It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheBulk

Except you haven't pointed out a single lie I'm spreading about him.

Please quote a single thing Donald Trump has said that is hateful or inciting violence towards Muslims. Just one thing.

Donald Trump's Call to Ban Muslim Immigrants

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Dude..add the rest of the title...

The Republican frontrunner demands a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's not going to cut it. We SHOULD ban them until we can be assured they can be vetted. He didn't propose deporting the ones that are here LEGALLY. I've heard no talk of concentration camps. I've heard no talk encouraging violence or hate.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Lol left squirm? The Republicans are about to nominate the one guy Hillary Clinton can beat. I'm left and I'm still laughing every time I see Trump but I do love that daughter of his.

Until we can figure out what's going on? More laughter, in Trumps case that's for good.

edit on Thu May 26th, 2016 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

That's not going to cut it. We SHOULD ban them until we can be assured they can be vetted. He didn't propose deporting the ones that are here LEGALLY. I've heard no talk of concentration camps. I've heard no talk encouraging violence or hate.

No we shouldn't. Because that is a violation of the 1st Amendment. It is eroding our #ing rights! Just because it is Muslims today, doesn't mean it won't be YOUR religion next time. When you create the precedent, there is no closing the door. Pandora's Box cannot be closed.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: TheBulk

Except you haven't pointed out a single lie I'm spreading about him.

Please quote a single thing Donald Trump has said that is hateful or inciting violence towards Muslims. Just one thing.

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Dude..add the rest of the title...

The Republican frontrunner demands a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

I just put the part that was in quotes. You know the words he said? I'm sure we can all figure out it was Donald Trump or as the article put it, the Republican frontrunner.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Potential immigrants don't have the same protections as citizens.

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: C8H10N4O2

That's not the traditional view. All people within this country, citizen or not have basic human rights. That's how the Constitution is written. Though haters do like rewriting the forefathers' intentions when it bests suits their needs.

How about explaining the rise in hate against American Muslims?

Actually the US Constitution does not define anyone's "human rights". That's not what the document is for or it's purpose.

The US Constitution's purpose is to explain the set up of the US government and what rights US citizens have, because they are US citizens.

For "human" rights, you should refer to The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Charter of 1948

That is the document for "Human" rights that encompass anyone in the world simply because they are human beings.

There is a very big difference between the two documents.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
Here in Philadelphia, there was a guy that was beat up just for speaking Arabic. This was in January.

www.metro.us...

.... and in here in Philadelphia there was a cop shot by an ISIS sympathizer while the cop was just sitting in his car. This was in January.

A 30-year-old man who allegedly ambushed and shot a Philadelphia police officer sitting in his patrol car confessed he did it in the name of the Islamic State, presumably referring to the terrorist group ISIS, officials said Friday.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: C8H10N4O2

Nothing except for wanting to ban admittance of Muslims into the country? That isn't anti-Muslim in your book? Lol no wonder you guys can't see anything wrong with this picture...

Temporary ban until a better vetting system can be put into place.

Do you really put the non-existent rights of non US citizens before the rights and lively hood of US citizens???

Furthermore, why should Muslims be admitted anyway? Does the US have a guarantee of admittance to any particular religion? Nationality?

What he is proposing is 100% constitutional, and again is backed by the majority of voting US citizens.

I don't think you quite understand. There's already a very rigorous vetting system in place that seems to be working just fine. Trump doesn't seem to know this (just as he doesn't seem to know about so very many things) but he wails about stopping terrorism at the drop of a hat. His comment that the USA needed to stop immigration from the Middle East 'until we find out what the hell's going on there' particularly amused / exasperated me. People who bother paying attention know perfectly well what's going there. Bloviating idiots like Trumpster evidently don't. Oh wait, he's running for office and whipping people up into a frenzy of panic to get votes. Silly me!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Exactly another leftist with a wild imagination. She is KRAZY.....as her ATS name states.

Let her bark at the moon for awhile...maybe she will come down from her delusional hallucination.
edit on 26-5-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

ON JULY 13th, in Manassas, Virginia,13 a local area mosque was
vandalized with worshippers inside. The copper cables to two
air conditioner units had been cut.

How do we know this is a hate crime and not a copper thief? Cuz CAIR said so?
edit on 26/5/2016 by harvestdog because: thief no their

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Christ, we need to block all immigration, until we can fill spots with americans.

We don't have a surplus of jobs. Entry level jobd are decreasing.

