It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Junkheap
Here in Philadelphia, there was a guy that was beat up just for speaking Arabic. This was in January.

www.metro.us...

.... and in here in Philadelphia there was a cop shot by an ISIS sympathizer while the cop was just sitting in his car. This was in January.

A 30-year-old man who allegedly ambushed and shot a Philadelphia police officer sitting in his patrol car confessed he did it in the name of the Islamic State, presumably referring to the terrorist group ISIS, officials said Friday.

www.cnn.com...

So you're defending violence against innocents because someone shot a cop? Okay.

Lol, wut?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Islamaphobia, the acceptable face of hate in the 21st century. No anti defamation league or cries of racism. So people feel they can hate this group without the repercussions of hating on other groups. and why not when the media does it too.

link   
Dp
edit on 26-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

link   
Nvm
edit on 26-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sure, why not

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Geezes, they got to get in, first of all!

How are you going to prescreen them before setting foot on US soil?

Besides, it doesn't cover ILLEGALS, for heaven's sake!

Geezes, why don't you people ever look these things up before making claims?

Truth: Undocumented immigrants DO have legal rights under the U.S. Constitution and federal statute. As far back as 1896, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that: “The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens.

You can be a non-citizen and legal in the USA and be covered.

True
edit on 26-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

A cult? I'm not a trump supporter...

Krazy is making the correlation and I'm dispelling that correlation, and of course I don't condone hates crimes, so what's the problem here?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yah, at this point I'm kind of hoping he does make it into office, if only to shake things up a lot. I mean yah, he's a business tycoon, big deal. We've had generals and an actor as president too. Big whoop.

I'm tired of it being establishment pols, dynasties or corporate owned cronies.

What cracks me up is the "It will be the end of everything!" people.

I'm like: Really? Y'all said that about Obama....and W. Bush...and Billy......hell, I bet people were saying that about Thomas Jefferson.

I'll tell you the candidate I'd vote for: The one that promises and makes good on term limits for Senators and Reps! Place age limits on SCOTUS judges. Change how lobbying is done, campaign donations, etc, etc.

Foreign policy, domestic economies, amount a few things are important, but right now it seems to me what is REALLY wrong with our government, is the government itself.

I'd like to see it get fixed first. Better yet: I'd like to see it scrapped and started over again with things that make more sense.

Of course I'd like a pony too, but I don't think that's going to happen either......

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Well said, and I agree 100% Rock and roll.

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Islamaphobia, the acceptable face of hate in the 21st century. No anti defamation league or cries of racism. So people feel they can hate this group without the repercussions of hating on other groups. and why not when the media does it too.

Oh please let's pretend that religion has nothing to do with what's happening in the world, give me a break.

No one is blaming an entire religion but ignoring the commonality of the roll religion is playing in what's happening geopolitical is complete ignorance.

link   

This election I refuse to vote for either the left or right. I am voting Libertarian I know they will not win even though the party is already polling nationally at 10% without a front-runner.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I know the US has done a lot of horrible things in the past, but we generaly do not repeat those blunders primarily by ruling such things unconstitutional.

I am not worried that if Trump actually became elected that he could follow through on banning a faith. It wouldn't happen because we already have the 14th amendment.

But, there a lot of stupid people that believe it will happen and they vote.

And some of them believe that they can run around committing assault because all the Muslims will be deported.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Kali74

Your totally.missing the point, way over your head.

I'm pointing out the duality of the far left perspective of defending Muslims but not defending Christians and yes faith is the major deciding factor in these people are being treat in both their host and home country.

Undeniable facts that religion is playing a roll in all of this.

But I'm just stupid for pointing out these inconsistencies according to some people.

The problem with your argument is that Christians are not in need of defending in this country. They are not being persecuted, despite the widespread problem of victim mentality.

If a candidate were to say that we need to stop Christians from coming in to this country, I believe many of us that are defending Muslims would defend Christians.

So your assertion is pure trash and nothing more than a red herring. You're trying to distract from the issues with one group of people by creating a false narrative about another group.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

A cult? I'm not a trump supporter...

You don't have to be a Trump supporter. I'm just seeing odd behaviour in people on both sides of the political spectrum. It's quite cult-like.

The wave of left-wing extremism is deplorable, but this wave of right-wing politics is also worrisome. Things are starting to look like 1920's/1930's Europe...

Krazy is making the correlation and I'm dispelling that correlation, and of course I don't condone hates crimes, so what's the problem here?

I'm making more of a general comment of people's statements rather than a specific one aimed at you - so i apologise if you took the brunt of it because i clicked on the reply button next to your post.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No one has said all Muslims will be deported, or even some, what good does misrepresenting the argument do you? Can't even have a beneficial conversation with you. If someone believes that they're a complete igmo, so I hope you don't believe it either.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Defending Muslims HERE in the US where we have a say over our laws and policies. I can't do anything about the Christians being targeted in ME countries but here's a shocker for you... their Muslim neighbors can and do help them. Where's YOUR posts about that?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Read more carefully. I didn't say Trump said he would do that, I said SOME (notice the lack of lumping, try it sometime hater) of them think all Muslims will be deported.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Fair enough, I think we are seeing escalation on both sides, however there are underlying issues that aren't being addressed, and because of that we will continue to see the rise of far right nationalism and far left authoritarianism. And you are right it's not just happening in the U.S it's happening throughout the west, interesting times.
edit on 26-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've read the study before when it first came out. Note how it counts "reported" incidents, meaning anyone can claim a crime is anti-Muslim and it would show up on this list. For instance it mentions the Chapel hill shooting, simply because the victims were Muslim, and for no other reason.

The "study" searches online articles for stories of people claiming anti-Muslim hate crimes, with a little bit of help from CAIR, (kind of like Trump using bunk statistics from white supremacists), but cite no actual hate crimes statistics.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join