It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabby Giffords Brings Fake Speech Impediment on the Road for Hillary Clinton

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I think she is completely disingenuous when she ends her speech with I have a speech impediment.

I think she is saying that as a sympathetical factor.

Yes, in that sense I think she is faking it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: Vector99

Here's a speech at cornell from her. It's at 1:03:50
www.cornell.edu...

m.youtube.com...
More hospital footage

Rehab footage in hospital
abcnews.go.com...

Don't be daft

none of those were speeches she gave.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's not just here either though which is really bad. Just do a search for Gifford Speech impediment on google. This same meme is being pushed by every two bit hack website out there. Youtube has like 3 different people claiming the same thing.

The internet is becoming completely tainted by bias. It was always kinda bad but I think it may be getting worse. All the paid for Trolls and Astro Turfing by political campaigns could be producing so much crap, so many lies from so many different places that it's just going to completely distort everything.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: In4ormant

Here's a speech at cornell from her. It's at 1:03:50
www.cornell.edu...

m.youtube.com...
More hospital footage

Rehab footage in hospital
abcnews.go.com...

Don't be daft

none of those were speeches she gave.

I'm watching her Cornell speech as I type. What actually qualified as a speech in your regard?

ETA: Well, that was short. I can see why you didn't count that as a speech. She seems genuine to me.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

what is the timestamp she speaks?

I don't really care to watch a video of graduates speaking for over an hour to find the couple minutes Gabby speaks.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Oh dear. Organic brain damage means the brain, the organ itself, has been damaged. In this case, damage from a gunshot wound, or an external factor.

When you get autism figured out, be sure and let the researchers know..........

Autism is caused by a developmental issue resulting in the same thing as a gunshot to the head.

You seriously don't have any idea about autism, so I recommend you don't comment on it.

You have no idea how laughable this is.

I'm glad your friend knows about autism. That doesn't mean you do.

In any event, it's a moot point as Ms. Gifford has not been diagnosed with autism, the facts and causation of which are still not completely understood. We mostly treat symptoms.

If you think Ms. Gifford is a fraud, then here is your chance to prove it. Go ahead. Make my day.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I think she is completely disingenuous when she ends her speech with I have a speech impediment.

So you feel she is strictly using her speech impediment to bolsters her position.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't really care to watch a video of graduates speaking for over an hour to find the couple minutes Gabby speaks.

Around about 01:03:50, she begins speaking but very briefly.

I imagine it is difficult for someone in her condition to speak for long periods without breaks so I don't really know if we would find any speeches of her speaking at length.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This thread is a hoax, a lie, unless you can show a recent video of her speaking correctly.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Still speaking with the impediment and not talking about guns. It's at the 1:03:50 mark

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I just don't even know what to say to you.

A brain injury is just that.

Certain neurons and receptors no longer work.

It is the same exact thing in autism.

How much knowledge do you have in this area if you don't mind me asking?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't care about the speech impediment. What bugs me is that Clinton is using her as a prop. The fact is that Giffords was close to being finished on the political stage in Arizona anyway. At one time she was a darling of the media here in AZ, but her viewpoints brought her favorability ratings down so low that she nearly was beaten in her last election by a political nobody in a relatively liberal district in Arizona terms. She was toast the next election unless she flip flopped. The fact that Shillary is parading her around for sympathy votes is disgusting.
edit on 28-5-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Here's another one. She has more trouble.in this one and never mentions her impediment. Different speech than the rest.

m.huffpost.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
This thread is a hoax, a lie, unless you can show a recent video of her speaking correctly.

I am trying as best I can to find a video of her slipping up, a little bit of a pain on this phone.

So far, either she is an incredible actress and extremely consistent in her method or people are making crap up about a woman who survived serious trauma and is out speaking in public despite all odds.

I don't agree with her politics or choice of... associates. But other than that, I'm seeing a strong woman not letting her disability prevent her from living the life she wants. Loughner doesn't get to steal that from her and she seems intent to prove it.

Or maybe I'm completely naive and she deserves an oscar.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I just don't even know what to say to you.

A brain injury is just that.

Certain neurons and receptors no longer work.

It is the same exact thing in autism.

How much knowledge do you have in this area if you don't mind me asking?

By your train of thought, hemophilia and a cut are identical, too. Hey, a bleed is a bleed in your universe.
Please, shut up. Before you regret attracting the attention of our members who actually have autism, or family with it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
I don't care about the speech impediment. What bugs me is that Clinton is using her as a prop. The fact is that Giffords was close to being finished on the political stage in Arizona anyway. At one time she was a darling of the media here in AZ, but her viewpoints brought her favorability ratings down so low that she nearly was beaten in her last election by a political nobody in a relatively liberal district in Arizona terms. She was toast the next election unless she flip flopped. The fact that Shillary is parading her around for sympathy votes is disgusting.

I am in agreement with you in principle. I imagine it would be very easy for someone like the Clinton's to take advantage of someone Giffords position.

It is nearly impossible to tell if this is the case. My gut says it's likely, and that the Clinton's would throw her to the side once she served her use. But we will likely never know.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: atomish

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I am trying as best I can to find a video of her slipping up, a little bit of a pain on this phone.

So far, either she is an incredible actress and extremely consistent in her method or people are making crap up about a woman who survived serious trauma and is out speaking in public despite all odds.

I don't agree with her politics or choice of... associates. But other than that, I'm seeing a strong woman not letting her disability prevent her from living the life she wants. Loughner doesn't get to steal that from her and she seems intent to prove it.

Or maybe I'm completely naive and she deserves an oscar.

Did you see her head and that rehab video in the hospital? She has gun control all wrong but that's one tough chick.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She has a freaking BRAIN INJURY. It is PERMANENT. It can improve over time. but she will never be the same.

YES she has something "scripted" so she can actually pull it off - the repetition is what makes it doable for her.

Good God Almighty. This is just very poorly done.

While the media coverage about her recovery has described her condition as “aphasia” it is a little-known disorder to most of the U.S. population. Aphasia (pronounced uh-fay-zhuh), is a loss or reduction of language following brain damage, typically as a result of a stroke, or an injury or trauma to the brain. Although intelligence remains intact, those affected by aphasia experience difficulty with speaking, understanding, reading, and/or writing.

Aphasia

CNN - Gabby Giffords improves but will never be the same.

Web MD - Gabby Giffords FAQ

What part of Gabrielle Giffords' brain was injured?
The precise nature of Giffords' wound -- exactly which brain structures were destroyed -- has not been made public. What is known is that a 9 mm bullet fired point-blank at the left rear of her head passed through the brain and exited the left front of her head near her left eye.

That part of the brain controls vision, language, and the ability to move the right side of the body. All of these functions are at risk, notes Keith L. Black, MD.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I will ask you two questions.

1. Are you asserting that Ms. Gifford is autistic? If not, then are you somewhat using autism as a smokescreen because you are lost in the other argument? Because this thread is not about autism.

2. On WHAT evidence are you asserting that Ms. Gifford is faking speech difficulties?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Well done, AB!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join