It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Did you know there's a World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse? Is that a stupid day where one would say "who cares"?
www.apa.org...

Did you know there's a World Human Trafficking Day? Is that a stupid day where one would say "who cares"?
www.un.org...

Did you know there's an International Day for the Violence against Women? Is that a stupid day where one would say "who cares"?
en.wikipedia.org...

Gay and Transgender people are tortured and killed and marginalized in certain parts of the world. They are still fighting for rights in first world countries like the U.S.

Yet, when someone mentions that there is an International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia - people think it's appropriate to say "who cares". I wonder why that is?

Why would you use examples that are all legit, then use one that is defined as a phobia?
This is the only problem I have with this topic.
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: grainofsand
Many true colours showing in this thread.
I reckon a load of folk replying here would totally freak if they lived in my area, quite a large trans community because it is a tolerant place.

I'm actually surprised all these ignoramuses are here on ATS, I always thought trailer parks in the redneck states had really bad Internet connections.

You must use that donation button an awful lot. I've never seen anyone else get away with the amount of hateful garbage you spew all over these boards.

Go back and read your last comment.
Hypocrite.

Explain to me what was hateful about it.

link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Everyone has a bad history of some sort.

So that's basically you saying you didn't read any of it.
You asked for examples of how LGBT people are not given basic equality, I gave it.
Now do your bit and actually read it.

originally posted by: mikeone718
I did notice my neighbor being upset a few days ago, however, that his little girl will soon have to share a bathroom with a confused crossdresser.

He should be more worried about the Republican politicians she might encounter.
More Republican politicians have been arrested and charged for sexual crimes against others in bathrooms than any transgender person.
Want to know how many transgender people have been arrested or convicted of any sexual crimes against anyone in a public bathroom?
Go on, guess.

link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
This cause is so much more important than the homeless issue.

We have a day for that.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

So what's so horrible about having a day for gays and transgender people who are tortured and killed throughout the world?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I'm sure if I were gay/trans/whatever I would probably fear a great many who post such thoughts on the internet.
I often wonder if they are the same in real life. I can't imagine hating on someone for their gender identity/sexuality etc.
It's a good job most bigots in my life are too # scared to share their bigotry in public for fear of the decent folks reaction.

Online though, they are fearless, it's all rather tragic.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Gays and transgender people being tortured, killed and marginalized in the world is not legit to you?

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: FamCore

The family unit is already broken in America, they've been effectively damaging the family unit, stay at home moms, married parents, etc. for decades.

Who is "they"?

I was a stay at home mom - married until my husband decided to divorce me. And he's not gay.
It doesn't "damage the family unit" for people to love each other.

Sheesh, and.....
another thread goes up in flames due to the right-wing takeover of ATS.

Did you not just say that the reason for your thread was to incite this reaction?

This is what you say you wanted but now you are upset about it and mention your former husband.

I wonder what he would say about that sort of behavior?

link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Read further back, buddy, I didn't ask for any examples of anything.

Before you reply back to me, just keep in mind, I will never agree with you. Deal with it. There's literally nothing you can do about it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
People still don't know what phobia means in 2016.

Grab a dictionary invalid.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Grab a dictionary invalid.

This is classic.

I'd eat that dictionary in a stew if I were you.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

That stinks. Now an honest taxpayer will have to worry over his daughter's safety just so that another individual feels comfortable. I wonder if you understand irony.

"honest taxpayer"

Are trans people not honest and do they not pay taxes? What a bizarre set of qualifiers.

The real irony as I see it is that because you are unwilling or incapable of empathizing with people you perceive as being not like you, you choose to feel bad for a person whose fearful because of his own ignorance and express disdain for the people that he'd have impacted by his ignorance.

If gun owners make me fearful, should those people not have guns or is it my problem that if I have an unreasonable fear of people owning guns?
edit on 2016-5-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That insult would hit home if I didn't know what phobia meant.

Consequently I do. Unlike many rabid right wingers that are crying about definitions without the slightest clue as to the truth.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Feel better to get that off your chest?

I won't agree with you either

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The comments here prove exactly the point and need of emancipation efforts for gay and trans people. I'd hate to be transgender in the USA right now.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExoticSpaceTiger
The comments here prove exactly the point and need of emancipation efforts for gay and trans people. I'd hate to be transgender in the USA right now.

I agree. I don't totally understand them but the ones I've met in my life I treat exactly like every other human being.

However I wouldn't have a long term relationship with a man who used to be a woman k knowingly.

I'm still self analyzing and thinking about this so I haven't really come to a conclusion about why or if I need to figure that out.

Maybe it's kind of like the trans person wanting to change their physical appearance. Maybe I was born that way.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trannies For Trump: Meet The Donald’s Genderbending Supporters

www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

True, having a day like this to bring awareness to the issues of treatment of gays and transgender people across the world won't change the minds of those who think these people are "icky".

But young people like my 14 year old daughter are more open-minded, and seeing and hearing about a day like this will help her understand what others go through in this world. Her generation will hopefully be much more tolerant than your generation.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
However I wouldn't have a long term relationship with a man who used to be a woman knowingly.

If the visual appearance of a woman attracted me and I then found out she used to be a man I'd run with it.
If my sexual attraction boxes are ticked then that would be good enough for me.

If I thought the person still looked overall physically male then I would not be attracted, but just similar to how I am not attracted to some manly looking straight female friends of mine.

The former gender thing wouldn't faze me or put me off if I was attracted to the person I see in front of me.
Nothing much fazes me though so different folks and all that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Mandroid7

Gays and transgender people being tortured, killed and marginalized in the world is not legit to you?

People do a lot of things.

Do you always use the most extreme cases to make your argument?

You mean you don't care that people put puppies in blenders?

Good god man.

We are the victims my friend, we will keep on fighting to the end.

...maybe you could come down from that horse and read my argument, before going into a false tirade about how I hate gays.

I HAVE GAY FRIENDS. THEY DONT SCARE ME.
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE TERM HOMOPHOBE.

-do you just skim through looking for an argument?

This op has turned toxic.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Bone75

Avoid a lot of mirrors?

I tend to speak truth, not hate. I'm not responsible for your selective comprehension.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join