It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Is there are is there not a law that prohibits discrimination based on sex in federally funded education? Based on that, couldn't non-adherence to this law result in lawsuits or removal of federal funding?

Isn't Obama just pointing out facts that currently exist? How is that authoritarian?

How is it sex discrimination?

The LGBT movement has been busy telling us forever that sex and gender are not the same.

You know, I consider America incredibly prudish. I spend a fair amount of time in Europe and coed bathrooms, locker rooms and saunas are far more regular to see. In places like Germany clothes aren't even allowed in many saunas and when there, it's completely normal for both sexes to mingle butt naked together and no one bats an eye.

So if America wants to head in that direction, go for it. But they aren't. There's constant contradictions.

Look no further than experiences in American gym locker rooms where numerous times I've seen female janitors in the men's room cleaning around naked men. Yet women, progressives and leftists would never allow the inverse, men in women's rooms cleaning around naked women. In pro sports, women journalists are allowed in men's locker rooms to interview athletes butt naked. The inverse is not allowed at all, male journalists in women's bathrooms.

So either attempt to make everything equal, everyone changing in and using the same bathrooms and locker room or STOP picking and choosing whose rights matter and whose rights don't.

America is just too prude for this. I notice here it's mostly women arguing for transgendered rights the loudest. I'd like to ask, would they feel comfortable with me, a hot blooded male, changing and using a female bathroom/locker room next to them and their daughters? My guess is they'd argue, no. Well how can they prove what I identify with? And why would they be afraid of it if it's more the norm in Europe? They'd respond with fear and argue it's their right not to have me, a hot blooded male changing and showering next to them.

And that's hypocrisy. Their fears would come into play while they dismiss fears of others now, as bigoted and ignorant.

If you want to do away with the lines of gender which this movement is, then just have one big coed bathroom for everyone. That's exactly what I've experienced in places like Germany and Sweden. But suddenly their fears and their "rights" would come into play.
edit on 13-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

I'm thinking this is the perfect group to protest this with though. Let's remake Porkies!

Get the boys to group up and start just using the girls' restrooms and locker rooms all the time. They can rub it in how much they are obviously enjoying the experience too, and when someone complains, all the boys do is group up and explain they feel like women that day. The law is right now that badly written so as not to discriminate. It's insane.

If enough do it all at once, something will have to be done or every high school boy in the country will be a sex offender.

Not to mention, we DO live in a RAPE Culture! /sarcasm

Holy hell. Wait until these 2 Progressive movements clash!
Not to mention, the focus is on using the toilet, while not mentioning the locker room nor showers?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Loving it!

This is all about the students but who are these kids? So, you think these transgender girls belong in the boy's facilities? If one of them was your daughter, would you really want that?

Thanks Obama! (for reals!)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The problem is that America is such a hyper-sexualized society and this is another facet of that.

We are completely preoccupied with how everyone has sex and that is often the most important detail about everything, and at the same time, we are obsessed with it not being anyone's business, and then we at the same time we want certain things that everything else about society train us to believe is intensely sexual to NOT be intensely sexual all of a sudden.

Personally, I am beginning to believe that there really was something to the '50s when even public hand-holding was frowned upon. Not because I necessarily want to be that uptight about affection, but because then maybe we could stop obsessing over sex 24/7.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'm thinking this is the perfect group to protest this with though. Let's remake Porkies!

Get the boys to group up and start just using the girls' restrooms and locker rooms all the time. They can rub it in how much they are obviously enjoying the experience too, and when someone complains, all the boys do is group up and explain they feel like women that day. The law is right now that badly written so as not to discriminate. It's insane.

If enough do it all at once, something will have to be done or every high school boy in the country will be a sex offender.

Yes and this law once again, is slanted in favor of women.

These same women would freak out if it's men in their bathrooms and their locker rooms. Modern society here proves just that.

So why can't myself and other males go use the women's room because we decide we'll "identify" as a woman? Would they say we're not allowed because we don't have sex changes to prove it? That's discrimination. Why should I have to pay tens of thousands to prove I'm transgendered or identify as a woman?

Would they allow any man who "identifies" as a woman to use their bathrooms, locker rooms and showers? My guess is no. They'd probably require getting my manhood chopped off first to prove it even though they're arguing at the same time gender isn't what's on the outside but rather the inside.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Department of Education made this possible. "Federal" education funding.

