It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Funny, I don't see this on my wall calendar at all.... Hmm. Is my calendar bigoted, or worse??

These faux holidays/"awareness days" are starting to get annoying.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder how many others would feel the same?

I don't know if u could get over having that thought in the back of my mind.

Do they all have uniquely feminine qualities like a woman , I find women to be more emphatic and different in the way they think and act and handle situations and that's why I like them

Do they not posess masculine qualities?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The phobia suffix is overused, it means fear. You don't have to be afraid of something to not like it. Liver and onions is foul and I won't be around it, but that does not mean I fear it. Find a better word for people who don't like trans or whatever. Phobic is not it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I guess I'll find out if I ever find myself in that situation, but my instinct is I would not be discouraged if I found out someone was previously a man after I'd already decided I was sexually attracted to them.
It would be interesting, and I like interesting experiences.
I would certainly not recoil at the news, my sexual thoughts had already seen a woman I was attracted to.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

I agree.

It's all about how the MSM creates the crisis.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

''Phobic'' can also mean ''dislikes'', or mean an aversion to something. A material can be ''hydrophobic'' for example, meaning that it is repelled from water. (if I'm not too far off, here)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

crisis

What Crisis?

You Americans can be real drama queens sometimes,

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't understand why this is called a 'phobia'. I don't think people hate or are afraid of these people. It is more of a distaste for their lifestyle choices. Heck, we all do things other people don't agree with...it is part of being human. Anyway, the whole 'phobia' thing is an annoying misuse of the term.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You Americans can be real drama queens sometimes

Maybe you should be a little more tolerant of different cultures.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great thread and OP Buzzy!

I knew this would bring out the right wing wackos. LOL Wow..so much ignorance. Did half the people on ATS drop out of HIgh School? You show your ignorance and stupidity with lines like... "Who Cares" "keep it to yourselves" "Don't you already have Gay pride parades?"

Many people are systematically discriminated against and persecuted and bullied because of Sexual Orientation. That's backwards thinking. It's time to stand up for people that aren't treated fairly and it's time to help them stand up for themselves. Obviously, if this isn't an issue you care about...it begs the question why pop onto a thread and comment? Are you really that stupid?

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Just because people find your lifestyle disgusting doesn't mean they won't serve you a burger. Heck, I work fine with a lot of people I find disgusting without discriminating against them.

edit on 2016/5/17 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Phobia:A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation the affected person will go to great lengths to avoid, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed. Phobia
a reply to: Metallicus

link   

Some of my dearest friends are gay. I don't care if somebody is gay or not, don't care if somebody is trans or not either, my problem is having it waved in everyone's face. My gay pals don't care if I approve or not, why?? Because they have found it to be within themselves not to require the approval of others and simply be themselves. That is all this pomp and BS is, people trying to force people to approve of something that they are not going to. This whiny need for the approval of others is sad and sickening.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just because people find your lifestyle disgusting doesn't mean they won't serve you a burger. Heck, I work fine with a lot of people I find disgusting without discriminating against them.

For the record, I'm straight and married, but hate bullying in any form. I agree with you, that I can work with people I find disgusting too. But your response begs a question...are people that don't choose their sexual orientation disgusting? It's not a choice. Just like you being heterosexual isn't a choice. You did not wake up this morning and have to chose to like women, it was just there, yes?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm glad that equal rights changes have been made globally. Just not sure what a "Hey, I'm different" day accomplishes.

Isn't the end game that we are all viewed the same as humans and afforded all the same privilages.
Not that we all get a day showcasing how far we have come being different.

Shouldn't it be a day about the EQUAL RIGHTS not the people themselves and how they are their own group?
edit on 17-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Some of my dearest friends are gay. I don't care if somebody is gay or not, don't care if somebody is trans or not either, my problem is having it waved in everyone's face. My gay pals don't care if I approve or not, why?? Because they have found it to be within themselves not to require the approval of others and simply be themselves. That is all this pomp and BS is, people trying to force people to approve of something that they are not going to. This whiny need for the approval of others is sad and sickening.

It's not whiny approval, it's being treated fairly. Everyone should have the right to be treated fairly and protest and shout it from the roof tops until they are treated fairly. That's not called waiving it in someones' face.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus I tolerate American culture. Who doesn't like a McDonald's once in a while?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This thread sure made me more aware of conservaphobia.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
This thread sure made me more aware of conservaphobia.

And me more aware of liberal hyperbole.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Metallicus I tolerate American culture. Who doesn't like a McDonald's once in a while?

People with taste buds?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join