It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Many true colours showing in this thread.
I reckon a load of folk replying here would totally freak if they lived in my area, quite a large trans community because it is a tolerant place.

I'm actually surprised all these ignoramuses are here on ATS, I always thought trailer parks in the redneck states had really bad Internet connections.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Why would I be a biggot for not liking to be called scared? I have 2 gay friends, and 2 that don't know they are.

You never answered me about knowing me.

If you are who I think you are, I stood up for yours at one time.

Remember the bus rides?

The one guy who stood up to a mean song that some bully made about you.

If it is you, that is cool, I hope you are doing well, and don't call me out by name, I won't do it either.

Ps..I don't like any of the candidates besides Paul, I just think the meme is funny
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I just now saw it.

I don't know what sort of "relationship" you were asking about.

I'm heterosexual. I have friends who are not, because they exist in my profession (social work - both as clients and colleagues) and in some of the organizations I've joined (seasonal festivals) and jobs I've had (hospitality).
I haven't had "relationships" beyond friendship with any of them. But I've come to know them and respect them.
What they do in private is their business.
When they talk about the emotional pain they endure at the hands of bigoted haters, it's "my" business.

edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
a reply to: Rocker2013

I stoppped at your first paragraph because I won't argue my beliefs with you, anyone on here or anyone in any part of the world.

Not everyone will agree with your agenda, get used to it.

My "agenda" is everyone being treated equally under the law.
The fact that you think this is an "agenda" tells me all I need to know about your beliefs.
No discussion and no debate needed, you're one of those who believes others should be considered as second class citizens and that people like you have a right to control what rights and freedoms they have.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I have certainly been surprised at the hostility to an 'international day' which is simply to raise awareness of real hatred to a specific social demographic.
It is rather telling of those who appear to be so angry about such things.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: VashTheStampede
When is the day against heterophobia?

Never heard of it.

Well then we need to set this up, right here, right now. Apparently I'm a monster because I'm so fond of women that I won't understand the gay lifestyle.

I'm a damn monster.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

If you are who I think you are, I stood up for yours at one time.

Remember the bus rides?

The one guy who stood up to a mean song that some bully made about you.

If it is you, that is cool, I hope you are doing well, and don't call me out by name, I won't do it either.

Nope, wasn't me.

Don't know what you're talking about.

No one made a mean song about me.

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is a good thing. People who have an irrational fear of homos and trannys should be wiped from the face of the planet. Now all you have to do is point me in their direction, because I don't know anyone that fits that description.

Well I do know one now that I think about it... my 7 year old daughter. The other day we were in the mall and an obvious man in a dress walked past us. She squeezed my leg really tight then looked up at me and asked "Daddy is that a boy or a girl?"

So technically she's a transphobe. I guess I should've punched the little bigot in the mouth huh?

edit on 17-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I'm actually surprised all these ignoramuses are here on ATS, I always thought trailer parks in the redneck states had really bad Internet connections.

What a horrible viscous biased bigoted that statement is.

And stereotypical and stigmatized too.

link   

My "agenda" is everyone being treated equally under the law.

I did notice the "straight only" water fountains at the arena last night.
edit on 17-5-2016 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

link   
Everyone has the right to be happy. I get it.

But, the fact that we no longer have a day that isn't a "DAY" for something, makes me unhappy.

"Special Days"

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have certainly been surprised at the hostility to an 'international day' which is simply to raise awareness of real hatred to a specific social demographic.

It's a response to the attitude the OP expressed. I don't have a problem with international gay day. I have a problem with the OP going all victim and getting upset someone had the gall to question her. Very low energy. Very rude.

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I have a problem with the OP going all victim and getting upset someone had the gall to question her. Very low energy. Very rude.

Makes you wonder who's actually intolerant as well as ignorant doesn't it?

link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

But, the fact that we no longer have a day that isn't a "DAY" for something, makes me unhappy.

Why is that something to be unhappy about?

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Mandroid7

You are a bigot fighting what you call bigots? And meanwhile making sure we all know you don't like Bernie and you go to their mom's house.

Nice.

I am a civil rights fighter. I think you wandered into the wrong break-out session here. The right-wing echo chambers of hatred and disagreement are downstairs.

Boy, it didn't take you long to start calling people names.

I guess you were just looking to troll some trolls,eh. Well no need for me to come back. Enjoy

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Unfortunately this happens on ATS, and it happens quite regularly.
This place used to be a good forum, until the RWNJ's arrived.

You'll notice the same people popping up in the same discussions too, many of those in this thread are regular preachers of hate and ignorance toward black people, refugees, Muslims... basically all the usual targets of attack by these right wing nut jobs.

Pick one out and go and take a look at their posting history, it's really enlightening.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well if we can all play nice it could be an interesting discussion.
We can often forget the horrors people around the world can face for being transgendered or gay, whatever, especially if we don't see it ourselves.

As I said, I live in a very tolerant place and trans folk are not uncommon in town. I have to remind myself that they are ridiculed, beaten, abused and even killed in parts of the world.
This thread reminded me to think of that for a while, I'm glad the OP was posted.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What a horrible viscous biased bigoted that statement is.

And stereotypical and stigmatized too.

I trust you understand IRONY, yes?

link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Don't be rude. Really? First thing out of the chute, you're rude?

You don't get to dictate what other people are allowed to post in your thread.

Expressing an opinion is not rude.

How does having a special day in any way impact how people are treated? It's dumb. There's a day for EVERYTHING now. It's lost all meaning. It's dumb.
What he said.
I have never heard so much tripe in all of my life as having a day to celebrate gays and trannies.
Oh and we dare not celebrate them with their deviation from the norm or we will be called all sorts of names- well fire away call me bigot or whatever.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ok, but buzzy, you have an absolute twin out there.
Holy sht, was the first thing I thought when I saw your pic.
You don't have a sister named Joni?
Wasn't trying to be condescending with story, that actually happened.

Anyway, party on, sorry to derail topic

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join