If we don't have someone like Trump that can see how uncompetitive it is to pay 1.00 an hour, then we are boned.

How many h1's can we get? The IT guys from india, pumped out of a internet school, working for half price.
"Oh americans just aren't trained, or want it bad enough."
No, after the college debt scam, they can't eat, pay rent, and pay their loans.
Ship in ignorant people who will do it for peanuts.

The nwo thing starts to take shape, when you compete with broke countries.
We are witnessing the death of America, at the hands of sell out politicians.

If you retire on a golfcourse, in a million dollar house in Hawaii, what do you care about how you got there? I mean the country doesn't like you, and you feel dissed.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Christ, we need to block all immigration, until we can fill spots with americans.

We don't have a surplus of jobs. Entry level jobd are decreasing.

If we don't have someone like Trump that can see how uncompetitive it is to pay 1.00 an hour, then we are boned.

How many h1's can we get? The IT guys from india, pumped out of a internet school, working for half price.
"Oh americans just aren't trained, or want it bad enough."
No, after the college debt scam, they can't eat, pay rent, and pay their loans.
Ship in ignorant people who will do it for peanuts.

The nwo thing starts to take shape, when you compete with broke countries.
We are witnessing the death of America, at the hands of sell out politicians.

If you retire on a golfcourse, in a million dollar house in Hawaii, what do you care about how you got there? I mean the country doesn't like you, and you feel dissed.

Sorry, but without immigration your agricultural production would grind to a halt in some areas. Illegal immigrants make up the bulk of farm workers in places like Oregon and California, because they're willing to work for rates that most Americans view as derisory. Immigrants also take up the lion's share of the low-skill, low-wage, low-profile jobs that literally aren't being touched with a bargepole by most Americans.
It's the same in the UK. Immigrants are willing to work in jobs that most British people would run a mile from.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'm pretty sure we have enough illegals to tide us over for awhile. We shouldn't be allowing more people in while we are flooded with illegals. Your point doesn't really stand when we're talking about legal immigrants anyway.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Potential immigrants don't have the same protections as citizens.

Quote the precedent that makes that true then.

link   

And this is a prime example of ignorance. Trump never said anything anti Muslim?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk!

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

174 assholes OH MY GAWD EXTREME LEVELS!

There were more than 174 rioters just the other night being assholes under the liberal idealogy, so what?
Damn, you're a #ing whiner, and this article is ridiculous . 174 HATE crimes you don't say? Shake my head.

Very true.. The number 174 is non-existent compared to the number of incidents involving hate and violence that the left commits, on an almost daily basis.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Quote the precedent.
Yes, Jeffrey Singer, the Bill of Rights Does Apply to Non-Citizens

This, to put it mildly, is bull#. Other than a few very specific situations, like the right to vote or to buy a gun, unless the Constitution explicitly limits itself only to citizens, it covers non-citizens as well. When a non-citizen is arrested in the United States, even if they are here illegally, they are still covered by nearly every provision of the Bill of Rights. They still get all their due process rights, they still get a trial by jury, they still have a right to counsel.

Non-citizens living in this country get all the 4th Amendment protections that citizens get. That is, you still can’t arrest them without probable cause, you still can’t affect a search or seizure without a warrant. You still can’t subject them to double jeopardy or compel them to testify against themselves, like the 5th Amendment says. The claim that “our constitutional protections only apply to U.S. citizens” is simply false. And this is not even remotely controversial. This is the kind of claim that can only be made by someone who is totally ignorant of both the text and meaning of the Constitution and of two centuries of legal precedent as well.

Now, as to the specific claim that we could forbid all Muslims from emigrating to the United States and not have that be a violation of the First Amendment, again he is simply wrong. It is true that those seeking entry into the country do not get all of the protections in the Bill of Rights and that there are some specific exemptions in the law that cover border security and immigration (for instance, the government can search you without probable cause at the border). But that doesn’t mean they don’t have any protections at all, nor does it mean that the government is therefore free to do anything it wants without any constitutional limitations.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

No, I saw it.
Still came to the same conclusion that you are reaching as far as you can to blame something, anything on Trump.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'm pretty sure we have enough illegals to tide us over for awhile. We shouldn't be allowing more people in while we are flooded with illegals. Your point doesn't really stand when we're talking about legal immigrants anyway.

Nope, it still stands just fine. Legal immigrants still take up the lion's share of low-status jobs, because they're willing to take the jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join