It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, I saw it.
Still came to the same conclusion that you are reaching as far as you can to blame something, anything on Trump.

Naturally. To Trump supporters, he does no wrong. Don't forget to kiss your messiah's feet when he walks by.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It wouldn't be the first time the US has closed it's borders to immigration of certain people:

1882 the Chinese Exclusion Act prohibited Chinese people from immigrating to the US.

The Immigration Act Of 1917 prohibited immigration from the Middle East, India and Southeast Asia.

And after the attack on Pearl Harbor, FDR enacted acts that limited entry and naturalization of Japanese, Germans, and Italians.

Not saying I agree with those in the past, but it's certainly something the US has done in the past.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

And last time I checked, non-American citizens aren't protected by our constitution.

Then you need to check again because the constitution applies to all people within its borders here legaly.

May constitutional amendments apply to those here illegally as well.

Within U.S. territory, non-citizens have rights because of the 14th Amendment, which declares “nor shall any State depriveany person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

edit on 26-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Junkheap
Here in Philadelphia, there was a guy that was beat up just for speaking Arabic. This was in January.

www.metro.us...

.... and in here in Philadelphia there was a cop shot by an ISIS sympathizer while the cop was just sitting in his car. This was in January.

A 30-year-old man who allegedly ambushed and shot a Philadelphia police officer sitting in his patrol car confessed he did it in the name of the Islamic State, presumably referring to the terrorist group ISIS, officials said Friday.

www.cnn.com...

So you're defending violence against innocents because someone shot a cop? Okay.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

There is a huge difference from closing borders off from a country and closing borders off from a people of faith.

He wants to ban Muslims that is people of a specific faith.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

But immigration proceedings are matters of administrative law, not criminal law. (As a result, the consequence of violating your immigration status is not jail but deportation.) And Congress has nearly full authority to regulate immigration without interference from the courts. Because immigration is considered a matter of national security and foreign policy, the Supreme Court has long held that immigration law is largely immune from judicial review. Congress can make rules for immigrants that would be unacceptable if applied to citizens.

Oh and YAY! That's from Slate, same as the OP!

Link

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I didn't say it didn't apply to non-US citizens, just what it's main purpose was for.

YOU were the one that said it was for "human" rights.

Wrong. That's not what the US Constitution is for. That's what the UN Charter of 1948 is for.

Take a look at both documents, you'll understand. I had to attend a training session for the UN Charter to be an observer in other countries, so I'm quite well versed in this.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Very interesting and disheartening thread to read through.

You can learn quite a bit about people by reading their responses and we have learned that there are many bigoted, ignorant and scared people out there.

Wonder what makes a person so hateful.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, Trump is the reason. Not actual Terrorists bombing people, raping children, beheading people, shooting people, throwing gays off buildings, infiltrating multiple nations and changing their culture by hostile takeover..

It's Trump, all day every day, Trump Trump Trump.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Bigots are feeling emboldened because of Daddy Trump. They're sure he's going to win and make it okay for them to be bigots again... like back when America was "great".

link   
This thread is hilariously funny in its entirety.

Even Muslims want to flee Muslims that's the insanity of the world we live in.

Go to any majority Muslim country on this planet and tell me what you think.

Now go to any western country on the planet and tell me what you think.

Now proclaim your a CHRISTIAN and go to any country with a majority Muslim population and tell me what you think.

There's a damn problem here and there is an intrinsic correlation between what's happening and Islam

It's like the Catholic church pre Martin Luther.

There was a clear probken, systemic in the Catholic church before the protestant reformation.

I think it's about time that Islamic faith experience it's own reformation and put a stop to this 2,000 year ideology and get with it.

link   

Feels like you're spiraling out here a bit here.

The article is clearly bunk as many other posters have pointed out. You sure can infer a correlation between Trumps rise and violence against Islamic folks, but you sure can't prove they have anything to do with one another. I believe that makes it your opinion and I respectfully disagree.

link   
Hmmm. I wonder whats worse. Temporary banning or letting in a religious group then torture, persecute, and kill them. Oh, and as a non-Muslim, I'm not allowed to visit Mecca either. Even though Mecca isn't a country, I'm still banned.

Christianity may have become one of the world’s predominant religions, but there are still many places where Christians are persecuted, dispossessed, tortured and even killed for their faith. Often this occurs as part of governmental or religious policy.

Top 10 Most Dangerous Countries for Christians
-Laos
-Uzbekistan
-Iraq
-Yemen
-Maldives
-Somalia
-Saudi Arabia
-Afghanistan
-Iran
-North Korea

listverse.com...
edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You do know that Donald Trump's plan for Muslims is for banning entry, not for banning immigration right?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Take a look at the Immigration Act of 1917, it wasn't just people from other countries. It also included the following:

undesirables banned from entering the country, including “homosexuals”, “idiots”, “feeble-minded persons”, "criminals", “epileptics”, “insane persons”, alcoholics, “professional beggars”, all persons “mentally or physically defective”, polygamists, and anarchists. Furthermore, it barred all immigrants over the age of sixteen who were illiterate.

Again: not saying I agree with past acts, nor with what Trump is suggesting. Only pointing out that this has happened in the past too.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

By that same token. Notice that neither America, nor the majority of 1st world Europe are on that list. Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Bigots are feeling emboldened because of Daddy Trump. They're sure he's going to win and make it okay for them to be bigots again... like back when America was "great".

Where's your post about the Christian apartheid happening in Muslim majority countries?

Why are you always so quick to defend Islam but not Christianity, what's with the bias from the left?

link   

Ah, I love it. Pinning anti-Muslim hate crimes on Trump because its all about the 1st Amendment, Freedom of Religion.

Which means that you are tacitly suggesting people must vote for Clinton, who will do anything possible to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment including appointing anti-gun Justices to the Supreme Court.

Personally, I'll keep my 2nd in trade for your 1st where the Muslims are concerned.

link   

I had thought it was both. I hope it still is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Fine. Semantics. If you want to play the semantics card then I'll concede the point, but what I posted as a followup is what I meant.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join