It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Expressing an opinion rudely IS RUDE.

And you all know what's the funniest part of it?

If you'd just leave them alone to live their lives, there wouldn't need to be an "International Day" to discourage hatred. If you'd stop, SO WOULD THEY!

edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: mikeone718
Don't they already have those pride parades?

Yes, and your point is?
Do you believe that having a pride parade in London or New York is somehow an international recognition of Human rights for all?

I don't know if you've seen these parades, but EVERYONE in NYC recognizes them.

Besides that, I don't think that anyone's human rights have been violated in a civilized part of the world since probably the last war in the Balkans. True story.

How about MY human rights? Why should I feel like I'm being forced to accept something that I don't totally agree with? Where's my flippin' parade?

+23 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
While I fully agree that EVERYONE has the right to be happy, it's kind of ironic that the people promoting all this "equality" need to be reminded that in this big world, there are some who would rather not have this lifestyle thrown in their faces. They might prefer that you keep your sexuality to yourself as they do from you. But I suppose that's just not PC these days.

link   
This scares me.

+16 more 
link   
Whether I agree with the lifestyle or choices some people make should mean nothing to anyone but me. What I object to is people trying to empower themselves by labeling me with the title "-phobe" just because i disagree with their choices. I can dislike something or disagree with it without being afraid of it.

Go do your thing, but do it without making me your stepping stone to some perceived higher ground. I dont like getting stepped on and I tend to snap at that...
edit on 17-5-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I even asked nicely to please keep it positive - and you just couldn't help yourselves. Amazing.

I'd say that you had something of an idea that there would be negativity with a sensitive subject such as this - so - why fan the flames by creating this thread?

+14 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think calling people hateful bigots and ugly Americans is rude. Stating that you don't care some arbitrary day is supposed to somehow change the way people are treated is not rude. It's an opinion.

I'm all for equal rights and dislike people who are nasty to gay folks. This still seems incredibly pointless.

+10 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You are taking it that way. That is not my intention.

I am dead serious buzzy.

I just get irritated with this topic.

Too many victims.

We are being systematically divided.

Out and about, I just don't see the abuse the gay people are claiming.

I am not scared of much, but I get pissed off when the victims are calling me scared, because I don't like their lifestyle?

They are gay bigots.

What is the point of this op? I mean, even your first response to me was complete victimization.

I am a pretty blunt, no bs guy. Sorry if that came across as an attack. Not my intention.

This topic riles me up, 'cause we have bigger problems now.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How is using accurate adjectives to describe behavior rude? It is accuracy.

It's not like these people are masking it somehow.

edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'm not trying to take away from your thread, we certainly need positive progress in the world. But at this time, I feel like this specific topic is going to get people riled up because we are being bombarded from every direction with it. There are DEFINITELY people who need to become educated about the subject, and fear of the unknown is a big piece of it. However, the "official narrative" being told by our legislators (motivated by special interest groups) is that transexuality is pretty much a normal thing, even to the point of encouraging adolescents to question their gender identity, which most of them probably never would have questioned otherwise.

The family unit is already broken in America, they've been effectively damaging the family unit, stay at home moms, married parents, etc. for decades. This is just another tool to divide and conquer and keep us confused and helpless against their agendas (which do NOT have our best interests at heart). That's my 2 cents.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'll keep it positive! Although, I've never really understood the "phobia" thing. To me, a "phobia" is an irrational fear. So, to me, if a person imitates a fainting goat out of sheer terror of the presence of a "Gay" person, that would somewhat make sense. So, I kinda think of irrational hatred of Gay people as "HomoBigotry", but I guess no one liked that term.

I've never hated Gay people, I've even assisted a Gay couple in their adoptions. Nice folks actually, who fostered kids abused in Hetero homes. Go figure. There's "good" and "bad" of every stripe.

I think we've mostly "gotten" this in Western countries, but somebody really needs to get on the ISIS types for pitching gay people off roofs.

+7 more 
link   

I haven't seen anything hateful, doesn't seem like you're using accurate adjectives. I don't know why you focused on Americans either.

Someone says "I don't care". Hateful ugly American bigot!

Which seems worse. Be honest with yourself.

link   
a reply to: FamCore

The family unit is already broken in America, they've been effectively damaging the family unit, stay at home moms, married parents, etc. for decades.

Who is "they"?

I was a stay at home mom - married until my husband decided to divorce me. And he's not gay.
It doesn't "damage the family unit" for people to love each other.

Sheesh, and.....
another thread goes up in flames due to the right-wing takeover of ATS.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

He said "who cares", not "I don't care."

And if you don't care (you in the general sense), why post? Just so we know you "don't care"? What's the use of that?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm just curious...

If your strait...

Would you have a relationship with a transsexual person let's say if... she used to be a man and your a man or vice versa ?

How do you feel about that

Just curious I don't know how I would handle that I don't think I could. I want a real woman I don't know I don't like guys.

Nothing against anyone just really curious about that
edit on 5/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I am dead serious buzzy.

I just get irritated with this topic.

THEN DON'T ENTER THREADS THAT ADDRESS THIS TOPIC!

How hard is that?

How hard is it to keep your irritation to yourself on a topic you don't want to discuss? Did someone force you to enter the thread? Your entire attitude is sour - just your attitude as expressed in your avatar and in your posts is irritating to me and lots of others.
Apparently you get off on being as irritating as possible?

I'm serious too!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm not saying gay people "damage the family unit", you misunderstood. I'm talking about the economic situation that is making it more and more difficult for a family to survive on 1 income, thus requiring both parents to work to provide for the family. This means it's tougher to be a stay at home mom, and the offspring spend more time in childcare, less time at home. More stress in the household in general, more divorces. "They" would be the globalists and career politicians who are hellbent on eliminating the middle class and the public's ability to stand up to them.

+13 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Sheesh, and.....
another thread goes up in flames due to the right-wing takeover of ATS.

Holy #. Are you for real?

you must be new here. A hint for you, In May of the year 2016, if you identify as a conservative republican, you are the devil. And likely a homophobe.

My God, the victim mentality is strong.

+15 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

When are they gonna have a kids disappearing and dying and being sold into sex slavery day? That's a real issue, not this.

Or even a we cant feed every one, but we can waste alot of food day? Another real issue, this thread and issue is garbage.

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Your entire attitude is sour - just your attitude as expressed in your avatar and in your posts is irritating to me and lots of others.
Apparently you get off on being as irritating as possible?

Don't start threads if you can't handle a conversation with someone who doesn't agree with you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join