It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't mean disrespect buzzy. This is a good topic, if we can keep it clean.

Not to sound like a wierdo, but If that is your pic, dude, I think you know me anyway.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I totally agree with you, then.
This thread isn't discussing those very real problems, though.

I'm a middle-class person myself, from a middle-class background, with two millennial kids....
we are all struggling to sustain our "middle-class" lifestyle.

I don't see how gender issues are hurting the middle-class. Kids that nobody wanted are being adopted by happy same-sex partners....those same people who hate on gays and are scared of trans- people are the "pro-life" types - who only care about those babies BEFORE they are born.

AFTER they are born, to hell with them!

No more free lunches for those kids!! (That's the latest out of some idiot Congressman).

You know what I hate?

Bigoted hypocrites. And now that the thread is completely derailed, consider me a casualty of my own mouth yet again - y'all are doing a tip-top job of running off the thinking people around here. Enjoy your echo chamber, everyone.

edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know as a heterosexual, I always hide my sexuality. Oh that's right, no I don't.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Can you answer my last response please

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede
When is the day against heterophobia?

When heterophobia exists, and when heterosexual people are being denied their basic rights and freedoms by others.
As that is not happening, anywhere in the world, you'll be waiting a while.

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Mandroid7

I am dead serious buzzy.

I just get irritated with this topic.

THEN DON'T ENTER THREADS THAT ADDRESS THIS TOPIC!

How hard is that?

How hard is it to keep your irritation to yourself on a topic you don't want to discuss? Did someone force you to enter the thread? Your entire attitude is sour - just your attitude as expressed in your avatar and in your posts is irritating to me and lots of others.
Apparently you get off on being as irritating as possible?

I'm serious too!!

Why make it personal? I don't want to be a civil rights fighter.
I am here to fight bigots using the term "phobia" instead of disagreement.

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: network dude

I know as a heterosexual, I always hide my sexuality. Oh that's right, no I don't.

Do you require a parade and for everyone around you to acknowledge the fact that you are good with your sexual choices?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

I'd say that you had something of an idea that there would be negativity with a sensitive subject such as this - so - why fan the flames by creating this thread?

Uh - because it was topical for today?
And since when are controversial topics to be avoided on ATS? I thought we were here to discuss Social Issues and Civil Unrest and Ignorance.

LOL!!

Wow. You all are amazing.

+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

And since when are controversial topics to be avoided on ATS?

They're not. You have to accept that not everyone is going to agree with your stance on controversial topics though.

Wow. You all are amazing.

We know.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You are a bigot fighting what you call bigots? And meanwhile making sure we all know you don't like Bernie and you go to their mom's house.

Nice.

I am a civil rights fighter. I think you wandered into the wrong break-out session here. The right-wing echo chambers of hatred and disagreement are downstairs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
I don't know if you've seen these parades, but EVERYONE in NYC recognizes them.

New York is not the world.
You might think it is, but the world is a much bigger place.

Besides that, I don't think that anyone's human rights have been violated in a civilized part of the world since probably the last war in the Balkans. True story.

You're obviously trolling, if you actually thought this you would probably be the most moronic poster on ATS.

How about MY human rights? Why should I feel like I'm being forced to accept something that I don't totally agree with? Where's my flippin' parade?

In what way are you being "forced" into anything?
Do you also imagine you're "forced" to each Chinese food because you have a restaurant down the street?

You are not being forced to do anything, the fact that you imagine your rights are being harmed by others being treated equally tells me everything I need to know about you.

It's the same doublespeak you haters are renowned for, it's somehow "intolerant" for people to stand up to your insane bigotry and hatred of others, you imagine that you have some hegemony on basic Human rights, that freedom and being treated with respect is specifically for you and those like you, and that everyone else is some kind of "sub Human" undeserving of being treated with decency.

Again, you are not being "required" to do anything, stop pretending that you are, it's pathetic.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Domo - this caught my eye when I went to the google home page.
The very fact that Google has it on their home page is the reason I posted it.
It's obviously something that someone wanted shared. I shared it.

So sue me.

Again - if you all are tired of hearing about it, then don't read about it!
You insisting that you're tired of it doesn't mean everyone has to shut up.....
all I requested was some decorum. (I really should have known better - that's like telling a kid to stay out of the cookie jar where the fresh, warm cookies are and leaving the room.)

I just keep thinking that ATS is a more intelligent collective than that -
thanks for reminding me, everyone! Again - and this will be my last post for now -
if you would stop bitching about them, they would stop complaining about the bitching.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Another great day for allowing people to be categorized and databased by big government.

I think most people prefer to keep the "Identities" private.

Religion, Gender and LGBTQ, Ethnic background, etc. are all categorized.

Only government can use it against you.

What happens when political atmospheres change and the "wrong" people start sorting and filtering the databases?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Many true colours showing in this thread.
I reckon a load of folk replying here would totally freak if they lived in my area, quite a large trans community because it is a tolerant place.
Even the physically 'obvious' male to female trans folk feel comfortable enough to walk through town without fear of ridicule or abuse. I like that.

I love that there are more tolerant and caring folk in my part of real life than there are hostile bigots.
The bigots are forced to change or temper their behaviour because they know the wider community will defend against them.

I'm a straight white male. I will defend those facing bigotry every time.
Many places in the world are not so tolerant so yeah, the 'international day' to call out such hatred is cool with me.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Wow. You are amazing.

That's what she said.

I couldn't help it, thank you.

edit on 17-5-2016 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: network dude
While I fully agree that EVERYONE has the right to be happy, it's kind of ironic that the people promoting all this "equality" need to be reminded that in this big world, there are some who would rather not have this lifestyle thrown in their faces. They might prefer that you keep your sexuality to yourself as they do from you. But I suppose that's just not PC these days.

Nothing is being thrown in your face, at least no more so than the existence of black people is being "thrown in your face".
I guess you feel the same way about them though, right? All that black music and black cinema! Why can't they just keep themselves to themselves and leave the rest of the world to you white people!? Right?

Am I close?

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I stoppped at your first paragraph because I won't argue my beliefs with you, anyone on here or anyone in any part of the world.

Not everyone will agree with your agenda, get used to it.

link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede
When is the day against heterophobia?

Never heard of it.

Suck it up buttercup.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: network dude
While I fully agree that EVERYONE has the right to be happy, it's kind of ironic that the people promoting all this "equality" need to be reminded that in this big world, there are some who would rather not have this lifestyle thrown in their faces. They might prefer that you keep your sexuality to yourself as they do from you. But I suppose that's just not PC these days.

Nothing is being thrown in your face, at least no more so than the existence of black people is being "thrown in your face".
I guess you feel the same way about them though, right? All that black music and black cinema! Why can't they just keep themselves to themselves and leave the rest of the world to you white people!? Right?

Am I close?

If you knew how wrong you were, you'd stick a sharp pencil in your eye.

Go get em SJW! make sure everyone knows what you think!!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Everyone just needs to respect others, even if you can't understand them or their life choices/beliefs.

But as you can see with this election season, very very few people are being respectful. If we disagree with them, they are "bad". If they support Trump, they are also bad, if they support Hillary, also bad.

Our whole society labels things as "good" and "bad" and "right" and "wrong". I think we need really just work on respecting other people, even if we disagree with them. And realize no one is truly "bad", maybe that should be the point of this international day. Accepting others, why did it have to be homophobia and transphobia and not islamophobia, which is also a big problem today? Probably because Google is in cohoots with our government and will do what they want. NVM I remember another person mentioned that this international day has been a thing since 2005.

I WOULD be curious to know if Google has had this International day advertised at times in the past as well though, that could be telling.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join