It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah because there aren't enough of them yet.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnBreakable

By that same token. Notice that neither America, nor the majority of 1st world Europe are on that list. Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Christians are in danger in many middle eastern countries where Sharia and Islamic law are nationalised why don't you put a cross on your neck and go walk around Karachi or Kabul or Ramada and tell me how it goes.

There's a very clear bias here to defend Muslims but not Christians and realllllllllly OBVIOUS

But hey Christians were bad during the 1500s 8 mean Catholics, sorry not the same thin g my bad

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well Krazy it's important to point to the right document. I'm not "playing" at anything.

The US signed that UN charter, so yah, here in the US you have Human Rights too. Just helping you point to the right document is all.

Human Rights apply to all humans in any country that has agreed to that Charter. US included.

Calm down. Have a coffee (yah, okay, that's most likely an oxymoron there....)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Christians AREN't in danger from MUSLIMS in those countries? Who tortures, persecutes, and kills them, the Scientologists?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

At best it's willfully ignorance to present an argument that Christians are not in serious danger in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, and other countries.

He'll it's not just Christians either it's specific cultural/ ethnic groups within these Christians that are truly facing apartheid like the ASSYRIAN Christians among others.

The west hugely misunderstands what's happening in the middle east and the culture there.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You are comparing that to a religion test which be as un-American as one can be. Israel does it though.

Immigration and Nationality Act to include a new SEC. 220. PROHIBITION ON DENYING ADMISSION BECAUSE OF RELIGION that reads ‘‘Notwithstanding any other provision of the immigration laws, an alien may not be denied admission to the United States because of the alien’s religion or lack of religious beliefs.’’

But, as pointed out he wants to stop all Muslims from even entering the country be it business, pleasure, or otherwise. Not even Israel does that.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Everyone is in danger from the migrant crisis. Look at some of the things coming out of those countries. Women should make sure to stand X amount of distance, not go out at night etc...

I don't for a second believe that all muslims are bad, just that we need to be able to weed out the bad ones to keep our countries safe. We don't need them turning certain areas into mini Iran's because they refuse to assimilate.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: TheBulk

Except you haven't pointed out a single lie I'm spreading about him.

Please quote a single thing Donald Trump has said that is hateful or inciting violence towards Muslims. Just one thing.

Donald Trump's Call to Ban Muslim Immigrants

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Dude..add the rest of the title...
Donald Trump's Call to Ban Muslim Immigrants

The Republican frontrunner demands a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

I just put the part that was in quotes. You know the words he said? I'm sure we can all figure out it was Donald Trump or as the article put it, the Republican frontrunner.

In quotes above.

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Or was the quotes on the cherry picked click baiting title?

You lost me brother

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

No, no, liberal ideology is destroying all concepts of morality, after all they believe everything is relative. Should we be surprised that these SJWs come here exclaiming 174 cases of hate crime as proof that the right is bigoted? However they cannot make the same correlation between Islam and the attacks that happen everyday around the world by Muslim extremists.

These people are so far removed from reality, and they literally are going to # themselves when Trump becomes president and ask " how did this happen?" yet they will quickly form the foolish answer, that our country is primarily made up of racists and bigots, so they will buckle down and commit to even more social engineering, thing is, this is the death spiral of the extreme left ideology.

People are already waking up to this reality, and they are fighting back on campuses as the left tries to shut them down, and they are fighting back by voting Trump, anyway this thread is just an exercise in the futility, that is the modern progressive mind.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I don't think their all bad either but to ignore the common denominator connecting these extremist is worse than ignorant.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The west hugely misunderstands what's happening in the middle east and the culture there.

The west, in particular, the US knows damn well what's happening to Christians over there. But it's ignored, mostly because of all the $ we have tied to Saudi Arabia. This admin is quick to admit if there is any hint of Muslim bias, but dragged their feet in admitting Christian genocide was taking place in the ME. And this mindset will continue with a Hillary presidency since the Clinton Foundation received @ 100 million $ from over there.

Why won’t U.S. admit ISIS genocide against Christians?

www.worldmag.com...

Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Bill & Hillary $100 Million

dailycaller.com...

edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You're hugely off-topic but I'll answer. What goddamn difference does it make whether a person is Muslim or Christian in the sense of needing to flee a war-torn area and get to safety? Get the people to safety. You want Christians to have a higher priority as refugee's and to that I say... screw you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

By that same token. Notice that neither America, nor the majority of 1st world Europe are on that list. Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Erm, can all the people who are rightly pointing out that Christians in Iraq and other countries are being persecuted please take a good look at Krazyshot's original post? You have some apologising to do.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No, I'm pointing out that the US has prohibited people in the past from entering based on things other than their citizenship of another country.

Not that it was right, wrong, or anything else. Just that it has happened. Look at the list for 1917. We based it on people's sexual orientation???

Just showing that we have, in the past, based it on other things. And again: not that I agree with it.

And, with all things here in the US: acts can be repealed, laws changed, and new ammendments made. Doesn't make it right...or even wrong....it is what it is.

So for those that say: He can't because of "blah-blah" law, keep in mind that we have in the past changed things like that to make something happen.

We have also had a LOT of presidential candidates promise or say that they are going to do things.....and then once in office they don't, or it doesn't fly.

If I worried my entire life about what a presidential candidate was going to do once in office, I wouldn't have a stomach left as it would have been eaten up by ulcers long ago. It's much more important to worry about what they do once in office.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

And it's wrong, common sense would tell you that bigotry is directly related to the extreme violence coming from certain groups of Islamic people, not from trumps bellicose rhetoric, but go ahead and dismiss terrorism as you always do and instead talk about "right wing bigotry", krazyshot I hope one day you join us and gain some perspective.

Jesus Christ, you guys are starting to sound like a cult. It's getting just as bad as the social justice warrior bull#.

Does it really matter what these actions are related to? Regardless of whether these actions are related to Trump's rhetoric or terrorist attacks, the majority of Muslims are still normal people like you and me. Perhaps the people who are taking stands against Muslims should gain some perspective. I'm sure most Muslims don't want to hurt anyone, and i'm sure they don't want to be hurt either.
edit on 26-5-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
These people are so far removed from reality, and they literally are going to # themselves when Trump becomes president and ask " how did this happen?"

If Trump becomes president, before his term is up, it won't be just the left asking "how did this happen?", it'll be everyone.

I'll be back here saying, "I told you so."

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I know the US has done a lot of horrible things in the past, but we generaly do not repeat those blunders primarily by ruling such things unconstitutional.

I am not worried that if Trump actually became elected that he could follow through on banning a faith. It wouldn't happen because we already have the 14th amendment.

But, there a lot of stupid people that believe it will happen and they vote.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: avgguy

And last time I checked, non-American citizens aren't protected by our constitution.

Then you need to check again because the constitution applies to all people within its borders here legaly.

May constitutional amendments apply to those here illegally as well.

Within U.S. territory, non-citizens have rights because of the 14th Amendment, which declares “nor shall any State depriveany person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Geezes, they got to get in, first of all!

Besides, it doesn't cover ILLEGALS, for heaven's sake!

You can be a non-citizen and legal in the USA and be covered.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Your totally.missing the point, way over your head.

I'm pointing out the duality of the far left perspective of defending Muslims but not defending Christians and yes faith is the major deciding factor in these people are being treat in both their host and home country.

Undeniable facts that religion is playing a roll in all of this.

But I'm just stupid for pointing out these inconsistencies according to some people.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Consider the source.
The Slate is knows for its left-leaning bias.
If you try hard enough, you kind find any information to support an agenda.

And ditto this:

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

This is very funny to me. How can anyone claim that one mans words have a bigger impact than not one, but TWO terrorist attacks.
You are really, really reaching.

Whats causing a rise in Muslim Hate Crime
A) Terrorist Attack in Paris
B) Terrorist attack in California
or
C) Donald Trump proposing a halt on Muslim Immigration.

Before you answer, keep in mind that in the article, it claims the last big spike in these types of crimes came after what...
You guessed it.
A terrorist attack.

Well, here is a link to a Georgetown Report about the same thing.

We all know Georgetown has extreme left-wing educational bias, so I guess this is an invalid report concerning correlations between anti-Muslim rhetoric in politics and largely (right-wing) media.

I seem to recall an ATS thread on this not too long ago.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join