It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

And what you and others fail to understand is you can't legislate or differentiate between pervs and trans as that's hidden between the ears of the individual.

You can't just take peoples word for it that they sincerely "identify" as trans.

You think we're going to station cops outside every bathroom in America and leave it to them to decide who are the sincere transgendered and who are the pervs?

Nonsense.

Either everyone gets to use the bathrooms they wish or it' goes by what equipment you're born with. Anything else is discriminatory.

link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Donald Trump (as much as I hate him) does not think a transgender person should be forced to go to the restroom of their born biological sex. Period. Whatever words you want to use - that is his position.

link   
Before this whole 'gender' bathroom/shower debate...how many incidents of someone being booted out of a bathroom were there?

Why did it all of the sudden become a THING, for 0.4% of the population?

If you looked like the opposite sex, and nobody noticed, what are we talking about?

So now it's gone to a Federal "Order" by our Chief SJW in charge, Obama?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

edit on 5/13/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Donald Trump (as much as I hate him) does not think a transgender person should be forced to go to the restroom of their born biological sex. Period. Whatever words you want to use - that is his position.

And?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No. Donald Trump has said it should be up to Each Individual State to decide for themselves.

Do you read?

Trump: States, Not White House Should Decide Transgender Bathroom Issue

Breaking News at Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...

edit on 5/13/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Another question..

All these post-op transitioned photos being posted, of people who successfully look like the other sex. What happens to people that can't afford the surgeries, hormones, right clothes, etc?

Will there be another law that says, "If you still have facial hair, a pee pee, and a deep voice, we'll let it slide"?

How far does this slippery slope go?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Then we need to ban all men from public parking lots and parking garages, because that is where a lot of sexual assaults happen (a lot more often than in bathrooms). I don't care if it's inconvenient for them - it's safer if parking lots and parking garages are only available to women.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

And what? Trump is on the side of letting transgenders use the restrooms they feel most comfortable in and not forcing them by any laws to use a different restroom. So if Trump becomes president, this is one issue I don't have to fight him on.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Then we need to ban all men from public parking lots and parking garages, because that is where a lot of sexual assaults happen (a lot more often than in bathrooms). I don't care if it's inconvenient for them - it's safer if parking lots and parking garages are only available to women.

Which is about to be eclipsed by sexual assaults in public restrooms. So thanks for one more danger zone. Thanks a lot.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Well on the day he was on NBC, he said North Carolina shouldn't have passed the bathroom bill. I linked the article to prove it. But as usual, Trump being the idiot he is, has pulled a switcheroo yet again. Just goes to show ya, people with Alzheimer's shouldn't be President.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

And People who feel their 0.1% agenda and 'rights' are more important than that of the rest of the 99% should learn to tread very carefully as not to stick their own foot in it appearing to the rest of us as erratic fools.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Great. We'll just ban all men from all public places. Bathrooms, locker rooms, parking lots, elevators, parking garages, alleys... am I forgetting anything? Let's not forget homes, because most rapes happen at home by people we know.

I was a victim of date rape in college, so I get it. But I refuse to live my life in fear, and I refuse to teach my daughter to live in fear. I teach her to be careful, be aware of her surroundings, and scream and fight like hell if attacked. And I'm not going to block people who haven't done anything wrong from being in a public restroom just because of what happened in my past.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Our Governor in Arkansas isn`t on board with this

www.arkansasmatters.com...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The law states you cannot discriminate based on sex. I agree with that. How is a person's sex determined legally in the U.S. ? I don't recall it being whatever the individual decided it was. If we are gonna spout the law here then let's not forget how ones sex is legally determined since we are gonna stand on that soapbox.
edit on 13-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

And People who feel their 0.1% agenda and 'rights' are more important than that of the rest of the 99% should learn to tread very carefully as not to stick their own foot in it appearing to the rest of us as erratic fools.

As a woman (assuming you were born one) do you not find it insulting that the Government never consulted YOU and your gender, how you feel about this issue?

And isn't it curious that one of the main people behind the NC legislation, was a convicted sex offender himself?

?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You guys are going bankrupt and you make a big fuss about public toilets.

Oh my gawd those evil people ar taking over our bathrooms.

Oh my gawd your so original!

I don't wanna here anything from you Canadians until you start opening your bathrooms to the Moose! They have rights too!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Great. We'll just ban all men from all public places. Bathrooms, locker rooms, parking lots, elevators, parking garages, alleys... am I forgetting anything? Let's not forget homes, because most rapes happen at home by people we know.

I was a victim of date rape in college, so I get it. But I refuse to live my life in fear, and I refuse to teach my daughter to live in fear. I teach her to be careful, be aware of her surroundings, and scream and fight like hell if attacked. And I'm not going to block people who haven't done anything wrong from being in a public restroom just because of what happened in my past.

That doesn't even make sense. A bathroom is a vulnerable place. Your pants are literally around your ankles. It's a lot different and more private and easier to control than most public spaces. So maybe it's not an issue for you, but it is for me. I will be anxious about using a restroom that allows men access. Like I said. I don't care about whatever ridiculous mental gymnastics that you use to justify this. I'm done with you.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I was a victim of date rape in college, so I get it.

Victim here too. Ex boyfriend broke into my house and raped me.

And I have 2 daughters. One was molested walking home from school by a flasher that hid in the bushes. I was standing at the bottom of the hill. The detectives just happened to be a lesbian couple that lived across the street.

This whole bathroom thing is fear mongering ridiculous.

And was started by holier-than-thou Mom's who outed a teen transgender that was in school with their "perfect little angel" kids.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

OMG, you're suggesting inconveniencing men?

You know what happens every time you do that.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join