It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnBreakable

By that same token. Notice that neither America, nor the majority of 1st world Europe are on that list. Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Erm, can all the people who are rightly pointing out that Christians in Iraq and other countries are being persecuted please take a good look at Krazyshot's original post? You have some apologising to do.

Erm, apologize for what? I am just making a point that people are banned and persecuted no matter what religion. I also believe Trump is not the only problem, although, granted, he's not helping the situation. Is there a better way than banning until we get a better handle on those who are entering the US? Maybe. Is there any excuse for anti-Muslim hate? Absolutely not. Maybe I'm just a little more understanding about what he's getting at. I work in the insurance industry, and lost some colleagues I knew and worked with in the 9-11 attacks. Fifteen years later I'm still wary. Is every Muslim who wants to come to the US a terrorist? Of course not. But can a terrorist get in as part of an immigrant influx? Definitely. Is it profiling? Yes.
Is it the right thing to do or politically correct? No. Israel has been profiling on their airline for fifty years now. They haven't had a hijacking or plane incident since like 1968. A lot of people of course don't like Israel and they don't really care, as safety is their #1 concern over and above being pc.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As we have learned from transgender people, we shouldn't discriminate against anyone.

.....racists included. They have rights just like everyone else.

Besides, not all Trump supporters are racist. That guy was, but that guy isn't the majority.

I'm sure we can find Hillary or Bernie supporters that are equally racist.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Lol @ hater, you need to slow your roll Jr.

Anyway I'm glad you don't believe that, and like said if someone does believe that then they are igmos, but can you cite some examples of this taking place?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: eriktheawful

This election I refuse to vote for either the left or right. I am voting Libertarian I know they will not win even though the party is already polling nationally at 10% without a front-runner.

Yah, I voted for Gary Johnson last election. Might do it again this year. I'd really like to see some traction in the 3rd parties and break up this stupid "Left" or "Right" crap (and it is crap) that we have going on.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: C8H10N4O2

It's alright you got the right idea, you will come to learn Krazy makes an anti right wing bigotry thread at least once a month and apologizes for radical Islam; Seemingly oblivious as to why such ardent retort ensues.

So, asking as a friend here J...

If I get attacked in the coming months for being Muslim...

It's radical Islam's fault and not the bigot?

I don't agree with the OP blaming Trump...
But I also don't agree with the popular meme that Islam is to blame when a racist, and yes Islam isn't a race but the behaviour of these attackers is racist no doubt about it, when a racist attacks a Muslim.

The other day a woman had her Hijab ripped off and the thread in question was full of people blaming the woman for practicing her Faith...
Not he racist bigoted arsehole who did it.

So maybe this upturn in Islamophobic rhetoric does play a part, eh?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You're going to deny that you hate Liberals and Muslims?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Ah, I love it. Pinning anti-Muslim hate crimes on Trump because its all about the 1st Amendment, Freedom of Religion.

Which means that you are tacitly suggesting people must vote for Clinton, who will do anything possible to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment including appointing anti-gun Justices to the Supreme Court.

Personally, I'll keep my 2nd in trade for your 1st where the Muslims are concerned.

Wow that is the craziest leap of logic I've seen in this thread so far...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Islamaphobia, the acceptable face of hate in the 21st century. No anti defamation league or cries of racism. So people feel they can hate this group without the repercussions of hating on other groups. and why not when the media does it too.

Islamophobia is not even a real word or affliction.

Islam is not a race. It can and deserves to get the same crappy treatment as jews or christians etc.

Perhaps maybe more because it is also a political and judicial system.

link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Yeah because there aren't enough of them yet.

Enough? I didn't know there was supposed to be a limit to the acceptable number of Muslims in a country. Sounds like a bigoted statement to me.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It simply shows a correlation, that is all, but one that appears to have not existed to such a degree before the increase in anti-Muslim rhetoric.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: onequestion

Defending Muslims HERE in the US where we have a say over our laws and policies. I can't do anything about the Christians being targeted in ME countries but here's a shocker for you... their Muslim neighbors can and do help them. Where's YOUR posts about that?

No one has a problem with Muslims here what everyone has a problem with is the immigration process currently being used to vet possible terrorist from countries where we've been at war for 15 years or countries that agree worn torn and hot beds of terrorist activity.

