It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Who cares?

I'll bet Trump cares. The gay vote could very well be the deciding factor in his election.

He has already pissed off women and minorities; lose the gays and their families....adios Donald!

Whose next Trump? Christians?

I think Trump knows he is SOL and is just now going thru the motions. Why, you ask....Ask Clinton....

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

originally posted by: Rocker2013
My "agenda" is everyone being treated equally under the law.

I did notice the "straight only" water fountains at the arena last night.

History of violence against LGBT people in the United States

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Who cares?

Millions of LGBT people around the world who are systematically denied equal rights and freedoms - or worse - based on nothing but who they love, their gender or identity.
?

Could you name a few of the equal rights and freedoms they are being denied?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
What he said.
I have never heard so much tripe in all of my life as having a day to celebrate gays and trannies.
Oh and we dare not celebrate them with their deviation from the norm or we will be called all sorts of names- well fire away call me bigot or whatever.

You most definitely are a bigot.
But then you know this already.

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well if we can all play nice it could be an interesting discussion.
We can often forget the horrors people around the world can face for being transgendered or gay, whatever, especially if we don't see it ourselves.

Agreed. It is good to be reminded that people are getting tossed of of roofs for their sexual orientation.

As I said, I live in a very tolerant place and trans folk are not uncommon in town.

So do I. Not uncommon at all.

link   
Did you know there's a World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse? Is that a stupid day where one would say "who cares"?
www.apa.org...

Did you know there's a World Human Trafficking Day? Is that a stupid day where one would say "who cares"?
www.un.org...

Did you know there's an International Day for the Violence against Women? Is that a stupid day where one would say "who cares"?
en.wikipedia.org...

Gay and Transgender people are tortured and killed and marginalized in certain parts of the world. They are still fighting for rights in first world countries like the U.S.

Yet, when someone mentions that there is an International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia - people think it's appropriate to say "who cares". I wonder why that is?
edit on 17-5-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you require a parade and for everyone around you to acknowledge the fact that you are good with your sexual choices?

Nope but then again nobody ever says they're "forced to accept" me either. Nobody ever says crap like they'd "rather not have [my heterosexual] lifestyle thrown in their faces" either.

This is typical authoritarian conservative thinking in my opinion. It's as though conservatives believe that other people require their acceptance. What's ironic to me is that days like this seem to essentially be about people trying to get that acceptance.

So in a way, it's this conservative need to have the power to approve or disapprove of other people that causes other people to seek their approval in the first place. In other words, conservatives are whining about something that they cause to exist with their illiberal mindsets and if they would just stop thinking that they have a right to tell people who to be or how to live then there wouldn't be an "International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia" for them to whine about.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It continues to surprise me on ATS and elsewhere on the internet.
I can't remember the last time anyone in real life said something horrible about X social demographic right now.
I'm sure I know racists, folk who hate on gender/sexuality, etc but they certainly keep themselves quiet in my life.
Online, wow, people speak their minds lol

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Who cares?

Millions of LGBT people around the world who are systematically denied equal rights and freedoms - or worse - based on nothing but who they love, their gender or identity.
?

Could you name a few of the equal rights and freedoms they are being denied?

New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans

Report: LGBT Americans Still Face Wide-Spread Inequality

Mapping anti-gay laws in Africa

LGBT Equality and rights in Europe

Jamaica: Unchecked Homophobic Violence

There's plenty more of course, but then you know this already.

+9 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Many true colours showing in this thread.
I reckon a load of folk replying here would totally freak if they lived in my area, quite a large trans community because it is a tolerant place.

I'm actually surprised all these ignoramuses are here on ATS, I always thought trailer parks in the redneck states had really bad Internet connections.

You must use that donation button an awful lot. I've never seen anyone else get away with the amount of hateful garbage you spew all over these boards.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So some want a hero male white pride parade? I'm sure you'll find one somewhere, or start your own movement, it's a free country.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Avoid a lot of mirrors?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

My "agenda" is everyone being treated equally under the law.

I did notice the "straight only" water fountains at the arena last night.

History of violence against LGBT people in the United States

Everyone has a bad history of some sort.

I did notice my neighbor being upset a few days ago, however, that his little girl will soon have to share a bathroom with a confused crossdresser.

That stinks. Now an honest taxpayer will have to worry over his daughter's safety just so that another individual feels comfortable. I wonder if you understand irony.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Because, let's face it, when they make a "DAY" for everything, then it takes away from issues that Should be important. Have you seen a list?

link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

It continues to surprise me on ATS and elsewhere on the internet.
I can't remember the last time anyone in real life said something horrible about X social demographic right now.
I'm sure I know racists, folk who hate on gender/sexuality, etc but they certainly keep themselves quiet in my life.
Online, wow, people speak their minds lol

I tend to think that most of these people are like the racists of yesteryear, they'll be openly racist about someone (not to anyone) then someone will point out their friend of that race and they'll say "but they're different".

You even see it here, people will say they have LGBT friends in one line, then in the next they're saying that LGBT people don't deserve protections in employment, that they don't deserve the right to marry their partner, thet they don't need the right to visit their dying partner in hospital, that they shouldn't be permitted to stay in their shared home when one of them dies, that they should be able to be evicted without warning...

They're either lying about having LGBT friends (perhaps to give the impression that they're not as bigoted as they actually are) or they truly do think that their LGBT friend doesn't hate them for their attitudes.

Most of these people, if they do have LGBT "friends", are simply tolerated by those LGBT people because they have more class.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Many true colours showing in this thread.
I reckon a load of folk replying here would totally freak if they lived in my area, quite a large trans community because it is a tolerant place.

I'm actually surprised all these ignoramuses are here on ATS, I always thought trailer parks in the redneck states had really bad Internet connections.

You must use that donation button an awful lot. I've never seen anyone else get away with the amount of hateful garbage you spew all over these boards.

Go back and read your last comment.
Hypocrite.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This cause is so much more important than the homeless issue.

link   
Wheres George Bush and the Mission Accomplished banner when you need it?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What a horrible viscous biased bigoted that statement is.

And stereotypical and stigmatized too.

I trust you understand IRONY, yes?

Yes, I get it.

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Right but you totally avoided the question.

I mean, could you see yourself getting married to a man/woman who used to be a man/ woman?

I'm.really just curious since your here fighting for their rights is that something you could see yourself doing?

I've admitted that I can't. I don't really know why I feel that way but knowing a woman was born a man I don't think I could do it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join