same speech, or parts of, over and over on the campaign trail. The woman was shot in the head and spent a year recovering. She wouldn't need to use a fake speech impediment to drum up sympathy to push gun control or get a candidate nominated. This is stupid... and low.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

well she ends every speech with "I have a speech impediment" yet manages to make it through every speech she gives.

I think he was just calling out the pot for calling out the kettle.

That's just my opinion though.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Most people use the same speech, or parts of, over and over on the campaign trail. The woman was shot in the head and spent a year recovering. She wouldn't need to use a fake speech impediment to drum up sympathy to push gun control or get a candidate nominated.[b/]

Ditto.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

well she ends every speech with "I have a speech impediment" yet manages to make it through every speech she gives.

I think he was just calling out the pot for calling out the kettle.

That's just my opinion though.

It's the same speech though. There is videos of her giving the same one over and over at different venues. Kinda has to be that way for someone with her disabilities. If you watch her older ones and then the newer ones you will see she has gotten better through repetition.

I don't know what xuenchen is thinking.

I'm disappointed in this post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join