Go ahead, keep trying to make everyone racist or whatever your agenda is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

By that same token. Notice that neither America, nor the majority of 1st world Europe are on that list. Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Christians are in danger in many middle eastern countries where Sharia and Islamic law are nationalised why don't you put a cross on your neck and go walk around Karachi or Kabul or Ramada and tell me how it goes.

Yeah well so are moderate muslims. Newflash, it isn't safe to be anyone but a fundamentalist in those areas. That isn't a failing of Muslims though. It is just part of fundamentalism.

There's a very clear bias here to defend Muslims but not Christians and realllllllllly OBVIOUS

But hey Christians were bad during the 1500s 8 mean Catholics, sorry not the same thin g my bad

Which Christians are being persecuted in the United States? I never expected a Christian Persecution Complex to come from you... Oh well. It's lazy arguing so I won't address it any further than this.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Thus Christians AREN'T in danger from Muslims in those countries, thus the fears towards them in those countries are unfounded.

Christians AREN't in danger from MUSLIMS in those countries? Who tortures, persecutes, and kills them, the Scientologists?

Correct. Christians aren't in danger from Muslims in the United States and 1st world Europe. The numbers bare this out, if you'd bother to check them instead of relying on baseless rhetoric.

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Brother, I stand up for people who are attacked for their religion and I don't condone it, I think the uptick in anti Islam rhetoric is directly related to Islamic extremism, and the ignorance and lack of nuance many (bigots) have, so a lot of people just hear ,"oh another attack" and they say # ALL Muslims, and perhaps even smaller groups go out and commit crimes against Muslims which is wrong.

having said all that, of course it's the fault of the bigot, my point in all of this thread, is that, blaming trump is nothing more than a shallow hit piece, and it doesn't truly investigate the reasons people are committing these crimes, regardless, and what a lot of people don't know is that I regularly make attempts to understand and defend all people including Muslims, I just think this OP was dishonest.

And if you get attacked, then I'll fight right along with you.
edit on 26-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It simply shows a correlation, that is all, but one that appears to have not existed to such a degree before the increase in anti-Muslim rhetoric.

or before the increase in Islamic terror attacks.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You know what, you don't know me at all! I don't hate liberals, and I don't not hate Muslims, I do have a dislike for assholes. You are pissing in the wind right now.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: TheBulk

Except you haven't pointed out a single lie I'm spreading about him.

Please quote a single thing Donald Trump has said that is hateful or inciting violence towards Muslims. Just one thing.

Donald Trump's Call to Ban Muslim Immigrants

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Dude..add the rest of the title...
Donald Trump's Call to Ban Muslim Immigrants

The Republican frontrunner demands a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

I just put the part that was in quotes. You know the words he said? I'm sure we can all figure out it was Donald Trump or as the article put it, the Republican frontrunner.

In quotes above.

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Or was the quotes on the cherry picked click baiting title?

You lost me brother

You lost me too, because I'm not sure what you are trying to suggest that I left out. I see those words that Trump said as anti-Muslim. As do many other people in this country.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

BS and deflection.

link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, can all the people who are rightly pointing out that Christians in Iraq and other countries are being persecuted please take a good look at Krazyshot's original post? You have some apologising to do.

Don't expect any of that. If you defend Muslims on ATS you are hated irrationally. Them's the rules.

link   

originally posted by: Junkheap

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Junkheap
Here in Philadelphia, there was a guy that was beat up just for speaking Arabic. This was in January.

www.metro.us...

.... and in here in Philadelphia there was a cop shot by an ISIS sympathizer while the cop was just sitting in his car. This was in January.

A 30-year-old man who allegedly ambushed and shot a Philadelphia police officer sitting in his patrol car confessed he did it in the name of the Islamic State, presumably referring to the terrorist group ISIS, officials said Friday.

www.cnn.com...

So you're defending violence against innocents because someone shot a cop? Okay.

The cop wasn't innocent? He was just sitting in his car for Christ's sake. I'm not defending either action. I'm pointing out that you presented an example of an innocent guy getting attacked for speaking Arabic, I could be wrong, but he probably is Muslim. And I gave an example of an innocent guy getting attacked because he wasn't Muslim. See, it works both ways. Jesus H. Christ, guys with pretzel logic like yours are gonna give me a stroke.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join