So the deal is, and what you are going to see, is that if Republicans gain the White House, two will play this game.

If it's Trump, hang on to your "Sanctuary" cities and States, because the well is going to dry up and rightfully so. It's not the about the WHY, it's about the HOW.

If this is the way the Left wants to fight, Karma is going to be a.......

edit on 882pm3103America/Chicago15CDT03America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Loving it!

This is all about the students but who are these kids? So, you think these transgender girls belong in the boy's facilities? If one of them was your daughter, would you really want that?

My daughter would use the girl's room.

My son would use the boy's room.

Has worked that way for thousands of years. Not complicated.

If and when we do away with men's and women's rooms and just go coed, then they'll use the coed bathroom or locker room.

Simple.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If Trump is President, and he uses his executive authority to stop funding to 'certain' agencies...like Obama

Don't cry Democrats/Liberals/Progressives.

Don't shed one tear and remember this moment.
edit on 884pm3103America/Chicago15CDT03America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I knew someone that went to a nudist camp for a while. They said that at first, all they could think about when seeing naked bodies was s-e-x. But it only took a few days of seeing a bunch of naked people every day all day, that they stopped thinking anything about it. There's something less sexual about naked bodies then having people wear sexy revealing clothes. Weird but true.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, I tried to bring some common sense into this debate.

Good luck with the pee-drama folks.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Gay marriage is a non-issue.

The state has no right to ban or allow gay marriage. That is a function of the church, if one church wants to marry gays, or straights, or multiple partners; then so be it. The only regulation should be that only consenting adults may marry, they just have to find a church accepting of that practice.

Marriage licenses were instituted as a racist policy to prevent whites and blacks to marry. So people who support gay marriage ban, or support gay marriage 'legalization' are actually RACIST.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I've been pro gay marriage for the past 20 years, but that is an odd equivocation

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Gay marriage is a non-issue now. It was a YUUUUGE issue not too long ago when the legality was being debated, or weren't you around then? There were the craziest arguments against it, saying that it would ruin traditional marriage, pedophiles would be marrying 5 year olds, people would be marrying inanimate objects and animals, America would crumble, it went on and on.

Same deal with this. It's a huge issue now, but when the dust settles and transgender folks can use the restroom they identify with, it will go back to being a non-issue. Mark my words.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Uhh, I actually have gay friends, and a lot of them are NOT on the same team as the Transexuals.

I'd say half.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It was a non-issue then as well.

What part of government has no right to deny/allow gay marriage do you not understand?

EDIT:

Transgenders using bathrooms is also a non-issue, if you look like a girl, there probably won't be anybody questioning what is in your pants, same with people who look like males. This government edict allows for males who look like males to go into female bathrooms/shower rooms and vice versa.
edit on 13-5-2016 by GodEmperor because: edit

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Mass hysteria over a letter...LOLLOLOLOL...On a serious note I don't know who I should vote for. The right hates me and would stone me to death if permitted and the left will make more rules and take my guns away. This is a dilemma for sure, guess I'll just go Libertarian like any sane reasonably minded person should.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Is that surprising to you? It isn't to me. We can't get heterosexuals to agree on anything - you think gays are any different?

Some gay people are adamantly against same sex marriage and gay people adopting. Gay people don't have a hive mind, they don't all think alike.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Your Gay Marriage issue is not at all associated with the issue of the topic.

Marriage isn't taxpayer funded for one.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What counts as trans anyway?

To get in the ladies restroom, whats the minimum requirement, besides Identifying as female?

Clothes? What if I'm a trans lady who happens to like mens clothes? Can I just walk in, or do I need some type of female clothing?

What is female clothing then? Thats sexist in the light of where this trans-acceptance is headed. You can no longer categorize clothing down this path.

Are you issued a card that is backed by an accredited LGBT organization?

Whats stopping a guy from putting on just lipstick and head in there? Just scream murder if they try to kick you out?

Nonsense!

I can only see a 3rd bathroom for "those who dare" with a caveat that its a "free-for-all in the middle room". If you are offended, head to your Birth Gender room.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm talking about fear mongering by conservatives who don't like gays or transgender people. The fears never come to pass.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join